• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th Gen Pokemon Discussion, CAUTION!! (Contains Spoilers)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
So I was checking out Serebii net and found news about the 5th generation of Pokemon will be released at some point near the future.

So, what do you guys think? I myself recon its pretty awesome to see another generation of Pokemon =D but at the same time, I think they're really starting to overdo it =S

And Pics :3

Pete278

Smash Lord
I don't understand the 'they're overdoing it!' arguement. Without 'overdoing it', classics like Wobbuffet, Jirachi, Lucario and Regigigas wouldn't exist, and we'd be stuck with the same boring 151.

Note also that just cause they're in the movie doesn't mean its coming too soon after. D/P weren't right after Lucario's appearance, after all.

On a less serious note, Farfetch'd needs an evolution: Abusr'd, a leak samurai. :D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well regardless I don't really mind what happens with Pokemon. I mean its a popular series so I guess I can why they'd continue it xD I just hope alot of the pokemon turn out okay, I didnt really like much of generation 4 pokemon

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Heh, i didn't like it as much as the original 3 regis xD. Generation 2 and 3 I liked the most considering it had pretty much all of my favorite pokemanz ;3

Regardless, It'll be interesting to see what pokemon they'll come up with now. And Yays, more pokemon anime for me to buy <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
While I'm generally happy with the designs of most Pokemon (and the one on the right looks friggin awesome), I'm concerned about what they are going to do with the legendaries; 4th Gen had the masters of Time, Space, all emotions, the embodiment of dreams and nightmares, and the creator of the universe. What can they do to top that?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Why do they need to top it, though? Gen 4 was meant to be all about the mythology plotwise, and that's what they did. They can go back to Team Rocket making superclones now even, if they wanted to.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
That actually looks... pretty cool.

I was almost certain it was going to be a lucario evolution though.
That's pretty much exactly what I thought also =P

I hope they have better legendarily this time. I didn't like the fairy things >.< and the fact they made them all the same type =<

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I guess it's too late to send Nintendo the Pokemon I drew to be included in 5th Gen huh. D:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes, finally, FINALLY

my MEWTHREE of my yellow days will finally, finally, shed its skin.

Mewthree beat everyones *****es.
Like all the *****es that had red/blue who only rare candyd their *****es up, but also had level 240 mewtwos, but if it was a comparison between level 100s, mine would always be TOO PRO.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Expected it to be a Lucario evolution like most, glad it's not though.

lol Shaya there is an actual "Mewthree", it featured in the 10th anniversary OVA I think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd also like to see this thing EA.:)

Like all the *****es that had red/blue who only rare candyd their *****es up, but also had level 240 mewtwos, but if it was a comparison between level 100s, mine would always be TOO PRO.
Ha! I had the Level Over 100's Mewtwos too.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hmm, now that I've looked it up, I might be wrong in the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mastermind_of_Mirage_Pok%C3%A9mon

That is definitely the episode though. All the articles I see refer to it as "Mirage-Mewtwo," but if my memory's correct they refer to it as Mewthree in the episode proper. Basically it's supposedly a "perfect" pokemon that looks like Mewtwo and can perform any attack (in a pretty bizzarre fashion, actually). As a product of the mirage machine it's a "fake" pokemon, but whatever.

Anyway I'll see if I can verify the name tomorrow at Ted's, I'm capped atm.

Alzi

Smash Master
I have quit pokemon but here you guys go:

Also i go on serebii.net forums from time to time but only post in the nintendo discussion search up my sexy profile i am Alzi there.

Theres your first 2 of 5th gen pokemon revealed. I think it's for the upcoming movie after it we will start seeing some 5th gen pokemon. Basically end of this year we are going to hear news about the new handheld so yeah 5th gen is coming in 2011 i'd say.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lollllllllllllllllllllllllll. Massive facepalm.

Did you even read the first post?

Also Gen 5 will be out this year, at least in Japan. Plus a week for any english translation patches one might need.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If you watch it.

It's completely different.

Except the **** part.

Alzi

Smash Master
I kinda read the first post then was like OH I WILL SHOW THEM THE 5TH GEN POKEMON then it had nothing to do with that 5th gen pokemon.

Oh well.

Shroomish and Breloom will always **** in my books so stfu everyone.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but at the same time, I think they're really starting to overdo it =S
starting? they've been overdoing it for a looooong time now.
epic fox pokemon (needs more fox's) but it looks kinda ****ed up when it evolves, cant they make everything look better when they evolve

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The only thing that has me wondering is when will Pokemon exactly end?
When Nintendo goes bankrupt.

Same could be said for things like Smash. Brawl wasn't the last in the series. It turned a huge profit. So as long as there's 10 million little kids out there banging their heads on the floor until they bleed, wanting more and more pokemon, then Nintendo will give them more pokemon.

Now, I have a concussion, must lay down for a bit...

Jupz

Smash Master
That pokemon actually looks pretty cool. Also why can't they continue adding more pokemon? it just makes the metagame more diverse, and if they keep looking cool, why not? The anime sucked ages ago. The games stay pretty much the same with just new pokemon.

Richard7

Smash Ace
When Nintendo goes bankrupt.

Same could be said for things like Smash. Brawl wasn't the last in the series. It turned a huge profit. So as long as there's 10 million little kids out there banging their heads on the floor until they bleed, wanting more and more pokemon, then Nintendo will give them more pokemon.

Now, I have a concussion, must lay down for a bit...
LOL! I laughed irl.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
epic fox pokemon (needs more fox's) but it looks kinda ****ed up when it evolves, cant they make everything look better when they evolve
Yeah, I mostly thought that after 4th gen. xD But then again if they stop making them, the series would eventually die D:

I hope they're more epic bird pokemanz.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The problem as I see it is they're trying to make them look "cool and edgy" and trying too hard. Charizard is awesome because he simply looks like a dragon. Not some sort of super cool and edgy dragon, just a dragon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the problem as I see it is that they are way too many pokemon already, good luck coming up with more

Spire

III
BRoomer
The problem as I see it is they're trying to make them look "cool and edgy" and trying too hard. Charizard is awesome because he simply looks like a dragon. Not some sort of super cool and edgy dragon, just a dragon.
Word. Why Charizard's design is timeless is because of its form, basic color scheme, and lack of an intricate design. Same with Mewtwo. Both Charizard and Mewtwo are perfectly designed in my opinion, involving only 2-3 prime colors. Charizard is predominantly orange with a rounded, yellow underside and teal wing leather. Mewtwo is light purple with a rounded, purple underside. That's it for them. Lucario and Zoroark have way too many colors and textures. If they would have designed them with the simplistic approach that they did with Charizard and Mewtwo, we would have two Pokemon that feel tried and true to the originals. Pokemon are becoming more and more like Digimon :ohwell:
MilesTails should be the evolved form of Ninetails :)
lol mic

Top Bottom