• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V3 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Samus has a potent neutral, but it walks a fine line and in some MUs is pretty fragile. Samus is her best when she's keeping you at midrange; her midrange game is borderline suffocating and very few if any characters can compete with her at that range, and CS is ridic in this game so charging that is good too.

Samus's "problem" lies in how her neutral requires so much space -- the double edged sword of having a midrange game as good as she does [and the mark of a well designed character, in contrast to popular belief] -- her neutral game requires sequences like: space backwards - input move - space back - input move and if this continues without the Samus finding an opening then she will be at the ledge (without roll as an option) and in a disadvantage. The reason why this plan works in the first place is that Samus was blessed with one of the best burst options in the game which serves as a total mixup to "create space" - but other parts of her neutral must succeed first before the opponent is going to be conditioned to get hit by dash attack (or dash grab).

Against big framed characters or slow characters, Samus's neutral is solid. Zair is murderous against big characters and slow characters are the easiest to trap into a midrange game. The best illustration of where neutral becomes fragile is in the Fox MU, where "space back" tells the Fox to "close space" and a bad sh zair by Samus can easily turn into a dash attack for the Fox (it's somewhat ironic how the two characters who contest Samus in terms of how good their dash attacks are - the the other being MK - use them so well against Samus).

The funny thing about the Fox MU is that while Fox can sneak underneath a sh zair the easiest of the cast, Samus's zair on hit is destructive against him past mid percents because it'll force a tech chase with a very narrow window to avoid the CS followup. Samus does have somewhat of a hole in her neutral in her ability to cover fullhop approaches (she can pretty much only do this with fh fair) so characters like Fox and Bayo benefit from that (and Bayo doesn't give a **** about fh fair).

But while Samus in some MUs is walking a fine line in neutral, the reason she can make most any MU work is her reward on hit. I've toyed with the idea for a little over a year now that Samus has one of the best advantage states in this game. The problem with that is that there's no real way to rank something like advantage state when it's so multifaceted -- but, she has high damage combos, landing coverage and juggling [with the beautiful move that is uair], powerful tech chases at all percent ranges, the ability to release CS at any point when the opponent is in disadvantage--the best chargeable projectile for killing--and strong ledge/edge guarding made better by how she can work in tandem with a ~40 frame active hitbox (bomb)--esam has called it one of the best advantage states--but it's hard to rank advantage states and Samus doesn't have a straightup kill confirm from grab or anything like that. Regardless, if/when Samus finds an opening in neutral, she will capitalize (unless you're Esam and you suck) and a well optimized Samus needs very few (2-4) neutral wins to get the opponent to kill percent.

Btw, I've always maintained that Esam's Samus sucks and is bad for the character because the only exposure people get to the character on stream is coming from him, but he won combo breaker with her and beat Ally so idk if I can say that anymore. It's looking like Salem is going to start using her more, though.

A couple of other things:
-Samus's jab is really good past percents where jab 1 is unsafe on hit. Jab 1 has disproportionately low FAF for its range and comes out f3, it's like a low lag low reward interrupting move with ftilt range. Jab combo does 11% and tech chases into CS with a very tight window for escape right at the percents where it starts comboing, and jab 1 forces tech chases at high percents as well. Falling uair to jab 1 to fsmash is an underused kill confirm.
-it's mu dependent, but bomb drop > weave > falling uair on top of bomb is a good landing option that only runs into trouble with characters that can intercept bomb startup with a move (like Cloud uair).

Edit: also, why the hell do some people come to Smashboards just to whine about Smashboards and then when that isn't enough go to twitter to whine some more about Smashboards and how they're "done with it" even though they're regular visitors? This is beyond annoying, find something better to do.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
What makes Esam's Samus bad, and who in particular is whining about Smashboards?
Quite a lot of people complain. Kurogane does it somtimes, Mr. R and ZeRo have recently talked a bunch about Smashboards and Reddit.
I've never seen people complaining about Smashboards here at the site, though. Just outside (discord, twitter, whatever)
Also, Samus mains complaining about ESAM's Samus is actually not new. I actually know a few that don't like him. I was never properly explained why, though.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Quite a lot of people complain. Kurogane does it somtimes, Mr. R and ZeRo have recently talked a bunch about Smashboards and Reddit.
I've never seen people complaining about Smashboards here at the site, though. Just outside (discord, twitter, whatever)

I'm pretty sure that that comment was directed at you and your comments on twitter.

People who call smashboards an echo chamber really astound me. This thread is full of diverse perspectives, even among the posters who are really passionate about theory. If you put the really passionate theorycrafters in a room for several hours to make a tier list they'd come out with bloody faces and no progress made. Maybe they'd agree that Bayonetta is good, maybe not even that.

And God knows the BR can't agree on things.

It's pretty great when people are unafraid of disagreement and commit to having a passionate debate. Too many people are too scared of sensitive topics to actually discuss things.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I'm pretty sure that that comment was directed at you and your comments on twitter.
Knew full well it was, to be honest. I am not denying for a second I am vocal about my opinions on this place.

The fact so many people from outside (and some from inside, too) look to at this place so negatively is a fact, though - I just happen to be one of them.

I come here to talk about Marcina whenever it's a relevant subject and whenever I feel like I need to add something - otherwise, this place goes in circles way too much.

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935

People who call smashboards an echo chamber really astound me. This thread is full of diverse perspectives, even among the posters who are really passionate about theory. If you put the really passionate theorycrafters in a room for several hours to make a tier list they'd come out with bloody faces and no progress made. Maybe they'd agree that Bayonetta is good, maybe not even that.

And God knows the BR can't agree on things.

It's pretty great when people are unafraid of disagreement and commit to having a passionate debate. Too many people are too scared of sensitive topics to actually discuss things.
What if that person has an unpopular opinion to argue? For proof on this, go way back to discussions on Marcina and Corrin on this thread (or nearly any r/smashbros thread that brings the characters up).

|RK|

Smash Marketer
What if that person has an unpopular opinion to argue? For proof on this, go way back to discussions on Marcina and Corrin on this thread (or nearly any r/smashbros thread that brings the characters up).
I agree that sometimes people are really stuck with their opinions... But I've never had an issue with having a differing opinion here. Whether that's my belief Lucario is top tier, that Kirby still has a lot of potential, or that Lucina is top tier (this being more accepted recently).

irokex13

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Irokex21
I don't think it's so much of "people are too scared to debate" rather than a "why should I listen to players who are worse than me?". Sure, we can say everyone has an opinion, but when we've established that there are posters here who don't even go to tournaments, it's gets a little hard to convince top players that what we have to say is valuable or relevant. Then you add that in with comments like "Esam's Samus sucks" or "Mr.R/ZeRo are whiners who hate rage" and it really starts to make sense why a top player would dislike it here.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Okay this thread is supposed to discuss the tier list. Granted the conversation is bound to stray a bit but the reason I didn't respond was because we don't need to be throwing shade around to people who have issues with this thread.

I discussed earlier how this thread was wrong about Lucina and the proof is in the pudding now. I was polite about it (yes, polite. Don't see that everyday here). I don't know how many of the people here talk about Smash anywhere else, but this thread views eveything differently. It's a step up from Youtube comments and about even with Reddit in terms of how people are treated. There's a reason there are only a few active people here yet Discord thrives and we get 70+ people every week at my local. Smashboards isn't for everyone and people can talk about it freely elsewhere like on Twitter.

Smashboards doesn't have the answer to everything, nor does posting weekly results here prove a point. My local scene has treated me with nothing but respect and I am a valued member of the Marcina Discord (where I am also treated with respect). Here, all kinds of things were said about me, my main, and anyone who plays my main. Trust me, there's plenty of things to laugh about concerning Smashboards; be thankful we keep it off Smashboards (for the most part).

Why do we return here? Good question with a lot of half-answers that's best kept for a different day and a different place; that's not what this thread is meant for. This thread is supposed to be constructive and about the tier list and what characters may shift, ect.

Samus. Let's return to that, that sounds constructive and not demeaning to anyone.

Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
but when we've established that there are posters here who don't even go to tournaments,
Yeah, I fit into that category, i'm way too cheap and am stuck in Michigan in an area not even remotely close to any local tourney sites. I get by on online fighting, i'm now exclusively playing pokken tournament.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Okay this thread is supposed to discuss the tier list. Granted the conversation is bound to stray a bit but the reason I didn't respond was because we don't need to be throwing shade around to people who have issues with this thread.

I discussed earlier how this thread was wrong about Lucina and the proof is in the pudding now. I was polite about it (yes, polite. Don't see that everyday here). I don't know how many of the people here talk about Smash anywhere else, but this thread views eveything differently. It's a step up from Youtube comments and about even with Reddit in terms of how people are treated. There's a reason there are only a few active people here yet Discord thrives and we get 70+ people every week at my local. Smashboards isn't for everyone and people can talk about it freely elsewhere like on Twitter.

Smashboards doesn't have the answer to everything, nor does posting weekly results here prove a point. My local scene has treated me with nothing but respect and I am a valued member of the Marcina Discord (where I am also treated with respect). Here, all kinds of things were said about me, my main, and anyone who plays my main. Trust me, there's plenty of things to laugh about concerning Smashboards; be thankful we keep it off Smashboards (for the most part).

Why do we return here? Good question with a lot of half-answers that's best kept for a different day and a different place; that's not what this thread is meant for. This thread is supposed to be constructive and about the tier list and what characters may shift, ect.

Samus. Let's return to that, that sounds constructive and not demeaning to anyone.
Although the ongoing smash n splash reinforces a lot of what I've been saying about Lucina via Mr. E (yeah I can see the counterargument that Mr. E doesn't know what he's doing with Lucina etc., that's the default argument of anyone defending any character ever; point still stands), I've admitted that I've been wrong about Lucina to some extent before, and I think Shaya and others have done the same.

I think half the problem, though, is that opinions about Lucina are taken so personally. I don't understand at all. To me it just feels like the Lucina players who get so upset are being a little too sensitive over something that has no reflection on them personally.

I'm not trying to attack anyone when I say that Lucina is worse than Marth. Your character is not you. Saying that Marth is a better character and that Lucina is a worse Marth shouldn't be taken as demeaning at all. No one is undermining the effort that you guys put into your character. Or at least, I haven't seen that happen here in this thread.

You make some fair points about pockets of smashboards at least, I'll give you that and apologize if I've come across as abrasive before. I don't mean to be. I take discussion seriously and I believe that what intelligent people in discussion deserve isn't sensitivity but an earnest, equally intelligent response made in good faith of the objectivity of the subject.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I don't think it's so much of "people are too scared to debate" rather than a "why should I listen to players who are worse than me?". Sure, we can say everyone has an opinion, but when we've established that there are posters here who don't even go to tournaments, it's gets a little hard to convince top players that what we have to say is valuable or relevant. Then you add that in with comments like "Esam's Samus sucks" or "Mr.R/ZeRo are whiners who hate rage" and it really starts to make sense why a top player would dislike it here.
That's the point of discussion, though. You can learn a lot whether someone is right or wrong. And you also don't have to be really good at the game to know about it. Take, for example, some coaches. Absolutely brilliant without having to be better than even randoms. It's always good to have people come together and discuss, because you can learn from their experiences. Top players aren't infallible either, and have widely varying opinions themselves.

The discussion is totally worth it. The only thing I would change is perhaps negatively calling out some top players - e.g. "this player isn't really that good," "this player is carried by their character," etc. If everything is phrased respectfully, then there should be no complaints about how and what we choose to discuss.

Example - as a ZeRo fan, I still love the idea of discussing what characters match his style. That's not a call for him to do what we say - it's a discussion that helps everyone here learn. Whether that's how to characterize certain playstyles, how to recognize little discrepancies between what a player wants to do and what their character wants, etc.

That should all be well on the table, IMO.

Rizen

Smash Legend
People have to remember Marth and Lucina were genuinely bad before getting buffed. This happens to every low tier who is buffed, Bowser, Shulk, Samus, Link. It takes some showing for people to recognize they're not total garbage anymore. It's also fair to expect requiring proof when making outlandish claims like Link should be higher for example. I was saying he's mid tier for a long time, since his buffs, but some people were also going too far and saying things like he has +2 vs Sheik and Bayo. Being skeptical is not a bad thing. As the meta progressing these things get sorted out.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Example - as a ZeRo fan, I still love the idea of discussing what characters match his style. That's not a call for him to do what we say - it's a discussion that helps everyone here learn. Whether that's how to characterize certain playstyles, how to recognize little discrepancies between what a player wants to do and what their character wants, etc.
We actually ended up talking about this on twitter, if you still remember.
This is interesting discussion to have, but the way a lot of the replies were phrased here actually made gave the impression people were trying to sound like they're more knowledgeable about ZeRo than ZeRo himself. ("Too stubborn not to switch to X character").
That's actually a problem around here: A lot here is said as absolutes or in a way that can be very easily interepreted as rude by some.
If I were to give my opinion about who ZeRo probably could use, it could be Mario, actually, since he said he doesn't like Cloud, and how Mario is a character that shows how good a player's fundamentals are (which ZeRo's are amazing).

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Although the ongoing smash n splash reinforces a lot of what I've been saying about Lucina via Mr. E (yeah I can see the counterargument that Mr. E doesn't know what he's doing with Lucina etc., that's the default argument of anyone defending any character ever; point still stands), I've admitted that I've been wrong about Lucina to some extent before, and I think Shaya and others have done the same.

I think half the problem, though, is that opinions about Lucina are taken so personally. I don't understand at all. To me it just feels like the Lucina players who get so upset are being a little too sensitive over something that has no reflection on them personally.

I'm not trying to attack anyone when I say that Lucina is worse than Marth. Your character is not you. Saying that Marth is a better character and that Lucina is a worse Marth shouldn't be taken as demeaning at all. No one is undermining the effort that you guys put into your character. Or at least, I haven't seen that happen here in this thread.

You make some fair points about pockets of smashboards at least, I'll give you that and apologize if I've come across as abrasive before. I don't mean to be. I take discussion seriously and I believe that what intelligent people in discussion deserve isn't sensitivity but an earnest, equally intelligent response made in good faith of the objectivity of the subject.
I can't think of anything you specifically have done, but I could point fingers and name names (which I won't) and identify those pockets of people who are truly demeaning.

You also make some good points; it's a two way street. Part is the pure demeaning stuff that gets said here and some is on the player who takes it personally, ect. As a Lucina, I think a lot of it boils down to frustration. You're told your character is low tier for two years and miles behind Marth when you know she offers just as much or that tipper is an honest tradeoff. Things have gotten much better but everywhere a Lucina went for years has been a minefield of misinformation, memes, and bashing. Us, as Lucina mains, need to weed though what is part of a year old outdated mindset and what is an informed opinion from a level headed person who has seen or understands both perspectives.

Marcina Discord fits into the second category of people; they know what Marth can do and they know what Lucina can do and have experience, so I can take them seriously. When you go from Marcina land to Smashboards, you mix in some people who don't know your character and adopted bandwagoned misinformation and who aren't bound by the more strict rules in a Discord server. Things get heated about our character and we don't even know who we're dealing with.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
I can't think of anything you specifically have done, but I could point fingers and name names (which I won't) and identify those pockets of people who are truly demeaning.

You also make some good points; it's a two way street. Part is the pure demeaning stuff that gets said here and some is on the player who takes it personally, ect. As a Lucina, I think a lot of it boils down to frustration. You're told your character is low tier for two years and miles behind Marth when you know she offers just as much or that tipper is an honest tradeoff. Things have gotten much better but everywhere a Lucina went for years has been a minefield of misinformation, memes, and bashera. Us, as Lucina mains, need to weed though what is part of a year old outdated mindset and what is an informed opinion from a level headed person who has seen or understands both perspectives.

I get this. I've played Pikachu for years and the amount of misinformation, memes, and outright dumb opinions about Pikachu not only on smashboards, but on twitter, facebook, even from top players themselves is overwhelming. But, I don't let it affect me. It's just pixels on a screen. People aren't obligated to know what I know or feel how I feel. What I can do about it, however, is try to counter with my own logic and evidence, in places where people are willing to listen.

Ignorance is a widespread affliction. Bring a level head, reason, an open mind, and resolve and it won't frustrate you.

I know this isn't on topic, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
Marcina Discord fits into the second category of people; they know what Marth can do and they know what Lucina can do and have experience, so I can take them seriously. When you go from Marcina land to Smashboards, you mix in some people who don't know your character and adopted bandwagoned misinformation and who aren't bound by the more strict rules in a Discord server. Things get heated about our character and we don't even know who we're dealing with.
Now how would Reddit fit into this?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity

Atleast from what I've watched of Mr. E playing Lucina this tournament, whenever things weren't working for his Lucina, it was mostly just the way he was playing. In fact, every time he felt she was not working, he'd even switch to Marth (which he does understand quite a fair bit more, to be honest) and it still wouldn't work. I think it's safe to say that what's happening here isn't really the fault of the character, and more that it's just him getting outplayed. That's what I've been seeing a lot of.

I will say this - I speak for a lot of Lucina players when I say that we tend to be very passionate about our characters, and not even passionate as just "very dedicated", I mean passionate as a lot of us legit hold a lot of love for the character Lucina herself. Not just that, but it just so happens that quite a few of us end up coming of a background with people bullying/demeaning us in places like local scenes, discords or some sites. If you really go deep into the Lucina community, you're gonna find that a lot of us have felt for a long time that Lucina is a very marginalized character.
Like, me for example: I once beat a guy at a tournament with my Lucina 3-0 against his Marth, and he actually proceeded to have a massive meltdown because he couldn't accept that he lost to "a Lucina" (yes, he made it pretty clear he was upset due to me playing Lucina).
I laughed it off, but I laughed at it so I wouldn't cry: Why is it that some people see it as "shameful" to lose to Lucina? And to an extent as big as that? That guy wasn't the only example of somebody who did something like this. This happens to quite a few more characters, but it's not the act itself that irritates us, and yes the implications behind the actions.

Ultimately it's why a lot of us tend to be so defensive of our character. We sometimes take comments like those a bit personally because that's how close we feel to our character.
I personally really don't think Marth is better than Lucina, but I've given my reasons as to why, before. But then we get to the issue that a lot of people here feel that Marcina discussion is not productive and handled impolitely, and even ask for it to be banned. That's why quite a few think this place can be unpleasant.

Rizen

Smash Legend
but I could point fingers and name names (which I won't) and identify those pockets of people who are truly demeaning.

You're told your character is low tier for two years
Do it and get it over with. Everyone's tired of hearing how these people that somehow matter have been so wrong to the point you guys bring it up constantly.

Lucina and Marth were low tier 2 years ago. Patches happened.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Samus has what matters most.

Burst zone conversions and a strong OoS option to offset pressure on her shield.

Zair? It converts. Sh Fair? It converts. Sh Uair? It converts. Grab? It converts. Dash attack? Converting all over your sorry ass.

Hitting that shield up close? Eat this screw attack my good man.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Also, I'd still like to hear why so many Samus mains don't like ESAM's. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I don't understand Samus enough to know why it'd be bad or good.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I kinda want to talk about ZeRo vs Ally at Smash and Smash 3 (I know there's a thread for it, but this feels meta-relevant). It looks like ZeRo isn't using Lucina for this MU anymore. He's trying to go for the Diddy now, but more importantly, it looks like he's actually using banana more. That's interesting because he usually claims that banana is bad against Mario, usually because of cape. But I think he's starting to recognize it's value. One thing Coney mentioned is that Ally tries to get rid of the banana immediately because he's unable to perform any usmashes or anything with it.

So I'm wondering if ZeRo no longer fears the cape, and is trying to use the peel in order to limit Ally's options from the other end.

In addition, from trying to take a bit from Ally's play, I recognize that he gets a lot of these raw fsmashes and usmashes because he recognizes Diddy's confirms will come from the non-disjointed dtilt. As a result, he can catch him coming in more often with the invincible usmash. Really, anything he does other than coming in with shield can be punished, and he really doesn't want to get grabbed either.

ZeRo seems to be doing a little better when he can hold a lead, because then he doesn't have to fear these usmashes as much. Something like that.

EDIT: AND ZERO TAKES SMASH N' SPLASH 3!

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Seriously I swear everytime some top player wants to drop their main for something else they win a major tournament (Dabuz, Zero). Who's next Ally?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Seriously I swear everytime some top player wants to drop their main for something else they win a major tournament (Dabuz, Zero). Who's next Ally?
By this point if I was a top player I would just purposly complain about how much my main sucks and how much I hate him just so that I could win my next tournament

|RK|

Smash Marketer
ANTi didn't quite win a major tournament with Mario, but his Mario has been doing better since he claimed he was dropping him for Sheik. Maybe players just need a little bit of a mindset refresh sometimes *shrug*.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
ANTi didn't quite win a major tournament with Mario, but his Mario has been doing better since he claimed he was dropping him for Sheik. Maybe players just need a little bit of a mindset refresh sometimes *shrug*.
Funny thing is, while you were saying that anti lost to m2k.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Funny thing is, while you were saying that anti lost to m2k.
Yeah, I know. But 5th isn't bad - only outplaced by Leo, VoiD, Abadango, and M2K. Not a bad group of people. Incidentally, M2K was playing super well this tournament. And it was game 5!

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Smash N' Splash 3 (444 Entrants) (Midwest?)

1st: ZeRo :4diddy: :4lucina:
2nd: Ally :4mario:
3rd: Larry Lurr :4fox:
4th: Tweek :4cloud2:
5th: ESAM :4pikachu:
5th: Mr. R :4sheik:
7th: Mr. E :4marth:
7th: MVD :4diddy:
9th: Tyroy :4bayonetta2: :4corrinf:
9th: Blacktwins :4cloud2:
9th: Shoyo James :4diddy: :4luigi:
9th: DarkShad :4ryu:
13th: JJROCKETS :4diddy:
13th: Sheen :4lucina: :4sheik:
13th: Dan :4mario: :rosalina:
13th: Jimmy :4cloud2:
17th: The Great Gonzales :4ness:
17th: Biddy :4tlink:
17th: Slenderman :4link:
17th: Panda Bair :4villager:
17th: big_mak :4sheik:
17th: StarbasedFruit :4luigi:
17th: Seth :4yoshi:
17th: Shel :4ryu:
25th: Ravenking :4myfriends:
25th: Marshall :4diddy:
25th: 8BitMan :4rob: :4diddy:
25th: Hotdogknight! :4bayonetta2:
25th: Lunchables :4feroy:
25th: NameLess :4diddy: :4sheik:
25th: Zoan :4mewtwo:
25th: Skillager :4villager:

Battle of BC 2 (246 Entrants) (BC)

1st: MKLeo :4cloud2:
2nd: Abadango :4mewtwo: :4metaknight:
3rd: VoiD :4sheik:
4th: Mew2King :4cloud2:
5th: ANTi :4mario: :4zss:
5th: Exodia :4zss:
7th: KOSSismoss :4gaw:
7th: Big D :4mario: :4falcon:
9th: Konga :4dk:
9th: Captain L :4pikachu:
9th: Falln :rosalina:
9th: Locus :4ryu:
13th: Nurse :4dk: :4luigi:
13th: Shoghi :4feroy: :4marth:
13th: Ashley :4ness:
13th: Len :4pit:
17th: SpamCop :4mario:
17th: Strike :4fox: :4sheik:
17th: aMac :4bowserjr:
17th: TrueMain :4sonic:
17th: 2ManyCooks :4mario:
17th: MD :4sonic:
17th: GetShulked :4shulk:
17th: Alphicans :4littlemac:
25th: BlackDynoWright :4littlemac:
25th: Locke :4megaman:
25th: Jams :4rob:
25th: Legit247 :4diddy: :4dk:
25th: Mono :4bowserjr:
25th: Asa :4corrinf:
25th: Espeon•CH :4link:
25th: Angis :4charizard:

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Smash N' Splash 3 (444 Entrants) (Midwest?)

1st: ZeRo :4diddy: :4lucina:
2nd: Ally :4mario:
3rd: Larry Lurr :4fox:
4th: Tweek :4cloud2:
5th: ESAM :4pikachu:
5th: Mr. R :4sheik:
7th: Mr. E :4marth:
7th: MVD :4diddy:
9th: Tyroy :4bayonetta2: :4corrinf:
9th: Blacktwins :4cloud2:
9th: Shoyo James :4diddy: :4luigi:
9th: DarkShad :4ryu:
13th: JJROCKETS :4diddy:
13th: Sheen :4lucina: :4sheik:
13th: Dan :4mario: :rosalina:
13th: Jimmy :4cloud2:
17th: The Great Gonzales :4ness:
17th: Biddy :4tlink:
17th: Slenderman :4link:
17th: Panda Bair :4villager:
17th: big_mak :4sheik:
17th: StarbasedFruit :4luigi:
17th: Seth :4yoshi:
17th: Shel :4ryu:
25th: Ravenking :4myfriends:
25th: Marshall :4diddy:
25th: 8BitMan :4rob: :4diddy:
25th: Hotdogknight! :4bayonetta2:
25th: Lunchables :4feroy:
25th: NameLess :4diddy: :4sheik:
25th: Zoan :4mewtwo:
25th: Skillager :4villager:

Battle of BC 2 (246 Entrants) (BC)

1st: MKLeo :4cloud2:
2nd: Abadango :4mewtwo: :4metaknight:
3rd: VoiD :4sheik:
4th: Mew2King :4cloud2:
5th: ANTi :4mario: :4zss:
5th: Exodia :4zss:
7th: KOSSismoss :4gaw:
7th: Big D :4mario: :4falcon:
9th: Konga :4dk:
9th: Captain L :4pikachu:
9th: Falln :rosalina:
9th: Locus :4ryu:
13th: Nurse :4dk: :4luigi:
13th: Shoghi :4feroy:
13th: Ashley :4ness:
13th: Len :4pit:
17th: SpamCop :4mario:
17th: Strike :4fox:
17th: aMac :4bowserjr:
17th: KOSSismoss :4gaw:
17th: 2ManyCooks :4mario:
17th: MD :4sonic:
17th: GetShulked :4shulk:
17th: Alphicans :4littlemac:
25th: BlackDynoWright :4littlemac:
25th: Locke :4megaman:
25th: Jams :4rob:
25th: Legit247 :4diddy: :4dk:
25th: Mono :4bowserjr:
25th: Asa :4corrinf:
25th: Espeon•CH :4link:
25th: Angis :4charizard:
I think you have one too many KOSSes in there. The 17th place KOSS should be TrueMain (:4sonic:). Strike also used Sheik on stream.
Also, Shogi got a game with Marth.

Last edited:

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
Smash Fight Club 97 (57 entrants, Houston, TX)

1st. HY 6S | Javi :4cloud: :4sheik:
2nd. AC :4metaknight:
3rd. zael :4bayonetta: :4cloud2: :4ryu:
4th. Dath :4robinf:

Figured I post this here since Dath, AC, Javi, Lima, Deluxemenu, and more attended.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Here's two newish videos that got uploaded recently that I felt like sharing and seeing what you guys and gals had to say.

The first is from May 27th, which talks about rage, volatility, and other topics I feel like the thread has talked about recently, like top players losing their touch when they start to lose or go on a losing streak.

The second video is all about the rage mechanic and was uploaded yesterday.

I think the first video may be more helpful since when I watched it, I was thinking about the down throw to up air conversations the thread had recently with Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Robin.
Also conversations about rage + a character carries certain players and how Smash 4 can allow anyoje to beat the well known players of the community.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rage wasn't implemented well but it's neither good nor bad. Or necessary. I'd be fine with it being fixed so BKB isn't affected and coming back or being scrapped next game.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
How often do lesser players actually beat skilled players in smash 4? Whenever there's an upset at the hands of an "unknown" its usually a PR'd player from a nearby region. And even when there is a major upset the top 8 always comes down to the same 8 players that consistently place that high. I don't think anyone gets carried by rage or characters, especially in a game where 2/3s of the cast can viably place well at tournaments.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I gotta say, people calling for a ledge grab limit in Smash 4 bother me even more now that Bayonetta hasn't done anything crazy with ledge in a while. And ledge trapping is a thing in Smash 4.

I guess just the usual reasons why it makes no sense, but I just wanted to reiterate.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I mean, I saw a lot of ledge camping this weekend at SnS 3, so it's natural that people would be talking about it.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I mean, I saw a lot of ledge camping this weekend at SnS 3, so it's natural that people would be talking about it.
I mean, unless we're talking about Melee, I didn't. And seeing as it only does anything worthwhile with Bayonetta (only two of which ended up top 32), no, it doesn't really make any sense.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ffffff--, you ruined my joke!
Lmaoo, didn't realize you were going for a joke there :p

I also have my thoughts about it in Melee, tbh. It's funny to watch for exactly one set, but implementing an LGL would only make the Jiggs/Fox MU even less possible. Oh well - let them do what they will. (Also, is M2K about to lose a tournament to Chudat???)

But yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom