• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equi

Smash Ace
omega ic's?

I had extensive faith in the ICs, until I realized that it's easy for smart smart players to avoid getting grabbed, unlike Melee.

They're still underated, but meh.

I found a MK counter. Looking forward to this tourney. :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Completely unrelated

man i just played melee for like 10 hours at xyzs house and i must say

**** brawl man

No such thing as being good, just good characters
thats my opinion

Melee is soooo much fun

Brawl will never replace melee

If melee dies I want to learn another more difficult game

Dop was sayin guilty gear was hard so i might try it
but i was lookin forward to street fighter 4 tho

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Completely unrelated

**** brawl man

thats my opinion

Melee is soooo much fun

Then dont play the game, i guarentee no one will miss you.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Just get tired of the OMAIGAWDMELEE>BRAWL.
Its like, okay, pretty much everyone agrees, i dont need to be reminded.
Yeah, I got yo back on this one. So sick of everyone BAW'ing all day long about it, just play Melee then, guys. No explanation needed here, thanks.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Completely unrelated

**** brawl man

thats my opinion

Melee is soooo much fun

lol are you the one that was yelling at that girl you were teaming with (marin i think?) during our teams match? poor girl you were practically making fun of her mid match.

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
Then dont play the game, i guarentee no one will miss you.
Yeah, I got yo back on this one. So sick of everyone BAW'ing all day long about it, just play Melee then, guys. No explanation needed here, thanks.
Everyone says things like this because they have never picked up Melee. I have spent 2 years on it, and learned everything that could. That game was challenging and fun, the community was great too. So what if we complain of course we Melee players are going to. After all: WE SAW THE BEST GAME EVER DIE!! not saying that Brawl is bad, i ****ing love this game too. You guys shouldn't be disrepectful because people miss Melee, you just haven't experienced the wonders of it lol. All you have experienced is this easy game, so of course you protect it. Just pick up Melee and you'll see you will never be able to put it down.

BTW: Im not signaling Afro and Gingerr out, so dont get the wrong idea guys
and i wanna play Afro's DDD
thank you :)

lol are you the one that was yelling at that girl you were teaming with (marin i think?) during our teams match? poor girl you were practically making fun of her mid match.
LOL so truuu, but we are known for that thou. thanks for noticing
i hope he doesn't do it next time. :p

Zoro

Smash Champion
lol no you were making fun of us the whole match get over yourself
i love how you honestly judge our skill based on that match
We have teamed for like years thats how i communicate with her everyone knows that

and i wont quit brawl lol
too many cool people play it

plus i wanna own people that started competitively 2 weeks ago and think they are the **** at a noob *** game lol.

so sorry for you but ima be around
always sayin melee is better

Thats really my only motivation

I love Rx

Queen i cant go like i said in the other topic
I got a family reunion but i wanted to go really bad

Zoro

Smash Champion
You guys shouldn't be disrepectful because people miss Melee, you just haven't experienced the wonders of it lol. All you have experienced is this easy game, so of course you protect it. Just pick up Melee and you'll see you will never be able to put it down.
btw this is sooooooo true

garbanzo picked melee up last week and he ****in loooovees it
At xyzs he played melee with us for like 10 hours straight

anyway u all know whats what so i wont bring it back up again lol

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Everyone says things like this because they have never picked up Melee. I have spent 2 years on it, and learned everything that could. That game was challenging and fun, the community was great too. So what if we complain of course we Melee players are going to. After all: WE SAW THE BEST GAME EVER DIE!! not saying that Brawl is bad, i ****ing love this game too. You guys shouldn't be disrepectful because people miss Melee, you just haven't experienced the wonders of it lol. All you have experienced is this easy game, so of course you protect it. Just pick up Melee and you'll see you will never be able to put it down.

BTW: Im not signaling Afro and Gingerr out, so dont get the wrong idea guys
and i wanna play Afro's DDD
thank you :)

LOL so truuu, but we are known for that thou. thanks for noticing
i hope he doesn't do it next time. :p
I dont main DDD anymore, you can fight my snake or diddy though lawl
$5 MM

EDIT:
And i did play melee, for more then 2 years, i just get tired of hearing MELEE > BRAWL, its a old concept and everyone agrees.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
lol no you were making fun of us the whole match get over yourself
i love how you honestly judge our skill based on that match
We have teamed for like years thats how i communicate with her everyone knows that

and i wont quit brawl lol
too many cool people play it

plus i wanna own people that started competitively 2 weeks ago and think they are the **** at a noob *** game lol.
so sorry for you but ima be around
always sayin melee is better

Thats really my only motivation

I love Rx

Queen i cant go like i said in the other topic
I got a family reunion but i wanted to go really bad

I hope you dont mean me, cuz i guarentee you will not come close to beating me.

Finch

Smash Lord
Don't defend brawl over melee. Brawl is a good game and a lot of people like it but no one who played melee for real thinks brawl is in any way better. Also don't call it an old concept that ****ed up. I've seen at least one melee setup at every brawl tournament I've gone to, except HK because they were *****es.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'll try to be at this one. I wanna see if I'm any good.

Anyone actually meet up any more in the Orlando area? Interweb crap is cool, but I still prefer playing people actually around me, lag free and just more fun in general.

Equi

Smash Ace
i would go to the melee tournament but i'm still in 'brawl mode atm.' Brawl's the one game I want to advance in, and people claim you can't advance anymore at Brawl, but I disagree, players like Azen, DSF and others consistently win tournaments now. There is depth and it is there, though melee is obviously better but I'm not gonna jump into that subject.

I like Brawl, not more, but I like it for what it has to offer. It's simplistic mindgames.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
brawl, is II good

Melee is III good.

thats the way it should be.

Melee should be loved like a first born.

and Brawl should be loved like an adopted child of another race. the kid in time grows on you. :laugh:

Zoro

Smash Champion
i would go to the melee tournament but i'm still in 'brawl mode atm.' Brawl's the one game I want to advance in, and people claim you can't advance anymore at Brawl, but I disagree, players like Azen, DSF and others consistently win tournaments now. There is depth and it is there, though melee is obviously better but I'm not gonna jump into that subject.

I like Brawl, not more, but I like it for what it has to offer. It's simplistic mindgames.
They are better because they play melee
they know what people are gonna do

Thats how i play in brawl
i pick ganon and i predict the **** outta you
Something you learn in melee but dont really need in brawl if you play a gay *** char

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Don't defend brawl over melee. Brawl is a good game and a lot of people like it but no one who played melee for real thinks brawl is in any way better. Also don't call it an old concept that ****ed up. I've seen at least one melee setup at every brawl tournament I've gone to, except HK because they were *****es.
You COMPLETELY missed the point.
The Concept is that melee is better then brawl, and im AGREEING.
What you and Marin failed to comprehend was that im tired (and im sure others are to) of hearing/reading it. We all know, we dont need to be reminded. No one disagrees, i've never heard/read of anyone disagreeing.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think it's a matter of opinion more than anything. There is no real standard of measure for a game... it's like saying pink is better than dark red, similar base yes... but in the end... who the hell cares, hahaha.

I like brawl more than melee personally, but while I was big into competitive play I sucked, hahaha. Don't get me wrond I've beaten more than a fair share of people but I'm no where near technical enough to beat people consitently in that game, it's too fast for my remedial little brain. Brawl is more my speed, it's more about prediction instead of reaction, thats why I like it.

*Shrugs*

Gingerr

Smash Lord
We're having that "is it a fighting game or a party game?" discussion right now, in a sense. In that case, the game is whatever you make it, and you play it however you want, and the same thing goes for the whole Brawl/Melee discussion. Most of all, I'm tired of seeing you guys jump all over my boy AFRO THUNDAHHHH just because he's putting a valid point out there. I've been hearing that Melee is better ever since the first day this **** game came out, and not even from forums, from my ****ing LIVEJOURNAL. All day long people ***** and moan about it, and really guys, seriously, we get it, for real. No, I didn't play it so I don't "understand" I guess (sorry getting shined by Fox's all day long doesn't do it for me), but there are plenty of Nexus crew people that did, hell, ALL of Nexus crew's big names did; my boyfriend, Sighrax, Sly, and then some. All played it, and none of them cry about it. They don't even bring it up, because the games are different but the same.

It's just that people have had this argument for SO long already, and the game hasn't even been out that long. I feel like now, when people say something like "Melee > Brawl", it's like saying the sky is blue. We got it. No ****. Let's move on.

Like Marin, I'm not specifically referring to or bashing anyones opinion with this post, but come on guys, it's a safe assumption that we're focusing on Brawl now if we're even posting in the thread for a Brawl tournament, so let's do that, shall we :)

p.s. I'm still gonna win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom