• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Please, please, please don't set up a Melee station until later in the tourney...This place is going to be CRAMPED...blah

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo, stop correcting my kirby grammer. i am still referring to her her as a she. its a personal thing. anyways.

**** yes, im so ready for this thing. i was disappointed in the small turnout for mankos brawl tourney, so im happy to fianlly go to a huge brawl tourney. sooooooo many new players, its cuhrazee!!!

RECORD BREAKING NUMBERS ARE ON THE WAY!!!1

i cant wait to see huge national tournament turnouts. they are going to be completely ridiculous.

HUNGRYBOX, we can't fail at this tourney mangz. we gotta run this ish hard gah!

i am only worried cuz i dont have a lot of character match-up experience. i think i am going to get pretty hurt bcuz of it. and i don't have a secondary yet. strictly kirby.

-hiro

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
About the dedede chain grab thing on distant planet/yoshi's, who are you using to test? PK and i were playing around with it, and we can't seem to get it to work with Ike. Is it maybe certain characters?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lol kevin you get ignored too much on the forums =P

Yo Darrel we tried the cg thing with ike on the slopes and on DP I can do it fine but I couldn't on yoshi I probably just suck but just letting you know
Rasitlin, Apollo, and I found that Ike was not chained by D3; it was preventable. Wolf for whatever reason continues to get combo'd off the side of both stages.

Equi

Smash Ace
i'm looking for a ride. i'll team with anyone that takes me and even pitch in for gas.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If you're looking for a ride, you should post where you're from. That way people who have no clue might be able to help.

(Also newer players might jump on the chance to team with someone who knows what they're doing!)

Equi is a funny name.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, I'm not really ignoring Frames or PK... I just don't play DDD...don't really want to work on the cg...so I'm not that knowledgeable in this area...

Fact remains, if he can get a cg on those levels, they should be banned. And there's a bit of confusion regarding whether he can get it or not...and I'm not sure who to believe

Blindghost said Ike can get out of the cg....you mean on a slope?

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Not really my post was directed towards Darrel =P
and yea we only tried ike so maybe it's character specific.
I couldn't cg ike on yoshi slope. either I got jabbed, missed the grab, or did the instant grab release thing, Darrel you should know what I'm talking about.

skrach8

Smash Lord
sonic mm anyone?

SFL is gunna take this...... sike. CFL is gunna take this...... sike. LOUIS IS GUNNA TAKE THIS.

i hope everyone plans on bring all and any setups. with all the characters and stages. cmon no noobs here plz.

p.s. - and random select.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not really ignoring Frames or PK... I just don't play DDD...don't really want to work on the cg...so I'm not that knowledgeable in this area...

Fact remains, if he can get a cg on those levels, they should be banned. And there's a bit of confusion regarding whether he can get it or not...and I'm not sure who to believe

we tried it several times (specifically on the slopes of Pipes and Distant Planet) with Wolf and Ike. We could get out of the cg on the slant with Ike, but Wolf could not get out if the cg is performed correctly.

Raistlin

Smash Lord

Yeah, DDD seems to miss the dash grab most of the time on the slope against Ike. It's weird.

sonic mm anyone?

SFL is gunna take this...... sike. CFL is gunna take this...... sike. LOUIS IS GUNNA TAKE THIS.

i hope everyone plans on bring all and any setups. with all the characters and stages. cmon no noobs here plz.

Louis = CFL. Therefore, CFL is gonna take this.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
From what i've seen on DP and Pipes, the dash grab misses ike but not wolf because of their neutral standing positions and recovery out of DDD's down throw. When anyone is standing on the slants they are still upright, making have to literally grab at the ankles. This makes neutral grabs on these stages difficult. dash grabs allow you to lunge and grab higher and closer than neutrals.

Back to the standing and recovery positions:
when Ike is thrown, he slides more and has his closest leg to DDD in the air. When Ike is on a slant, this means the closest part of his body higher + he is on a slant. So DDD has to get even closer to Ike to CG. This gives Ike some more time to hit, side-step, w/e. But when wolf is thrown down he slides a little less, and his recovery position while sliding has his hand and foot on the ground in front of him, thus giving him closer area to grab. I'm almost positive this is going to happen with characters with similar recoveries out of DDD's down throw.

Linguini

Smash Master
sonic mm anyone?

louis, wanna team it up?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
From what i've seen on DP and Pipes, the dash grab misses ike but not wolf because of their neutral standing positions and recovery out of DDD's down throw. When anyone is standing on the slants they are still upright, making have to literally grab at the ankles. This makes neutral grabs on these stages difficult. dash grabs allow you to lunge and grab higher and closer than neutrals.

Back to the standing and recovery positions:
when Ike is thrown, he slides more and has his closest leg to DDD in the air. When Ike is on a slant, this means the closest part of his body higher + he is on a slant. So DDD has to get even closer to Ike to CG. This gives Ike some more time to hit, side-step, w/e. But when wolf is thrown down he slides a little less, and his recovery position while sliding has his hand and foot on the ground in front of him, thus giving him closer area to grab. I'm almost positive this is going to happen with characters with similar recoveries out of DDD's down throw.
I would also like to note that i know falco can CG you on distant planet on the slopes to your death, considering i play one quite frequently and we decided to practice the map (and by practice i mean play once, before i slammed my face into the wall) since i saw it on the roster of unbanned maps, glad to see that change, and i dont have to waste a ban, fantastic.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright, well if FIU wants any chance of going, we're gonna need housing the night of.
At most we'll be 5 people.

Please let me know through a PM or on AIM, my s/n is Seibrik

lemme kno soon as possible, perferably someone from WATO or TNT, i hear they live close, and i kno them.

thanks

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We don't house anymore. We were generous enough to house for like every CFL tourney 2 straight years, we've done our share but were done now. Sorry.

3 CFL cars just went to a SFL tourney and we didn't need housing. You guys can manage driving after the tourney like us.

Or you can just find someone else to house you. Not trying to sound like an ******* or anything, just saying we dont house anymore.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We don't house anymore. We were generous enough to house for like every CFL tourney 2 straight years, we've done our share but were done now. Sorry.

3 CFL cars just went to a SFL tourney and we didn't need housing. You guys can manage driving after the tourney like us.
Or you can just find someone else to house you. Not trying to sound like an ******* or anything, just saying we dont house anymore.

yea...that 7 hours of driving in one day was not fun at all. Better get up early saturday and haev your gas full if you want to participate SFL

Equi

Smash Ace
If you're looking for a ride, you should post where you're from. That way people who have no clue might be able to help.

(Also newer players might jump on the chance to team with someone who knows what they're doing!)

Equi is a funny name.
Oh yeah, my badz. I'm an hour north of west palm beach. =P

and yea, i'll team with anyone who takes me for realz it's my offer and gas

AIM me at equivocalx3 if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom