• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Over the summer, QDVS may not be able to go to certain tournaments because of how far away he lives. I would team with you if he couldn't come and we both needed teammates.

Thursday or Friday is good.

Exams until then.

And thank you for voting!!
Maybe I should jump at this chance to team with the Great Rx =D and the fact that its gonna be hard finding tournies that you aren't teaming with Andy and vice versa.

40/20/10 is good I suppose.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Although the Miami tournament is happening at the same time as this. There's also Jacon anime convention happening at the same time.

So if with this 40/20/10 pot split. the remaining 30% goes to the venue?

Let me reiterate that gigs > jacon.

And yea, 30% goes to the venue. Its the exact same amount that goes to the venue as the 50/15/5. Only difference is that, obviously, 2nd and 3rd get more

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Pools should really never be bigger than 6 people.

Which means you could put a little over 400 people in a pool if you had logpools.
Obviously i'm using the natural log, since that's the best one anyways.

logpools seems to be the way to go.

Actually you could just do a lnroundrobin for the tourney and be done. That's be amazing.

And I doubt i'll be here since i'll be in gville where melee is more readily available.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5

paying out to the two 5th placers. I favor this payout by quite a lot.

Finch

Smash Lord
Derf, Finch, Fenrir, Proteus, PureKorea and Exarch!!

Can you guys please vote for either a 40/20/10 pot split or a 50/15/5?

I personally would rather the 40/20/10 and I need to know if others would too.
I don't care but I'll vote 40/20/10 because I like you ;)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hmm. I have like 3 weeks to get way better at brawl and find a teammate...

gl self

edit: is cassanova on smashboards? I think MK + TL would be a badass team.
if you didnt live an hour away I have someone here who usually needs a teammate.

As for the getting better part, you get better by playing people, and you are always open to playing at me or my boy's house on weekdays or non-tourney weekends. I say that cause we have to drive to Orlando so much for tourneys we're tired of going there on the weekdays too (aka, we're lazy). But we play about every weekday in our hometown. If you find a teammate over there you can even bring them and we can do teams

Just hit me up on aim, GameDragonX, if you are ever interested

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
40/20/10 - +8
50/15/5 - 0

@ Fenrir, I 100% agree with you about that potsplit, so maybe we can think about that for the NEXT gigs, but for this one, can I mark you down for 40/20/10 over 50/15/5?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
40/20/10 - +8
50/15/5 - 0

@ Fenrir, I 100% agree with you about that potsplit, so maybe we can think about that for the NEXT gigs, but for this one, can I mark you down for 40/20/10 over 50/15/5?
why don't we just add it to this? there is enough time until the tourney...and you know there's going to be around 100 people again...I say we add it to this. It's not right to have to place top 3 to get any money at all....expand it

so who's with me on this?

35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5 actually sounds good. Especially with how big these tournaments are. As long as there are 40 entrants 5th makes money, and Gigs should stay way bigger than that.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't really see any reason not to expand it...

I thought about coming up with a top 8 payout (to the 7th spot)...but yeah, I just did my top 5...

add it to the vote and let people change their votes to it, if need be. I like the 40/20/10 one, too...but I like more spots better.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
under the newly proposed 35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5, with 128 peoples at 15 a pop, making the pot 1920, payouts would look like this:

1st: 672
2nd: 288
3rd: 192
4th: 96
5th: 48 each

With the remaining 30%, or 624, still going to gigs for venue. which is still alot of money for 1st and 5th still gets triple their money. If this payout is the case, i'll change my vote from 40/20/10 to this new one. In fact, we should just clear all votes and have a revote starting now (sorry to all who already voted)

Your choices are:

Vote Count:
1. 50/15/5 - 0
2. 40/20/10 - 0
3. 35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5 - 1

We should deadline this for like...a week or two. nothing TOO far away or people will forget all about it

my only question is, what should we do for teams? Keep it at top 3? I believe there were something like 49 teams at the last gigs (which is pretty crazy). I dont think teams should go any further than top 4 though, if ever going to 4 at all

Finch

Smash Lord
if you didnt live an hour away I have someone here who usually needs a teammate.

As for the getting better part, you get better by playing people, and you are always open to playing at me or my boy's house on weekdays or non-tourney weekends. I say that cause we have to drive to Orlando so much for tourneys we're tired of going there on the weekdays too (aka, we're lazy). But we play about every weekday in our hometown. If you find a teammate over there you can even bring them and we can do teams

Just hit me up on aim, GameDragonX, if you are ever interested
Dude we talked about this. I'll be in Lakeland all summer which means we'll play whenever we can. I can even drive you guys to this gigs since winter haven is kind of on the way.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Alright, I call ultimate revote with Fenrir!!!

35/15/10/5/2.5/2.5 - 5
40/20/10 - 4
50/15/5 - 0

If you just say "I vote 35 instead of 40" I'll know what you mean.

Likewise if you say, "I vote 40" or "I vote 50" I'll understand. It's easier than typing out the whole thing.

Feel free to change your votes to the new option!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Dude we talked about this. I'll be in Lakeland all summer which means we'll play whenever we can. I can even drive you guys to this gigs since winter haven is kind of on the way.
you're gonna be in lakeland by 5/17? when you coming to lakeland?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
What program does Gigabits use? I just tested out making a bracket over 128 people and mine had no problem doing so.

You should look into upgrading to [thread=90655]Tio[/thread].

btw, thanks for avoiding to use the same date as my tourney. I just hope everyone will still have enough money to attend.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hey, most of us from the Jacksonville area will be showing up to this. The last Gigs *****!

And I vote for 35, if it matters.
you/C-PO/jesus coming again? thats badass dude

I dont think i ever fought your wario at garbanzo's place. Just C-PO and jesus

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Depending on whether or not I have the money/time for this, I may be coming. Just don't count on it...

But after seeing all the posts from the last Gigs, it's hard to not want to join.

35 sounds good.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
C-PO and I are coming for sure. The others should be coming too. We've got to represent Jax as Team Rapeman Jenkins again! :colorful:

By the way, we'll be staying at Garbanzo's place again, so maybe we can get some friendlies in the night before.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
C-PO and I are coming for sure. The others should be coming too. We've got to represent Jax as Team Rapeman Jenkins again! :colorful:

By the way, we'll be staying at Garbanzo's place again, so maybe we can get some friendlies in the night before.
its the weekend of jacon, so most likely ill already have a hotel room for the weekend, as i usually pay for the room and my friends reimburse. But ill make sure to stop by garbanzos that friday and play you guys. I already asked for that Friday off cause of Jacon..but with gigs the next day this is even more reason for me to get that day off.

i thought it was funny how they said your team name everytime you had a match. Like they were confused or something...

me and force (guy who came with me last time) always need team practice, so expect us to ask for alot of it at garbanzos.

Thanks in advance to garbanzo for letting me and my boy over to play, and we promise we wont stay the night again, although the floor was quite comfortable

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We get kicked out of the dorms 4/29.
oh **** son. 863-258-4809...call that when you are in lakeland and you are bored. Anytime after 5pm on weekdays and all non-tourney weekends (no homo)

If my boy Force is available that night, im gonna tell you to go to Lake Alfred to his house, which is about 30-40min drive from lakeland. If he isnt available to play that night, then ill just come by your residence.

You are officially coming to all tourneys that me and force are going to this summer. I actually like driving but hate gas prices(like, 5 bucks to an orlando/tampa tourney. 10 if anything crazy like Miami or Ocala), so as long as you chip in alittle gas im good. Ill see what i can do about finding you a perma teammate. One of them plays falco/ganondorf, and the other plays snake/falco...after i determine who is better of the two ill let you know (its most likely the falco/ganondorf, but i havnt played the snake in a while so i dunno)

As for this gigs, im going to orlando on Friday because i really do plan to attend Jacon for at least Friday, and Ill have a hotel room there with my friends. You are free to stay in the room for Friday night if you want, or drive yourself to gigs saturday. I personally just plan to leave the hotel saturday morning and go to gigs.

Linguini

Smash Master
I dont think its a good idea at all to make this the same date as seibriks, seeing as its the biggest/only sfl tournament going on on a consistent basis like. Not to mention we had a ton of ppl from orlando last time and seibrik posted the thread a week and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom