• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th Gen Pokemon Discussion, CAUTION!! (Contains Spoilers)

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Dunsparse needs an evolution.
Also luvdisc. I think luvdisc is only there for subtle imagery in the anime.

I would get rid of Magmars evolution and forget it ever happened. Seriously why did they have to ruin a perfectly awesome pokemon with a hideous evolution :urg:

Spire, whilst I agree with you about Mewtwos design being awesome, something needs to be done about his in game sprite. First gen was awesome, but it's all gone downhill from there:
In R/B:

In HG/SS:

Ugh, look at his spindly little arms.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I actually hated his Gen 1 Sprite. It made him look too much like a thug, when I'd always thought of him as a genius.

EDIT: Also, I think you could find plenty of people that think Magmar looked ugly already, and needed cannons for arms. ;)

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Nah man, Magmar is a ******, his evolution is not.
When I first saw magmortar I got that same feeling as when my Dragonair first evolved.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, who gives a **** about this when Soul Silver/Heart Gold is about to come out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Spire, whilst I agree with you about Mewtwos design being awesome, something needs to be done about his in game sprite. First gen was awesome, but it's all gone downhill from there:
In R/B:

In HG/SS:

Ugh, look at his spindly little arms.
Better than his first sprite in Red/Green.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I definitely agree with the whole pokemon being too complicated thing. I really like the simplicity of the first gen pokemon compared to most of the others, mostly from the 3rd onwards.

Like, I don't get Rhydon's evolution. I love how Rhydon looks, but then they make Rhyperior like black and red and it doesn't seem right.

unreon

Smash Ace
This is a serious question.

Does anyone know of a Youtube channel where I can watch Pokemon episodes?

Just the ones with important battles - gym leaders, Gary, Pokemon League, etc.

Of all the seasons and generations.

Because Charizard vs Blastoise makes me tear up inside. Of joy.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Well there's always LEGAL DOWNLOADS off of COMPLETELY LEGAL SITES. I can't think of any off the top of my head though, so you'll have to google them.

EDIT: That's given me an idea, to upload all the important/******/extremely sad/James-focussed episodes to my youtube channel.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Theyll probably have this pre-evo have learn a new move called Shotgun Punch, 60 Base Power Steel Priority Move.
And then scizor keeps it on evolution.

And then they are going to keep priority the same so it continues to destroy the entire universe :(

Also Mewtwo is the mother ****ing T-Rex of pokemon, doesnt need Arms ma****ers, hes got a mother****ing TAIL.

And a head that will slap you dead.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
needs a mecha pokemon or chimeara pokemon >.>... 2 much of a movie plot =P

polar bear pokemon?
swordfish pokemon???
liger pokemon????
earthworm pokemon?????
are they taken already.. not thinking well atm..

maybe next they will give pichu different evolutions XD like an eevee XP

Dedu

Smash Lord
Evos? Pffft. Too many out there.

Give me a PIKABLU any day and I'll be a happy chappy!

No... not Marril.
*Reference to a lame *** cheat in R/B*

And btw,
RB owns all. Mewtwo, Dragonair, Pikachu, Charizard, Mew annnnnd Articuno. That sprite made me cry when I first saw it!

Well... GS had some pretty **** good mons. Like uhhh Wobbuffet?

RS came along and then everything started looking a bit too much like Digimon copy-pastas!
And I hate digimon anyways...

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
But Guys, You All Seem To Be Forgetting Umbreon.

Let's Talk More About Umbreon.

:040:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Evos? Pffft. Too many out there.

Give me a PIKABLU any day and I'll be a happy chappy!

No... not Marril.
*Reference to a lame *** cheat in R/B*
The pokemon TCG has had alt-types for pokemon, so that wouldn't surprise me if they do that, make different element "clones" of pokemon.

Alzi

Smash Master
Pokemon is soon going to turn into a MMORPG. It will replace WOW in futures time.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
A pokemon MMO or a Pokemon fighter would **** imo.

As far as sprites go I agree that 4th gen sprites look to complex and I hated how many old pokes evolved into ones that hardly looked like the originals. e.g. Magnezone and Rhyperior. They look cool on there own but yea....

There were some good ones though like Lucario. Plus I liked most of 3rd gen pokes, most didn't seem too bizarre.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i can see a mmorpg in the next 5 years, they are going to have to if they want poke'mon to live on

just a guess nothing more

Alzi

Smash Master
Once they reach 1000 they will all be like hmm we need a new plan to make this live on and then they will bring out the MMORPG POKEMON with over 9000 pokemons.

Yes i totally see this happening and just destroying wow then we will see kids at the age of 6 lose their lives so quickly poor people the future is going to kill everyone inside.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
pretty sure i want a pokemon game where all pokemon are god tier. Or for the lulz, anime style. Where you don't need to evolve your pokemon to WIN!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And attacks fail to hit because you tell your pokemon to DODGE IT!

unreon

Smash Ace
I'm sure that governments around the world have hushed the fact that they have a total lockdown on the production and creation of any future Pokemon MMOs. It would instantaneously, systematically, completely cause an abhorrent blank in the education and productivity of the next generation. An economic apocalypse, a technological black hole, an agricultural wasteland.

They just won't allow it to happen >=(

Top Bottom