• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Hey I'm up for bringin out the 'ol team cereal box. Or w.e. we want to call it.

In any case should be able to make this. The only thing im ehhh about is the number of people entering. Whatever the biggest melee tourney was will probably get topped by their first brawl one. There are just too many people playing brawl. Anyone have an idea when they'll draw the line for entries?

I think I'm gonna train some secondaries to go well with my "everyone has a bull **** counter" theory.

Edit: oh and gary me and hungry were trying to call you up on saturday to see if you were busy but you wouldn't pick up. o_O

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. I understand you guys are not jumping to team with me cause you don't know how I play. :|
But I got 7th place at my last brawl tournament out of like..70. And that place was full of good people(Iori, Chad, Mike G, Alpha, Gerbil, Marty, Aurafox, Tilt, Moogle, Reflex, etc etc). So I dont suck at this game if your wondering that.

So uhh. If you dont suck at this game and you need a teammate, I'm here. :| Also, it'll be great if you did'nt suck at this game btw. I need money. I'm broke.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Teams is going to be really strange and different.

I wonder what teams will consistently do well the first few Gigs.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Man. I understand you guys are not jumping to team with me cause you don't know how I play. :|
But I got 7th place at my last brawl tournament out of like..70. And that place was full of good people(Iori, Chad, Mike G, Alpha, Gerbil, Marty, Aurafox, Tilt, Moogle, Reflex, etc etc). So I dont suck at this game if your wondering that.

So uhh. If you dont suck at this game and you need a teammate, I'm here. :| Also, it'll be great if you did'nt suck at this game btw. I need money. I'm broke.
I already said I would team with you. You obviously must not want a good team mate that badly. =/

Zoro

Smash Champion
me and marin are the team slayas!
i cant wait for this
CFl is going to destroy anybody that comes at us at gigs.
afro
just dont come

leave us alone
i dont wanna play a chaingrab to edge and back air dedede ur too good!
YOU GOT UR MONEY DAMMIT!
lol

OTRU...

Smash Champion
afro thunda!: yeah 1 v 1, and we can do it at whichever tourney we happen to see each other at, im assuming you will keep on playing tourneys after making $500, I know I would lol good stuff. But yeah, maybe we can play at gigabits if thats ok with you?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Wat'll prolly happen, IF i do go, i'll be riding with my crew, Tommy G driving.

So im not sure if i can give u a ride.

But if IM going, chances are NickRiddle might be, so PM him, maybe u guys can work somethin out.
No promises though.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
was that your first tournament?

Yeah it was my first tournament, the only other tourney for any game i've gone to was MLG Orlando where i got curbed stomped.

I dont know the exact names of each tourney but i plan on going to a tourney on:
April 12th (Selbrik)
April 19th (Gigabits)
April 26th (FIU)

OTRU yeah we can MM at gigabits, all cool.

Vijin

Smash Ace
All your coins are belong to me, Colbol!

EDIT: Wow, how strange, in the actual post it says "All your times are belong to me"
but it's supposed to say coins. And I can't edit it, either.

EDIT2: It did it again. now it says stock instead of times.

EDIT3: Nevermind. I got it. lol Wolf for the win.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
STAGES:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Chocobo's Island
Lylat Cruise
Haloville
Pikmin Stadium

Counterpicks:

Port Town
Norfare
Pikmin Stadium 2
Luigi Mario's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Coneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Bridge of Eldin
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Onett
Chocobo's Island Brawl
Distant Planet
Wario Circuit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island

Banned:

Big Blue
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City sucks
Summit
75M
Wario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
MarioWare
Spear Pillar

Discuss :)

Finch

Smash Lord
Shadow Moses, Port Town, and poke stadium 2 are awful for obvious reasons, and a lot of people have problems with most of the other ones. I think for now neutrals should not include Poke stadium 1 (windmill steals kills) and counterpicks should just be like already accepted melee stages, delfino, luigi's mansion, frigate orpheon, and castle siege. I guess it would be

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Coneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Onett

It's a short list, and once rules get developed it will undoubtably get longer, but right now everyone is having a huge *****fest about Brawl's stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom