• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 269706

I'm still iffy on 3 stock.

I'm not denying that it would change the game for the better in some aspects. No, in theory there would be a lot more consistency. In theory, people wouldn't play as safe and would be more willing to take risks. In theory, rage would be less of a factor.

But that's all in theory. Before we saw consistency, we would see a lot of things we deemed as inconsistent from many players. For example, I believe Sheik would preform much worse in a 3 stock format because she has to find an extra kill every single game. We've seen top Sheik players allow their opponents live to obscene percents, not because they wanted to, but because Sheik struggles finding that kill against a safe opponent. Now imagine that Sheik, having a hard time getting a kill going against someone with maxed out rage.

As a matter of fact, this applies to several characters who have a hard time wrapping up stocks. Maybe it's too early to say this, but I think 3 stocks would polarize the tier list. Good characters would be able to get a lead and ride with it, characters on the bottom side of the tier list would have a much harder time keeping up, let alone finding a way to secure a kill. The strong get stronger, the weak get weaker.

And they will tell ya that people will be more willing to take risks, and that players will be more adventurous...but from what I've seen, this is only true half the time. That half tends to be lower level play, or the highest level. I've seen people try and hold onto their lead and their play gets infinitely campier. I've seen games go to time because neither side was willing to commit. The person with the lead saw no reason to risk their stock, they do the optimal thing and hold onto their lead. This is why viewership becomes a problem; because if people actually played more adventurous and were more willing to take risks, we would LOVE watching that! Viewership would increase if anything. The unfortunate truth is, people like holding onto their leads. They get greedy and want that lead to get bigger and bigger so they'll play safer to do so.

Now I'm asking something of you: Be honest with yourself.

Do you want to see Wrath (or any other "campy" Sonic) preform in a 3 stock tournament? Because I tell ya, Sonic would benefit a ton from it; get a lead and run.
Do you wanna see even more people pick up Cloud? Because they would: solid neutral, easy kills.
Do you want to see less "mid/low tier" characters in top 32/16/8? Because they'd have a much harder time making it. Having to win the neutral over and over and finding creative ways to score kills every single game.

Inconsistency sucks, it really does. But it's what allows for our low tier heroes to make it so far. And who doesn't love seeing that happen?
Rage is freakin stupid, but it's taught us a ton about our game and helped us develop our meta. I have no doubt that players will still abuse it in 3 stock play.

I'm still for two stock as it stands. I think eventually making the transition will be necessary, but that time is not now.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Everyone has a Pocket Mario by the fact that it's Mario and he's one of the easiest characters to use for a good reason, but you don't really see Pocket Marios because Pocket Cloud is a thing. That's my two cents on it.
lol I have never seen someone using Mario randomly as a pocket char in a tournament to try to win the set.
Mario is not even close to Cloud. There are very few successful Marios overall, because it's very hard to play this character successfully above mid level play.
While everyone has a pocket Cloud. Basically literally everyone. In germany every second players got a pocket Cloud. It's really annoying.
You don't just pick Mario up and win. He isn't as oppressive. Without a huge bunch of skill Mario gets you nowhere, while everyone can pick Cloud and tear players apart.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
All of these arguments about low tiers every-time they get a decent result are IMHO, vestiges from this melee notion of tiers where not top/high tier = unplayable.

This game is more like guilty gear. Sure, there are still gradations in character strength and they aren't negligible, but the characters are much closer together than a lot of people are willing to admit, and you can't just pick a top tier and invalidate most of the cast's options. You have to know match-ups, even against the "low tiers" and those characters have a reasonable shot at beating you provided your opponent has moderately higher skill than you do.

Johnny was bottom tier in GGXAC and there were still top johnny players who regularly beat giants of the game & placed decently at japanese tourneys.

Low tier doesn't mean bad, it means worse.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Reminder that LTC and Apex (this year) are not majors. The definition of major is being broadened too much.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
ltc4 and apex are definitely just large regionals

both at around 300 entrants and largely feature regional talent in their top 16s

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Johnny had insane conversion and some pretty crazy normals though. Like...he had OP stuff even tho he was low tier. All GG chars have at least a few OP tools and can force you to play their game some how in certain situations.

How the **** is Ganon going to force you to do anything?

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Johnny had insane conversion and some pretty crazy normals though. Like...he had OP stuff even tho he was low tier. All GG chars have at least a few OP tools and can force you to play their game some how in certain situations.

How the **** is Ganon going to force you to do anything?
Yeah, I'm not talking about Ganon -- who I do believe is pretty bad. I'm talking about a number of characters that are in the "lower half." Low tier can also mean bad, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

I think Link falls squarely into this category. He's not good, but he's not hilariously bad and you can't totally ignore his options.

Last edited:

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Comparing guilty gear to smash seems dubious there are blatantly bad characters and super good characters.
Smash 4 isn't some paradigm of balanced and entertainment and I like it.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Cloud may have the best sword disjoint of all the swordsmen, but all sword characters have a thing in common: an easily-telegraphed recovery.

Cloud forces the entire cast to approach him? Ok. Tell me one other character that does. Last time I checked, Fox is one of those characters.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
trying to decipher the amorphous blob of the lower half of the cast since the subject has been brought up and I'm bored

Decent, but not great:
:4bowser::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucas::4robinf::4wiifitm::4pacman::4wario2::4duckhunt:

Mediocre:
:4link::4palutena::4samus::4shulk::4gaw::4miigun::4drmario::4bowserjr:

Bad:
:4zelda::4falco::4feroy::4ganondorf::4dedede::4charizard:

EA's E3 Presentation:
:4jigglypuff::4miibrawl:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?:
:4miisword:

I dunno something like this. There's some correlation with results.

The top list has a bunch of characters that sporadically do well here and there more than most, plus some mid-tier falloffs like Pac & Wario who probably can only go downwards in the future.

"Mediocre" also consists of several characters that have had good results here and there but don't do as consistently well as the above list. Palutena and Link are probably arguable, Mii Gunner might belong in "Bad", etc.

"Bad" has been gone over. Falco and Roy are always arguable and might have unseen potential or future results that could turn the tides, but all of these characters do pretty bad. I've gotten skeptical of D3 as time has gone on, but he, Roy, and Falco could all potentially be "mediocre"

The meta's been moving a lot lately. Bowser is on a decent upswing, Marth has been on the rise, Lucas has some new tech that might mean a lot when implemented properly, Duck Hunt has a string of good results in Japan, etc.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
trying to decipher the amorphous blob of the lower half of the cast since the subject has been brought up and I'm bored

Decent, but not great:
:4bowser::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucas::4robinf::4wiifitm::4pacman::4wario2::4duckhunt:

Mediocre:

Bad:

EA's E3 Presentation:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?:

The top list has a bunch of characters that sporadically do well here and there more than most, plus some mid-tier falloffs like Pac & Wario who probably can only go downwards in the future.

"Mediocre" also consists of several characters that have had good results here and there but don't do as consistently well as the above list. Palutena and Link are probably arguable, Mii Gunner might belong in "Bad", etc.

"Bad" has been gone over. Falco and Roy are always arguable and might have unseen potential or future results that could turn the tides, but all of these characters do pretty bad. I've gotten skeptical of D3 as time has gone on, but he, Roy, and Falco could all potentially be "mediocre"

The meta's been moving a lot lately. Bowser is on a decent upswing, Marth has been on the rise, Lucas has some new tech that might mean a lot when implemented properly, Duck Hunt has a string of good results in Japan, etc.
Pac-Man is above all that, Falco should be in mediocre, and Jigglypuff should be in bad, but otherwise that seems correct.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
EYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!:4feroy:

But seriously...

Good pokes. Good follow-ups and pressure. Sick trap situations that Roys do not use even though I wrote a guide on them and they are stupid easy to do but they suck and are stupid **** you Roy community for being unable to tap your chars true potential because you think he is Captain Falcon when he is not you stupid ****s.

*whew*

Sorry...I'm good now.

Umm what else...threatening grab game which is nice. Solid mobility. Second most mobile swordsman on the ground after Cloud. He does have a kill confirm with perfect SHFF Nair into Blazer but you need c-stick set to tilt which alot of people dont do because they...UGHGFHSDDFHZHN!!!! Blazer can blow through predictable attacks and is solid in landing traps. You can even angle yourself towards the ledge so if you guess wrong well you are still ok, just pull yourself off the ledge. And it hits well Blazer carries your opponent off the side and now you have positional advantage.

There is alot of stuff that is untapped with him. I lab him sometimes. I lab with all FE chars really.

*Points to my name*

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN

Pac-Man is above all that, Falco should be in mediocre, and Jigglypuff should be in bad, but otherwise that seems correct.
If PAC-MAN actually was above all that he'd have the results to back it up.

Decent, but not great:

Mediocre:

Bad:

EA's E3 Presentation:

Think you could bump charizard down to EA's E3 Presentation, otherwise it looks great.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I consider mid tier to be good or solid. Good enough to demand respect in tournies anyways.

Imma get really crazy here though. What if I said that...Marth is only a LITTLE bit better then Roy?

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I consider mid tier to be good or solid. Good enough to demand respect in tournies anyways.

Imma get really crazy here though. What if I said that...Marth is only a LITTLE bit better then Roy?
Roy is a bit of an anomaly. He has a lot of the qualities we attribute to a good character, but really doesn't show up. He has a grab game, great mobility, and a safe-ish kill confirm. Plus, range and lots of raw power. So the only place I can see him suffering is in his disadvantage, tbh. But I'm definitely missing something, haha.

EDIT: Wow. Missed EL's post above... now this is just redundant lol

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

If PAC-MAN actually was above all that he'd have the results to back it up.

Think you could bump charizard down to EA's E3 Presentation, otherwise it looks great.
Is Charizard really that much worse than Zelda, D3, Ganon, etc?

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
Eh i guess he does have less results than dorf and D3.
The best he's got recently was that top 10 in the japanese online ladder.

Personally i think his gameplan and tools are better than zelda's and D3, but zard has zero representation or result to back up this claim.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Is Charizard really that much worse than Zelda, D3, Ganon, etc?
I definitely wouldn't say he's Jigglypuff tier. His results being about as real as Santa doesn't do him any favours though, so there aren't a lot of claims that can be made to support his case.

Last edited:

Lhivorde

Smash Rookie

If, hypothetically, you were to say that, I'd ask for an in-depth explanation. With Roy almost always being thrown haphazardly into the bottom of the lists bouncing around, saying he's almost as good as Marth isn't something you can just throw out and expect people not to question you on.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
But...Roy is our boy:crying:
I have a question, then. Would you mind explaining Roy to us? You did a small little write up of the tools he has individually, and that was good and all. But I'm one of the people on this thread who have no idea what makes Roy tick...which is why I tend to stray away from Roy discussion in general. But you obviously have a bit more insight to Roy than most and I'm a guy who's genuinely interested in the character. If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe explain Roy to the crowd? What his gameplan is like, how his 3 states of gameplay fare compared to the rest of the cast, what our goal should be when playing as or against Roy, etc? I'm just looking for enlightenment, and you're obviously a very intelligent poster here. If you have the time, I'd love to hear a full write up of Roy from you.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d and a half

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Roy and Marth imo more or less have the same match-ups. Roy has more consistent damage at low percents thanks to grab confirms. Marth has a stronger edgeguarding game, but I feel Roy's trap game is WAY scarier and not fully fleshed out by his community.

Roy's disadvantage is TRASH tho and he is combo food which SUCKS. He won't ever break top of mid tier because of that imo. Bottom of high tier at absolute best imo.

ok super duper in-depth time

Neutral

Roy is super safe here with dtilt and nair for poking. Fair is actually also safe when done right before hitting the ground. Just make sure it's spaced well. He can go in with fairs as well if he wants or dash grabs. He has some solid grab confirms. His dtilt and nair can set up for grab but its not guaranteed. But a damn solid mix up scenario that favors him. His low commitment stuff is lower reward and his higher commitment stuff is higher reward. He is a balanced character in that regard. DED is a solid shield drop punish or go to punish when you bait something using Roys insane ground movement. Speaking of...Roys ground movement is a thing. Add to that his awesome SHFF and he can threaten very easily while weaving in and out of someone's zone. His dash to shield is TRASH tho. Super duper ultra garbz. His walk isn't as good as Marth's either. When Roy dashes he COMMITS which is bunz, but good thing he has nair to cover him. Best nair in the game for poking/safe pressure imo. Generally he wants to poke and force a block. Nair and dtilt on block give Roy some nice advantage to work with. Dealing with those moves after blocking is really a pure guess that favors Roy and with his disjoint he can potentially stuff any form of retaliation. And if the opponent backs off then Roy gets more stage to work with. Many Roys just wanna press buttons after someone blocks them. But honestly he can take a wait and see approach. In the neutral you kinda play like Marth until you hit someone or get a grab. You are a swordsman in neutral.

Advantage

Lots of stuff. Grab stuff at various percents. Dtilt leads to nothing true, but a strong pressure tool on hit. Nair is pretty free. Even if it doesnt hit after the dtilt, you can't really be challenged other then by really good invincible/armor moves and they need to react fast. Jab on hit leads to grabs which leads to conversions. Roys get so thirsty here. They try for a huge conversion when they can just get a single hit and maintain ground control which is HUGE for Roy. Dude has an invincible U-smash with a sword that does 17%. Why would you ever give up the ground in a land trap situation?! smh. Or just use that amazing mobility to bait something then get a regrab. At higher percents although dthrow leads to nothing guaranteed, many times a jump nair is basically free. Hard to challenge and only 11 frames of recovery. If they jump they put themselves in a trap situation because Roy is so fast. Generally with Roy the thought process should be "hit or trap". He doesnt need to force anything. A stupid decision on his opponents part in the air should be death around 110% thanks to U-smash. Also he has SHFF nair into Blazer at higher percents. First hit only. Need c-stick set to attack. SH then at apex fast fall and hit any corner of the c-stick then Blazer. Must sweetspot to be a real combo. Non sweetspot wont combo but the escape window is very tight. But even if they block that hit, Roy is safe. But to master this confirm you need high reaction speed. I dont think the average Roy player could confirm a hit or block off this. But its a good tool and meshes well with his fast gameplay and solid tomahawk game.

Disadvantage

LOLOLLOLOL

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*wipes tears from eyes*

oh man....*snickers* yooooooooooooooooo...son....lmao...its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

He gets comboed to hell and back. Like almost as bad as Bowser. Recovery is not good either. No armor on aerial Blazer. He can be challenged and gimped during start up. Really relies on angled blazer to come back, but anyone that can reliably challenge is gonna hurt him bad or kill him.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
1) Mario doesn't shut as many people out as Cloud, and he has more bad matchups than Cloud.
Just making one last clarification, I never claimed either of these things. Mario is a fantastic pocket (I'm genuinely surprised nobody's done it honestly, he has all the traits of one sans being obnoxious but good pocket picks don't have to be obnoxious, they just have to win or help out.) Pocket Cloud is honestly prevalent because he's the best pocket in the game but I'd say that position was filled by Mario before it's just nobody did it for some reason, even though Mario is the DEFINITION of intuitive in this game. He's so good, he has a super saiyan Nair that rips through airdodges (the active frames!), a godlike Kill move that works regardless of positioning, and a basic strong kill throw that does its job in the moments it has to. Mario's movement lends itself to incredibly strong air mixups and probably some of the scarier air > ground in the game when you think about USmash and trapping in general IMO, especially with how low lag everything but Fair is.

On the matter of Cloud, his theory in this thread lined up with his results more accurately before he got nerfed (honestly how couldn't it? His Uair was beyond broken before they changed it). Gheb is like the only guy that points this out, it's drowned out by everything else but he sticks it out and he's not wrong, Sheik is probably Cloud's worst MU. It's difficult for him now compared to his other MUs (very realistically winnable) but I think this is only due to the Sheik nerfs, pre-nerf Sheik probably whupped his ass at top level (F-Throw setups were stronger IMO and having a kill confirm AND the ability to edgeguard the eff out of him worked really well in tandem) and now it's doable but still not easy. Also he's incredibly weird as a top tier char because unlike every other top char his disadvantage is really mediocre, even with Dair. If you don't overextend he's getting knocked around quite a bit before he lands safely.

The closest it's come to lining up with his performance is at APEX but it's not really a giant major unfortunately (a shadow of what once was) and it doesn't help that all of the Clouds ended up in Losers. It's also worth noting that literally all of our best Clouds are there, as someone pointed out. Looking at like every other event it becomes obvious, Cloud's density at top level is really, really strange. Worth thinking about. While I'm throwing it out there he's incredibly common as a pocket but how many people solo main the character? There's gotta be a reason, especially if he has a perfect MU spread and it's so apparent. Like if that was the case, nobody would be using anybody else, surely they'd realize their pocket was that good and would just switch, granted there's a deep psychology behind character choice but who wouldn't pick a char with a MU spread that has no losses?

I think Cloud is an incredible character, he's pretty obviously super good. But when I think realistically I can't see him as the best in the game. Whether this seems right or wrong to anyone else or whether they want me to justify why or not, I'm probably going to remain unshaken.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Late to the party on this conversation but I feel like not everyone has a pocket Mario for several reasons:

1. Just like Falcon, he's only really good if you have good fundamentals. The tools are there but you have to learn how to piece them together and not be predictable in order to turn heads at tournaments.

2. You have to learn to work around his weaknesses. His lack of range, straight forward recovery, and low number of reliable kill options can hurt quite a bit if you just try to wing it with him. I'd argue that Mario is not super impressive right out of the box but, despite that, he's not likely to be caught with his pants around his ankles in a vast majority of match ups either.

3. Everybody and their grandma knows about Mario's bread and butter stuff and there's absolutely no surprise factor with the character unless you're really creative with him (which is why Ally is scary good with him). Whip out a Wii Fit or Bowser Jr, most people won't be ready for their stuff but bring out a Mario and chances are someone has played someone with a similar playstyle to your Mario at some point.

4. I don't feel like Mario absolutely destroys anyone in the top/high tiers like other characters do. I think he's good enough that he goes even, slightly wins, or slightly loses against most. I've heard arguments about him losing in a nontrivial ways to :4mewtwo::rosalina::4sonic: as well so he's not like :4cloud::4diddy::4sheik: where you might have one genuine counterpick option and that's it. In other words, if you have a hard time against Mario, you definitely have more options to consider.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
So i've seen a lot of discussion that were rather pessimistic about Game&Watch, which kind of left me wondering if people were taking into accounts the wins of Game&Watch mains to realize that the character has a theory backed up by results that is much stronger than a good amount of characters. I'll warn people beforehand though, i'm not saying this character is some kind of secret high tier character. Game&Watch isn't a solo viable character at all, his best bet if ever played solo is heavy bracket luck to not fall against any Sonic or Rosaluma, and to some extent Fox. Some of the less significants characters, most notably heavies, can be quite troublesome for Game&Watch as well, but anyway, most of the charas in the lower half aren't solo viable.

Game&Watch is a character with some room to grow, most notably as an effective counterpick character. The character is kind of awkward to play, given that his neutral is heavily influenced by the neutral of the opposing character. This leads into fairly volatile matchups, with actually a very respectable amount of good to even-ish matchups for Game&Watch that are backed up by some results here & there:
- Pikachu matchup, backed up by Regi's victory over Esam at Genesis 3's crew battles, as well as Esam's agreement on the matchup being Game&Watch's favor ( which is not something that is easy to earn, considering Esam's optimism on Pika's MUs)
- Ness matchup, backed up by Regi's victory over Javi's Ness at The Arena 2016, even though it was a pretty close set, as well as FOW's thoughts on the matchup, being once again, in Game&Watch's favor.
- Villager matchup, backed up by Regi's victory over Ranai at Genesis 3's crew battles.
Then, there is a good amount of matchups vs other top tiers that are still too hypothetical, or that are close, but not even/good:
- Sheik matchup, backed up by Koss's victory over VoiD at 2GGT Fresh Saga. VoiD was kind of rusty on this one, and he's known for sometimes not playing the matchups well enough, as well as inexperience ( a common factor that helps G&W, especially when it comes to playing the neutral ) , which is counter balanced by the skill gap between these two.
- Mario matchup, backed up by Vanity's recent victory over Ally at Breakout 3.
- Mewtwo matchup, backed up by Songn's fairly close set with Abadango's Mewtwo. While it wasn't a win, the close nature of the set, as well as Abandango placing G&W among Mewtwo's 55/45 matchups back this up quite a bit.

The other matchups aren't as good, ranging from doable to really hard. I'd like to talk about Ryu, ZSS & Bayonetta, but i feel like these matchups are too hypothetical to really prove anything, we've seen discussions with Ryus or ZSSs or Bayos saying their matchup with the 2D wonder ranged from even to decent but advantageous for them.
Results wise, G&W's results aren't the best, but they're fairly decent. Songn does well in his region, getting top 8 sometimes, usually being close to it when he goes to tournaments, with a lot of 9th place. Regi doesn't go to too much tournaments, but does well enough in his mexican region to be Pr'd first, and a clean 3rd place at The Arena 2016, the 200+ entrants mexican tournament, as well as that 13rd place in EVO 2015 that, while old, is certainly a good spot. G&W's results aren't too shabby locally as well: In terms of recent results from other g&ws, i can note a lot of 9th places: from Vanity at Breakout 3, SF/Citi at Smash Factor Prelude, and Extra at BAM4. So yeah, G&W's results aren't amazing, but decent.

I don't really have a conclusion to all of that, aside from my feelings about Game&Watch's recent placement in lists, that don't exactly feel right to me, given what the character has done, is capable of, and may be able to pull off in the future.

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
CEO 2016 first draft pools are out!
https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2016/brackets/11789/12882

A1: ZeRo :4diddy::4sheik:, Raziek :4robinf::4cloud2:, Prince Ramen :4palutena:, dekillsage :4sheik::4mewtwo::4fox:
A2: VoiD :4sheik:, Xaltis :rosalina:, Shel :4luigi:, Rango :4myfriends:
A3: Falln :rosalina:, Mr. E :4marth:, Kazu :4fox:, Tachyon :4pikachu:
A4: Zinoto :4diddy:, Master Raven :4sheik:, Snakeee :rosalina:, Mekos :4lucas:
A5: All Might :4sonic:, Trevonte :4sheik:, LingLing :4peach:
B1: False :4sheik::4marth:, Ryo :4myfriends:, Cosmos :4corrinf:, JaK :4diddy:
B2: Rain :4cloud2:, Purple Guy :4zelda:, Rich Brown :4mewtwo:, Ross :4tlink:
B3: Mr. R :4sheik:, Seibrik :4metaknight:, Techei :4greninja:
B4: 6WX :4sonic:, Remzi :4zss:, Z :4pikachu:
B5: Dabuz :rosalina:, Karna :4sheik:, dyr :4diddy:, Sect :4metaknight:
C1: Tweek :4cloud2:, Tyroy :4metaknight::4sheik::4bayonetta:, LordFrieza :4wario:
C2: Trela :4ryu:, Jtails :4diddy:, Myran :4olimar:, TekNo :4rob:
C3: Nietono :4diddy:, Ksev :4fox:, Josh :4diddy:, Deven3000 :4kirby:
C4: Larry Lurr :4fox::4dk:, Day :4lucario:, IceArrow :4greninja:, VeXx :4marth:
C5: Vinnie :4sheik:, Wrath :4sonic:, Keitaro :4falco:
D1: Hyuga :4tlink:, Logic :4diddy:, S@nt :4tlink: (not sure I have 3rd seed right in this pool)
D2: MVD :4diddy:, C3PO :4diddy:, BigLou :4luigi:, CaptainZack :4bayonetta:
D3: Marss :4zss:, Dath :4robinf:, Zephyr :4cloud2:, Mr. Doom :4yoshi:
D4: Fatality :4falcon:, Seagull Joe :4sonic:, Tremendo Dude :4shulk:
D5: ESAM :4pikachu:, Pugwest :4marth:, Colinies :4fox:, Mister Eric :4rob:
E1: ANTi :4mario::061:, Wizzrobe :4sheik:, Samsora :4peach:, Lade :4sheik::4zss:
E2: Ally :4mario:, MJG :4villager:, True Blue :4sonic:
E3: Nairo :4zss:, JJRockets :4diddy:, Draquaza :4charizard: (not sure I have 3rd seed right in this pool)
E4: FOW :4ness:, Saj :4bayonetta:, Kamicario :4lucario:, Eden :4fox:, Eldin :rosalina:
E5: Abadango :4mewtwo:, TLTC :4palutena:, Mav :4fox:, Syde7 :4rob:
E6: Mew2King :4cloud2:, Angbad :4olimar:, Mook :4fox::4pikachu:
F1: K9sbruce :4sheik:, NickRiddle :4zss:, Dill :4sheik:, StreetShark :4sonic:
F2: NAKAT :4ness::4pikachu::4fox:, Zenyou :4mario:, Sol :4littlemac:, KidG :4mario:
F3: Umeki :4peach:, DKWill :4dk:, RiotLettuce :4bayonetta::4dk:
F4: ScAtt :4megaman:, DJ Jack :4ryu:, Acid :4falcon:, Leo Hart :4mewtwo:
F5: 8BitMan :4rob:, Pink Fresh :4bayonetta:, EKING :4ryu: (not sure I have 3rd seed right in this pool)
F6: Shaky :4ness:, Reflex :4wario: (not sure who 3rd seed in this pool is, probably GDX or Captain Clutch)

Nothing too exciting from just a brief scan. No brackets yet so we can't tell who's 1st/2nd/3rd seed.

Edit: Double checked smash.gg and CEO is running top 2 advance per pool instead of top 3 like most recent large events. Oh boy...
Double edit: Made some corrections to characters based on @Djent's post. Dekillsage does still play Fox I believe based on recent VODs, and Streetshark is listed as Sonic on the most recent CFL PR (I also couldn't find any videos of his Rosa).

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
So i've seen a lot of discussion that were rather pessimistic about Game&Watch, which kind of left me wondering if people were taking into accounts the wins of Game&Watch mains to realize that the character has a theory backed up by results that is much stronger than a good amount of characters. I'll warn people beforehand though, i'm not saying this character is some kind of secret high tier character. Game&Watch isn't a solo viable character at all, his best bet if ever played solo is heavy bracket luck to not fall against any Sonic or Rosaluma, and to some extent Fox. Some of the less significants characters, most notably heavies, can be quite troublesome for Game&Watch as well, but anyway, most of the charas in the lower half aren't solo viable.
Just a minor disagreement, but I think Diddy is more of a wall than Roaslina and Luma. The Diddy MU is just plain harder given his better neutral and stage control, and the MU against Rosalina has improved very much over time (even Dabuz thinks it's not a landslide towards Rosa). And sadly, there are a lot more Diddys than Rosas.
Outside of that small detail, no disagreements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom