• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Just a reminder, If you plan on bringing your own system to play on make sure that you show up early! We need to get you all set up. Also, make sure that you have your Wii secured in some way so that you don't have to worry about it getting ganked. I wish I could be at this one! I'll just see you guys in the May SSBB event then :)

OTRU...

Smash Champion
cecil if u have a chance I was wondering if you could post the seedings that will be used for the tourney (i think u said 15% of what we had from melee, right?), if you cant its fine, ill just check when i get there, thnx in advance.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
I don't have the excel file on me right now to take the percentage, but just know that the same order of ranks you see in the SP list now are the same order you will be in. So if this is your first gigs event, your SP will still begin at 0 and others will have a small and easy lead on you. As I said, this is just to reward the SSBM players for their past efforts and to make it also fair to those starting up again.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Just a reminder, If you plan on bringing your own system to play on make sure that you show up early! We need to get you all set up. Also, make sure that you have your Wii secured in some way so that you don't have to worry about it getting ganked. I wish I could be at this one! I'll just see you guys in the May SSBB event then :)
The fact that you don't use anything to secure them for us isn't really comforting. I'm definitely not bringing mine unless I've got some kind of assurance my Wii won't get ganked.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The fact that you don't use anything to secure them for us isn't really comforting. I'm definitely not bringing mine unless I've got some kind of assurance my Wii won't get ganked.
I don't think you understand...

The systems get put on tables around the place, so there's no way for the location to secure your wii...therefore, it must be your responsibility... If Gigs tried to secure independent people's wiis...they could be sued and such...it's just a bad scenario.

On another note...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CECIL!!!

Good stuff man, enjoy it.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Bleh I was planning to vote at 11:59 too bad I got caught playing Starcraft.
Anyways, what is the final tally Darrel? Both Hanenbow and Norfair banned?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
As much as I appreciate the effort everybody put into this counterpick list, me and Apollo were experimenting and seems like DDD can chaingrab on Pipes and Distant Planet. We tried it a lot, and it seems like as long as the DDD doesn't screw up, it's unavoidable. Just sayin', we may need to reconsider those stages' legality.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
really? maybe I was just getting lazy with the cg, but usually on the slopes Darrel was able to roll away most of the time.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
As much as I appreciate the effort everybody put into this counterpick list, me and Apollo were experimenting and seems like DDD can chaingrab on Pipes and Distant Planet. We tried it a lot, and it seems like as long as the DDD doesn't screw up, it's unavoidable. Just sayin', we may need to reconsider those stages' legality.
Whoa...seriously?

hmm...we'll do some more testing over here...you keep doing it, OTHER PEOPLE TRY THIS OUT...seriously

If that's the case, then they'll be banned...easy as that.

Norfair : -2
Hanenbow : -11

so they're both banned.

We gotta get this DDD thing set...we'll see on those two. Good looking out Raistlin

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't think you understand...

The systems get put on tables around the place, so there's no way for the location to secure your wii...therefore, it must be your responsibility... If Gigs tried to secure independent people's wiis...they could be sued and such...it's just a bad scenario.

On another note...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CECIL!!!

Good stuff man, enjoy it.
May I recommend a sign in sign out sheet? Like you sign your wii/tv/powerstrip(ha, no one will whine about a powerstrip but still) in with your name and SS# or some codeword so someone can't just steal with just your name, when you enter gigs and no one can leave with those until they sign out giving the info they gave when they signed in. Sure it'll take 1 minute out of your day but it'll make your stuff more secure for sure.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
What about Castle Seige? I did CG you during the transform animation and utterly owned you :laugh:

Detail: During the transformation between stages I CGed Darrel's Ike and when the stage came into focus we were in the bottom left corner of the (first) stage practically offscreen. The last Downthrow I did pushed him in to the magnifying glass.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
What about Castle Seige? I did CG you during the transform animation and utterly owned you :laugh:

Detail: During the transformation between stages I CGed Darrel's Ike and when the stage came into focus we were in the bottom left corner of the (first) stage practically offscreen. The last Downthrow I did pushed him in to the magnifying glass.

haha that was pretty lame...but not really enough to kill a stage...It could be avoided...just novelty-factored me. : P

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
ok then I got my counter pick against you =)

1. stall till transformation
2. get lucky grab
3. win

then again now that I've said it a fox might come out and bite me :(

Zoro

Smash Champion
We have always brought our stuff and so far no one has stolen anything

lets just have a sense of HONOR and not touch other people junk!

also if something is stolen ill assume it was a noob that did it since this is the first brawl tournament and 100000 noobs are bound to show up. Ill hunt them down!

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure what you would secure a Wii with.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
u can secure it with something of equal or lesser value.

namely a gamecube, another wii, or hiroshis kirby

JAY KAY hiroshi!
ily
we will play if i manage to come, u better be at THIS one at least

Equi

Smash Ace
hmm i want to

money match!

:)

anyone need money and want to take it from me? it's yours! all you have to do is beat me! THOSE ARE THE RULES! C'MOONNNZ

free lunch for anyone that plays me i need the practice and i'm going to try a new main out so i won't wolf you or bite ya. friendly money match rawr

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
IT'S OFFICIAL!!1 I JUST GOT THIS DAY OFF AFTER HARRASSING MY GM FOR LIKE AN HOUR YESTERDAY!!!! HIROSHI WILL BE HERE!!!

**** yeah, ive been waiting too long for my 1st bif brawl tourney. im a bit scared bcuz kirby's seems to have a lot of bad matchups. but she does have a lot of good ones as well. w/e. i just wanna have fun at this.

FEN FEN!!! i didnt get off last night till 12:30 and i had to go straight to sleep. , my vote is hanenbow banned and norfair banned!!!!

ninjabox will be back in full force nukkas!

realistically though, in singles, i'll probably just squeeze out a place about half of the attendance. so if theres 100 i'll probably get like 50th place, lol. we'll see.

-hiro

Laijin

Smash Hero
IT'S OFFICIAL!!1 I JUST GOT THIS DAY OFF AFTER HARRASSING MY GM FOR LIKE AN HOUR YESTERDAY!!!! HIROSHI WILL BE HERE!!!

**** yeah, ive been waiting too long for my 1st bif brawl tourney. im a bit scared bcuz kirby's seems to have a lot of bad matchups. but she does have a lot of good ones as well. w/e. i just wanna have fun at this.

FEN FEN!!! i didnt get off last night till 12:30 and i had to go straight to sleep. , my vote is hanenbow banned and norfair banned!!!!

ninjabox will be back in full force nukkas!

realistically though, in singles, i'll probably just squeeze out a place about half of the attendance. so if theres 100 i'll probably get like 50th place, lol. we'll see.

-hiro
Kirby is a boy....
And his only bad match ups would be Snake and Marth.
Not even Marth so much. Just that ******* Snake

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Yay, I don't know who you are...and you don't know me....but the more the merier right?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is a boy....
And his only bad match ups would be Snake and Marth.
Not even Marth so much. Just that ******* Snake
Beat me to it, i was about to post something to this degree. Except my version would of been a bit more rude.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
hmm i want to

money match!

:)

anyone need money and want to take it from me? it's yours! all you have to do is beat me! THOSE ARE THE RULES! C'MOONNNZ

free lunch for anyone that plays me i need the practice and i'm going to try a new main out so i won't wolf you or bite ya. friendly money match rawr
I would also love some money matches if anyone thinks they can handle R.O.B ;)

$3-5 MM to both of you?

Hiro-flav: I would have counted your vote...but it didn't matter anyway, they're both banned...And Kirby is a guy.

Need to try out the DDD pipes Distant Planet thing...

I'm excited for the people who have just been to the Hard Knocks tournament...they'll get to see a real tourney. yay... Although Cecil's not being there really puts a damper on it. lol We'll try to keep it hopping, though..

Laijin

Smash Hero
$3-5 MM to both of you?

Hiro-flav: I would have counted your vote...but it didn't matter anyway, they're both banned...And Kirby is a guy.

Need to try out the DDD pipes Distant Planet thing...

I'm excited for the people who have just been to the Hard Knocks tournament...they'll get to see a real tourney. yay... Although Cecil's not being there really puts a damper on it. lol We'll try to keep it hopping, though..
A real tournament?
A real tournament is a tournament that gives out money. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom