• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yeah, I'm not really trying to be as harsh as I probably sound here...I'm being an advocate for Gigs because I think they try the hardest to please players of any tourney place ever...and I really, really appreciate it.

Hard Knocks kinda made me mad, so that's a sore spot.

I definitely respect your opinions, and you make some valid points, but I'm going to defend Gigs when I see it. You seemed a bit harsh, but I probably do, too...so oh well to that.

Anyways...no offense meant to you. hope you didn't take any.

None taken. I still think gigs > HK, even though i wanted to point out some good things HK did. A shame they'll never do those good things again, as ive heard they arent hosting anymore tourneys for brawl.

Fenrir, on a completely unrelated note, i gotta introduce you to my friend Chris...although i fear if you two meet it may be the equivilent of dividing by zero. You're basically the older version of him. You two look the same, your posture is the same, you talk the same...its creepy as hell. The only difference is that you're taller and you have alittle less acne

Zoro

Smash Champion
Yes i stereotype 08ers as bein scrubs that have never gone to tourneys before!

o well

lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yes i stereotype 08ers as bein scrubs that have never gone to tourneys before!

o well

lol
im about as close as you can get...joined in 05 but never posted and only went to 1 melee tournament in which i did ok

but i dont act ******** like some new people, so its ok :laugh:

Gindler

Smash Champion
On that note, are there any upcoming melee tournies? Maybe a friendlies tourney or something? cause I don't feel like paying since I can't wavedash "fluently".

On a more related note, HK isn't doing another brawl tourney? Geez, they hardly even tried last time and now they're just giving up? I guess they want to stick to their rock, paper, scissors tournies (completely serious they do do that).

Ha, I'm an 08er and i wouldn't say I'm a scrub. More of a "noob" that has never gone to a tourney before HK (epic fail btw). and i just joined because brawl was coming out so that says alot too :p

Zoro

Smash Champion
I think we need to have a melee smash fest just for fun
I think that would still be funner than a brawl tourney

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
On that note, are there any upcoming melee tournies? Maybe a friendlies tourney or something? cause I don't feel like paying since I can't wavedash "fluently".

On a more related note, HK isn't doing another brawl tourney? Geez, they hardly even tried last time and now they're just giving up? I guess they want to stick to their rock, paper, scissors tournies (completely serious they do do that).

Ha, I'm an 08er and i wouldn't say I'm a scrub. More of a "noob" that has never gone to a tourney before HK (epic fail btw). and i just joined because brawl was coming out so that says alot too :p
dont feel bad. for some reason, i can never do it more than 3 straight times in a row, at least while i was consistently playing melee.

i wonder how hard i'd get rocked in that game. I never even played it competitively on a serious level, so my *** whoopin would be serious business

maybe i should buy melee, although i have a lot of catching up to do if im even to have a close game with the melee players here in CFL >.>

Gindler

Smash Champion
I think we need to have a melee smash fest just for fun
I think that would still be funner than a brawl tourney
First note: That's a great Idea. I just have to remember DJC exists in melee when i transition.
Second note: Not to sure, at least not for kids who couldn't wavedash all day or any of those other fancy tricks i didn't learn about till november last year :laugh:

dont feel bad. for some reason, i can never do it more than 3 straight times in a row, at least while i was consistently playing melee.

i wonder how hard i'd get rocked in that game. I never even played it competitively on a serious level, so my *** whoopin would be serious business

maybe i should buy melee, although i have a lot of catching up to do if im even to have a close game with the melee players here in CFL >.>
Ha, yeah fancy tricks that aren't really "necessary" but apparently they do help.

I never played competitively unless someone challenged me saying they could pwn me (usually people I knew and they couldn't pwn me), my brother was pretty good for a no wave dasher, he's the only person I really had trouble with until I figured him out, I think if I fought someone who could actually wavedash fluently I'd get so hosed.

Ha, I should get melee out of the "never play again cause a new game in the series came out" box cause it was pretty fun even though it only had like 24 characters :laugh: but hey I don't use any of the newbies so I wouldn't mind.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, i requested this day off. i hope i get it. if i do, ninjabox will be back to **** some more. now, with new and improved gay antics. oh, and i've been trying out MK. he's seems really good, and you get a lot of easy hits in, but im not really enjoying playing hi. oh wells, we'll see. cuz i need a broken secondary to back up that kirby.

-hiro

Zoro

Smash Champion
lol bro i just played a computer pit and it camped the **** out of me

even computers camp its amazing

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
MK is not broken.....

Wow Florida is starting to turn lame for smash...

I used a low tier in melee (Yoshi) now that I promised myself I would use MK since I enjoyed his character in many past Kirby games, I get ****ted on for picking him cause everyone assumes he is broken....

Finch

Smash Lord
Hey sabinx are you going to this or are you gonna stay home because your crew is going and they're better than you anyway so you might as well not go?

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
to finch: I will be at ZP tourny on same day most likely. If I was in FL for 1st gigs tournament I would have come up for it.

If you want to lose in teams again, and singles if you unfortunately get to play me.. by all means. come back down again. Also, my MM invitation stands. If you want to trash talk with me.. better have some $ with you. ;)

hope to see some of the CFL ppl down in FL again.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
to finch: I will be at ZP tourny on same day most likely. If I was in FL for 1st gigs tournament I would have come up for it.

If you want to lose in teams again, and singles if you unfortunately get to play me.. by all means. come back down again. Also, my MM invitation stands. If you want to trash talk with me.. better have some $ with you. ;)

hope to see some of the CFL ppl down in FL again.
seibrik is 99% sure Bash III is gonna be moved back a week

Raistlin

Smash Lord
MK is not broken.....

Wow Florida is starting to turn lame for smash...

I used a low tier in melee (Yoshi) now that I promised myself I would use MK since I enjoyed his character in many past Kirby games, I get ****ted on for picking him cause everyone assumes he is broken....
Don't generalize about a whole state just because some people are complaining. Don't hate on Florida.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Dude, 2 stock for singles pools? What the hell is that going to do to my Pokemon Trainer?

Meh :(

Why not try making a 2-day tournament? It would probably be a lot easier...

40/20/10: +1

Everyone will just ignore this post anyway.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Dude, 2 stock for singles pools? What the hell is that going to do to my Pokemon Trainer?

Meh :(

Why not try making a 2-day tournament? It would probably be a lot easier...

40/20/10: +1

Everyone will just ignore this post anyway.
1. its already been decided they're gonna do 4 seperate 32 man brackets, and take the top 8 from each bracket and put all those into the final 32 man bracket.

2. 2 Day tournaments are bad for people who cant get rides/housing for both days, or people who dont want to burn their ENTIRE weekend on brawl.

3. thanks for the vote

4. post not ignored. phail

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
**** that sounds soooo tight....top eight in four brackets? thats gonna be really competitive i love it...

sighrax i hope ur in my bracket...i wanna settle this top wario buisness =) but i kno u dont care lol

Gindler

Smash Champion
1. its already been decided they're gonna do 4 seperate 32 man brackets, and take the top 8 from each bracket and put all those into the final 32 man bracket.

2. 2 Day tournaments are bad for people who cant get rides/housing for both days, or people who dont want to burn their ENTIRE weekend on brawl.

3. thanks for the vote

1. are all the matches double elim or just in the final 32 man bracket? Cause I'll probably get matched up with the guy that'll Win the whole tourney in the first round and go home crying if the whole tourney isn't double elim :laugh:

2. No kidding brawl isn't worth a whole weekend, half maybe but whole no.

3. don't know what to put for that

4. :chuckle:

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
I'm at almost every gigs, so probably. 5 sounds good. We should be able to find each other pretty easily, there aren't many Wario mains around.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I'd like a MM with all these wario players, since I just so happen to play Wario costume Mario :D

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman

3. thanks for the vote

1) That is cool but I really wish I could use my Pokemon Trainer with less stress. I like the setup otherwise.

2) Long *** tournaments are just as cumbersome on some. I had my daughter at the last tournament (with girlfriend and brother but still) and there is little way I could stay until three, four, five, six, in the morning you dig? I would have to give up my spot and that would really suck. Both have the ups and downs. I am not really for one over thee other, now that I think about it.

3) No problem. I wished it was that way in the first tournament.

4) Meh :( I cannot win for losing?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i will mm two wario players vs me just constantly tornadoing and up-b spamming, i'll put up $10 and they can each put up $5 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom