• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/02/09 GIGABITS - MAY I have a Melee

Finch

Smash Lord
Everytime I watch a hozart match I learn something new. I wish there were more good IC mains around. Fox players have it easy :/

This tournament was awesome. I own foxes except garbonzo lol. I really really wish I had stayed longer because there were SO MANY people here I wanted to play. GOOD **** EVERYONE WHO CAME BECAUSE THIS GIGS WAS HUGE AND AMAZING.

Derf - you are too too ****. GGs really
Smilez - I beat you! I know you have matchup johns, fox vs ICs is really bad if you don't know the matchup, but it's a really good measure of how much I've improved since that tournament and I was really happy about it.
Laijin - LOLOLOL don't taunt with YL EVER
Legion - Good games. Your peach is nasty. I don't apologize for chaingrabbing you.
DashDanceDan - You embarrassed me. Good ****
Garbonzo - yes it sucks we had to play, but that first match was the most fun one I played at the tournament. I was completely on fire and we went so even. The second match I got nervous and wasn't playing smart and you ***** me. Good stuff buddy!
SMASHMAC - You were here and you talked to me! lol It was good to see you again man. Get your brothers to come next time.

The rest of you aren't important. I'll see everybody at Florida Gaming!

Raistlin

Smash Lord
This was an awesome tournament! I don't recall making it to any sort of finals except once a long time ago, and then me and Gabe got all the way to Grand Finals! It's nice to go away with a profit for once, lol.

Can't wait for Florida Gaming!

Life After Death

Smash Champion
good tourney reminds me of the olden days for real. only thing this tourney lacked was tvs. i didnt get friendlies with the people i wanted like colin queen and hbox and people who wanted to play coudlnt play me cuz of lack of tvs hopefully at fl gaming i get to play the people i want and the other new players that wanted to play me.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Good Shiz to everyone that went to this. This tourney was a lot of fun.

-Shutouts: Literally everyone. I kinda feel like this was my coming out party. I've been trolling on boards for a while and it was nice to finally be able to put faces to names. To the smashers I've met before it was nice seeing you guys again and I look forward to playing you again soon.

Blood Samus

Smash Rookie
1st tourney i went to ..long story short. i got *****..But It was mad fun to see a lot of people together playng melee caint wait til the next 1

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
i had a good time. good matches, everyone. thanks to box for the pizza.

it was good to see and play a lot of the old school guys like hozart, the law, and synikal

also, i enjoyed the variety of characters i saw in this tournament and everyone's high skill level.

edit: thanks raph for the e-support

thanks to josh for teaming. sorry to see you lost your stuff
Anytime man. You will always be beastly even if you think you're rusty. Just work at not jumping from the ledge hahaha. Hopefully that didn't plague you at this tournament.

It's crazy that all the old smashers are coming back. It's as if melee really is coming back as well.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament.

Some quick shout outs

Spider Sense- Nasty Ganon man can't wait to play you again
PB&J- Your Fox and ICs are really good. Thanks for all the tips man
Harriet- Your Fox and Falcon are both ****. nice friendlies here and at Hungry's
Sheermadness- Your Falco is so dam good man
Chops- Good **** on third man, your Falco is such a beast
Anyone else that I missed- GGs to everyone :)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. I've been coming to these tournaments for over the past year now(although I took a look absence in between..still) and I can still barely name ANYONE.
I can literally only a small handful of people at tournaments and those are the ones I talk to the most frequently. I don't what it is. I mean all of you seem really friendly, so thats not the problem. Whenever I show up to ANY FL tourney, I still feel like I'm sorta from OOS because I barely know anyone.
I just remember going to my first few GA tournaments and I can already name everyone by name and face because well..thats just how things were(unless they were new).
Someone point out the problem here. :O

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
Man. I've been coming to these tournaments for over the past year now(although I took a look absence in between..still) and I can still barely name ANYONE.
I can literally only a small handful of people at tournaments and those are the ones I talk to the most frequently. I don't what it is. I mean all of you seem really friendly, so thats not the problem. Whenever I show up to ANY FL tourney, I still feel like I'm sorta from OOS because I barely know anyone.
I just remember going to my first few GA tournaments and I can already name everyone by name and face because well..thats just how things were(unless they were new).
Someone point out the problem here. :O
well i could introduce myself

my name is sean, aka w0nderbread, and im raw as ****

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i recorded some stuff but some got over writed..im uploading some now
truuu dat, i wanna see my set vs u, good games by the way, im glad i got to use my zelda since ive never had the balls to do so in a tourney match, i still got owned in that match but it was def a step forward...

PB&J

Smash Hero
well i think i overwrited that match,railstin vs seibirik, and cornel vs chops, sorry guys but i have everything else..vids uploading soon

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yooooooo,

this tourney was mad fun!!!!!!

I LOVE TEAMING WITH LEGION!!!! she's nasty!!!!!!11 im disappointed in how we got knocked out way too early. i know we could have done a lot better. but we're gonna **** at FG!

i wasn't doing too bad in singles. i almost got my first tourney set win against queen. but ofcourse that didnt happen. went to 3rd game though ^_^ !!!!

HARRIET THE GUY IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. I'VE NEVER BEATEN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE MUST ATTEND FLORIDA GAMING. IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!!!!!!!

-hiro

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
yooooooo,

this tourney was mad fun!!!!!!

I LOVE TEAMING WITH LEGION!!!! she's nasty!!!!!!11 im disappointed in how we got knocked out way too early. i know we could have done a lot better. but we're gonna **** at FG!

i wasn't doing too bad in singles. i almost got my first tourney set win against queen. but ofcourse that didnt happen. went to 3rd game though ^_^ !!!!

HARRIET THE GUY IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. I'VE NEVER BEATEN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE MUST ATTEND FLORIDA GAMING. IS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!!!!!!!

-hiro
Josh is REALLY good when he's not SDing or playing on the ledge. :laugh:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lets see, Im not doing "shoutouts" per say, cause I'm too **** lazy, ima just hit some highlights, random janks, etc.

First off, I heard there was some talk about the "most technical person in fl" Some people were talkin bout DSW himself, and then some synikal. You people are crazy. Definitely forgot Bossmagnet. Holy crap. Happy feet? Pfft, more like Happy face! Woman spams cookies all day long and they never miss. Too goooooooood. And then her grab range is so broke. She just kinda flings a grab out there and people wind up in her arms. You cant escape. And then she just camps her room and people look across the stage like "Man, I gotta approach. :|" She sooooooooooo broken.

With that being said, Rx and QDVS are pretty awesome for putting upwith my shenanigans (really, my lack of. I was pretty tired the whole weekend.)

And then just going back to gigs in the first time in a year was pretty top tier. Wish I'da thought to walk to that comic shop; although I miss the anime shop. :( I'm still bent over that.

Maybe I shoulda entered? Who knows? Who careS? I dont. I had fun. I got some info i needed. I straight up doc pillared some people and they didnt even notice. >: )

Yeah, speaking of me. This was a really "me" centered weekend, so my bad if I got on somebody's nerves. Last week really blew and I was about to start tossin sh*t for real.

BUT THIS AINT ABOUT ME, THIS IS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

Like DashDanceDan. Man's pretty beast for pickin me up and drivin me down to gigs. Pretty ballaholic. Especially havin to put up with 4 ni**as in the car. Thank you good sir.

Uuuuuuuuuuuum. For all the innocent people who played a kirby, blame hungrybox. :D I had no intention of playing kirby at all, but a brave man challenged Freedom. I guess you can do that when you go winning tourneys. GJ Famished Container.

Teams? I dont even know what happened with that. I dunno how DDD goin Bowser = the pain being brought on people, but it is what it is. Golden.

Pb&J:
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHn-KrQjG-E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHn-KrQjG-E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
HURRY UP NI**A BEFORE YOU DROP DEUCE ON YOSELF. XD

And last, but not least. To the car (DDD, PB&J, Jay, and C).
I'm bout to go clean my room.
GOTTA GET THE ROOM CLEANIN MUSIC

XD

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Harriettheguy is too good for me.... haha

And of course, good **** DarkSonic and Raistlin for kicking SO MUCH *** in teams. Congrats guys!

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Glad I came to this tournament even though I was by myself. I got ****ed in tournament losing to Shiek in winners and losers lol, I just suck and now I know I need to practice a lot more. It was fun playing everyone, especially Garbanzo, AT&T, and Afro. Looking forward to FG

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I DONT CARE..............IM FVCKING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYUHZ!!!!

I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY SYNIKAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYUHZ!!!!!!!!!!

IIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE MELEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-hiro
how did you do against synikal? Is he really really good?

Top Bottom