• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

vericz

Smash Champion
Thats lame.
I liked that stage list.
I'll come to this tournament. Won't practice for it. No need to. This game is way to simple to really require much practice to learn.
HAHA, you should at least learn matchups :ohwell:

Also, what about stages that are banned for doubles/singles only?? Maybe that way we can see counterpicks such as corneria and green greens come back for doubles/singles only.

Any ideas?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
@ Gindler: hahaha...you got a good surprise ahead of you. Seriously...comparing HK's tourney to this one is like comparing a McDonald's burger to a Ruby Tuesday burger...mmm. The only thing that would make HK better in any way was the venue itself...the douchebag staff, the stupid "you can't leave for food" rules...the $2 pizza slices...the laggy tvs...all of that was, by Gigs standards, absolutely ridiculous. I'm a bit worried about a large number of people at this tourney...space and all that, but yeah, the place is amazing.

@ Vericz: the teams / singles thing definitely crossed my mind, but I didn't act on it because, frankly, I didn't want to put forth that kind of effort when the one list was already being made. It would be my preference to just use one list this time...so we can feel it out...and really refine that one by next tourney, and discuss a 2v2 listing, as well...that's just my opinion...but yeah.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Awesome! I didn't enjoy the HK one as much as I thought. and when i did feel like paying 2 bucks for the pizza they were waiting for more to arrive "/

Oh and I thought I'd make sure before I showed up not knowing anything, do you have to preregister online or something or do you just show up and pay/register there?

Laijin

Smash Hero
HAHA, you should at least learn matchups :ohwell:

Also, what about stages that are banned for doubles/singles only?? Maybe that way we can see counterpicks such as corneria and green greens come back for doubles/singles only.

Any ideas?
I know my Kirby x Character match ups pretty well actually..
Except for Snake. That guy is just gay.

vericz

Smash Champion
@ Vericz: the teams / singles thing definitely crossed my mind, but I didn't act on it because, frankly, I didn't want to put forth that kind of effort when the one list was already being made. It would be my preference to just use one list this time...so we can feel it out...and really refine that one by next tourney, and discuss a 2v2 listing, as well...that's just my opinion...but yeah.
Alright, sounds good, lets discuss the doubles list later and use this one for both

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
1. April 19 is my b-day..
2. early brawl = new game, fun, nothing to get overly serious about yet.

Im actually very excited, I'll be there.

Gonna turn off heavy gravity now so I can practice for this.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Norfair : -1
Hanenbow : -5

Distant Planet and Pirate ship seem pretty safe...there are a few who don't like them, but the majority seems fine with them.

Vericz: yeah...that just seems the best idea right now. Least stressful plan and all that. I agree that 2v2 should have it's own listing...just getting the 1v1 list has been a bit stressful for now, so I thought I wouldn't open up that can of worms a week or so before the tourney. We'll discuss it after this one most definitely.

Halo5God : Dude...you're coming? too good. too good.

Also, I'll MM anybody who's coming for this...especially Mr H and Icenub.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I didn't know where to put this post, but since I'm going to this tourny I was just kinda wondering, does tournaments ever compare regions and show which region dominated over the other? Like maybe add up the positions of the top 10 players of each region, and then see how each region stands? I dunno I thought that would kinda be cool, unless there are tournies that already do this.

Edit:
Fenrir I will MM you for $0.50, bring it!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Put me down for no hanenbow for sure, and norfairs not bad. I just hate the lava (but it's reasonably easy to avoid) so you can put me down for whatever you want on norfair.

and MM? I forgot what that meant till I saw meowmix's (MM's :p) post. So I'll MM you fenrir if you want to make a few extra bucks (like 2 :p)

Frames

DI
Darrel, the time has come....give me my dollar and take your loss, now and forever!!!!!!!!!!!!111111shift+1

(AKA $1 MM nub :psycho:)

EDIT: OMG, make ur 1000th post a response to this! lol

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Due to actually having money for a change, i have a really good chance of going to this now. Probably be tagging along with Sly, Sighrax, Hunter, and Ginger. Cant wait to see my sell out cuties Dop and Skratch. Keep breaking my heart, but i always come back for more.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
geez...everybody plays with their friends and thinks they'll win....awesome

Hiro-Flaaaaaaaaav!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You gotta pick up Snake then!

Or play Olimar hard.

Or get more matchup experience vs Snake.

That's the way.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm going to close voting Monday at midnight

Here's the standings right now:
Norfair : -2
Hanenbow : -6

Voters counted:

Fenrir
Dguy
Finch
Manko
Proteus
Raistlin
Gindler
Vericz
Otru
Rx
vZakat
Hungrybox

Anybody who wants a say on this needs to reply now...either that or don't complain later.

I'm surprised that these two stages are being voted down, to be honest...but yeah...

Gindler: you already voted before for ban on Hanenbow and CP on Norfair...if you want to change that, you can...otherwise, I'm leaving it.

My MMs:

GodMeowMix: $ .50 ....wow....that's not even a coke anymore.
Gindler: $2
Frames: $1

any others? I'll accept anybody's. seriously.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Gigs, its very likely that theres going to be 100 people at this. You're gonna have to make as much room as possible.

Hardknocks had 128.
SFL tourney had 80.

Gigs is the best known venue in Florida so you better be ready for a rediculous turnout.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Gigs, its very likely that theres going to be 100 people at this. You're gonna have to make as much room as possible.

Hardknocks had 128.
SFL tourney had 80.

Gigs is the best known venue in Florida so you better be ready for a rediculous turnout.
lol im excited
WE NEED TVS AND WIIS
i can bring a wii

i have a tv but its really old and i dont think the wii has an rf adapter
gay

If we dont get people to bring tvs there will be like NO friendlies

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sweet, I think I can make this gigs. I'm so pumped after playing some of you guys online (and getting my but kicked whenever I used someone besides Ike lol.)

Ban Hanebow. Also, I don't care what you do about Norfair, as long as it's not neutral.

I challenge Fenrir and Ted Boosely to Ike dittos. 50 cents each.

Sonic ditto against Skrach8. $1.00. I call black.

Gindler

Smash Champion

Hiro-Flaaaaaaaaav!
I play with my friend, but I don't think I'll win (that easily :laugh:)...but seriously, no :p

I'm going to close voting Monday at midnight

Here's the standings right now:
Norfair : -2
Hanenbow : -6

Voters counted:

Fenrir
Dguy
Finch
Manko
Proteus
Raistlin
Gindler
Vericz
Otru
Rx
vZakat
Hungrybox

Anybody who wants a say on this needs to reply now...either that or don't complain later.

I'm surprised that these two stages are being voted down, to be honest...but yeah...

Gindler: you already voted before for ban on Hanenbow and CP on Norfair...if you want to change that, you can...otherwise, I'm leaving it.

My MMs:

GodMeowMix: $ .50 ....wow....that's not even a coke anymore.
Gindler: $2
Frames: $1

any others? I'll accept anybody's. seriously.
Oh sorry about that, i didn't know you were counting votes back then I was just stating my not so important opinion.

Awesome, challenge has been accepted, I can't wait.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman

Hiro-Flaaaaaaaaav!
I think Afro Thunder + Jungle Japes is an assured winner, he 6 stocked Smashville and myself in a teams money match :(

I voted Mr. H for 08'

I support the afro standard.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I think Afro Thunder + Jungle Japes is an assured winner, he 6 stocked Smashville and myself in a teams money match :(

I voted Mr. H for 08'

I support the afro standard.
I need some matches with that DK at this tourney

Tru?

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't stress this enough...people BRING SETUPS to this tourney please!!!

Whatever you can bring will help!!!

Gigs generally only has 4 of it's own tvs for us, so we need lots of setups!!!

With how things are looking (the huge interest shown), this tourney could run VERY late if we don't have enough setups!!!

:colorful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom