• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/21/2007 GIGABITS - Get Pwned in April

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Nobody can retire from Smash ;) I am definitely stoked about this tourney. Can't wait to play against all you guys some more. :cool:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm going to try and make it to this one, but I probablly won't be bring a TV with me this time.

And Otru, Louis you guys mind if I attend the smash fest with one of the guys I play smash with?

Vijin

Smash Ace
Lies. All jiggs is is bair, fair, etc. Boooooooring. :urg:

Vijin, I gotta play your peach again. Last time I played you you were just picking her up, I wanna see what you've got now.

In other news, anyone still need a teammate? You still looking for someone diego? Anyone else from TNT, maybe one of the panhandle people.....?
Backair is fun though:)

I haven't heard anything from RIP yet. TBP, if you could get ahold of him and see if he's cool w/ teaming with me, that'd be great.
And if he isn't down for that, I'll be looking for a partner, Diego, Pritch, whoever doesn't have a doubles partner, hit me up!

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i'm suppose to team with xyz but if he doesn't show up i'd be down. jiggs, sheik would be great. did you read the advice i gav eyou?

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Diego I've gotten several ucf parking tickets, I was told that you were the person to speak to about it, so....what happens if you don't pay?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
<3: yeah bro go ahead n come over if u want we r gonna start smashin around 6 n end til who knows, im assumin 4ish AM

yo phanna so r u comin to the smashfest?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wow, you guys are insane...

Pools should DEFINITELY be implemented, regardless of whether sfl or nfl comes...It's just a much, much better way of seeding...

Otherwise, I'll be one of the top seeds...do I really deserve that? Maybe, maybe not...I'd rather prove it by including pools...it's just more official and a generally better way of doing things.

I'd rather base it on how well you are playing at the tourney, rather than how many gigs tourney you have attended before....gives a chance to the newer CFL smashers and gives the tourney an official air.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
We need more members <3. We have you, Hiroshi, and me from CFL as far as I remember. Linguini was playing an awesome Pika at the last tourney, but I don't think he will be there this time. We will definitely work on setting up some Pwned vs Rofl and LoL though.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Wow, you guys are insane...

Pools should DEFINITELY be implemented, regardless of whether sfl or nfl comes...It's just a much, much better way of seeding...

Otherwise, I'll be one of the top seeds...do I really deserve that? Maybe, maybe not...I'd rather prove it by including pools...it's just more official and a generally better way of doing things.

I'd rather base it on how well you are playing at the tourney, rather than how many gigs tourney you have attended before....gives a chance to the newer CFL smashers and gives the tourney an official air.
That seems like a logical statement. I'm down with pools no matter what.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
yo ima be at this 1 iight.an it says dat the sign up starts at 9:30 am.if i wanna go 2 the 3pm torney,do i still have 2 be there at 9:30? cuzm im like mad far from orlando but imstill coming and its gon take me like an hour and 49 minutes 2 get there juz 4 sign up.meaning id have 2 get up mad early 2.....:confused: :confused:

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Diego I've gotten several ucf parking tickets, I was told that you were the person to speak to about it, so....what happens if you don't pay?

depends. nothing happened to me and i got well over 10 of them. but again, i do not go to ucf so maybe that's why they couldn't really do anything. in any case, who told you that?

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
That seems like a logical statement. I'm down with pools no matter what.
I'm down with MLG Style pools: just 2 matches and count the wins. Drop the necessary amount of players to get the brackets worked out. If too few people, drop no one but simply seed accordingly.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The front page still lists all the lower tier tournies, and I haven't seen if Mwar or Cecil has posted since then, so do they even know that everyone wants no low tiers, and only doubles then singles w/ pools? I PM'd Mwar to ask about it, because I really can't stay awake long enough to drive down and go through all that then drive back up again. Does anyone know what's going on or when it's going on? If no changes have been made despite all this discussion, I don't think it would be worth my time to drive down :ohwell:

Also, I see this time that the low tiers are on the outside. So I guess if worse comes to worse I'll just go down for the noonish doubles, stick around for singles, then leave as soon as any low tiers starts. I'm just kind of unclear on what's going on, I hope a Giga employee can clear it up.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
yo ima be at this 1 iight.an it says dat the sign up starts at 9:30 am.if i wanna go 2 the 3pm torney,do i still have 2 be there at 9:30? cuzm im like mad far from orlando but imstill coming and its gon take me like an hour and 49 minutes 2 get there juz 4 sign up.meaning id have 2 get up mad early 2.....:confused: :confused:
does any1 kno an anwser 2 mah question?

Vijin

Smash Ace
You only have to be there for that particular sign up. So if you want to enter the tournament that starts at 2:30 or whatever time it is, just make sure you're on time for that particular sign up.

And also, RIP won't be able to make it, apparently. Diego, you down? :p

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Mmkay. The front page still lists all the lower tier crap, and no post has been made by any Gigabits employee since then to acknowledge the cry for all tiers only, or for pooled singles. Unfortunately, if that doesn't change soon, I'm not going to waste time driving down tomorrow, since I don't know what I'll be getting or when I'll be getting it :-\

If anyone knows Cecil or Mwar, contact them to ask about the format of the tourny.
Better yet, someone should physically drive down there and ask someone in person.

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
depends. nothing happened to me and i got well over 10 of them. but again, i do not go to ucf so maybe that's why they couldn't really do anything. in any case, who told you that?
your license isn't suspended? and there's no way of them finding out who people are unless you try and make an appeal.

The people's car I drive don't go to ucf either, but if licenses get suspended then that means their license will get suspended and not mine and that would be very bad.

Louis told me that you were the one to go to.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
i've been through this many times queen, basically i find it unjustified to pay a parking ticket when their is plenty of empty parking. i think it is stupid to have to pay b/c i parked somewhere when their is a million more spots available. either way no nothing happened to my license. i would love to team with you vijin but me and xyz said we would team. in any case i don't know if he will make it b/c of work so i will let you know as soon as possible. pm me your number. or im me at eaglepaint1200 or message me on myspace lol. i'll let you know though as soon as i can.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Hey Diego, are you down for joining in with Pwned if we end up doing some crew matches against LoL and RoFL? Your Jiggs is crazy good and we could definitely benefit from having you on board.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Pwned is our current temporary name(created by Hiroshi) for the pokemon crew. It supposedly stands for pokemon will never experience defeat.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
oh ok. i had an understanding that it was only mid tier and lower pokemon. but yeah i'll be down, although i don't main puff anymore but i'll try my best.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
omfg!!1...i finally got my dell comp. i just started it up and it's beautiful. i was so occupied in setting up my comp that i am supposed to be at work at 5 and it is now 5:02. i think im gonna be late. well..me, vericz, zoro, and ray will be attending this. so see you guys tomorrow....peace

-hiroshi

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, I got all my **** squared away. Looks like im probably going to come to this.

Going to be 3/4 hour drive, depending on how gimp google + yahoo maps are.

>.<

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
--points to location--

Cause i go to school in Valdosta. That's litterally 15 mintues from the FL boarder.

This tournament is actually closer to me than all tournaments in GA, which are 4+ hours away from my school.

____

Edit

____

****it. Now im startin to have second thoughts about goin cause i got crap I can do to make my finals week easier.

Im probably gunna make the final decision when i wake up 2morrow, i already have my stuff packed.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
come dogy. don't ***** out. come down so i can pwn you. j/k. i aint no good. well, some good news, some more people from kissimmee are gonna be heading to giga tomorrow. people from valencia. i am very excited about this seeing as how i am trying to make the kissimee smash scene stronger. that is the reason i hooked up with iNet in the first place to host iGT1. once kissimee starts booming with decent players, cfl will no doubtly be the craziest smash scene in florida, no contest. even though it already kind of is...see you guys tomorrow. i wish everybody a safe trip to giga...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom