• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Does anyone here support paying out to 4th place if the attendance at gigs is over 50?

just wondering

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Sighrax and myself might come to this depending on how we do in teams/singles at ZPs tourny the 12th. Hope i have moneys to come.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Sighrax and myself might come to this depending on how we do in teams/singles at ZPs tourny the 12th. Hope i have moneys to come.
come thru, skratch will cover your entry fees. :laugh::bee: put it on his tab.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think Gigs is going to be indoors and outdoors...

Its gonna one craped-*** tournament.
yea, gigs is a pretty small place...with even only half of the attendance of hard knocks its gonna be a clowns being stuffed into a single car situation. But nothings gonna stop me from going. cause i wanna be the very best, that no one ever was...

Gindler

Smash Champion
Wooo, gigabits. Went to lazy moon today and I forgot how small it was, that's going to be one cramped tournament, hopefully they'll let use go to mcdonalds and play melee while we wait and they can call use 2 minutes before our turn or something along those lines.

vZakat

Half Genie
You're not the same Misto-Roboto from TA.net are you?

Edit - after checking your profiles on both sites, you are the same person. We should play some PDP or something. :)

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Looking forward to bringing Luigi to the top of this tourny. In the meantime, does anyone want to play some matches online? I'm bored.

-weeeeG

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
You're not the same Misto-Roboto from TA.net are you?

Edit - after checking your profiles on both sites, you are the same person. We should play some PDP or something. :)
Yes, indeed. Brawl has been occupying my time lately so I've been very neglectful there. Hit me up for my friend code and if you go to Gigabits, I'll bring my DS and we can play locally there too.

I'm going to win this tournament.

Just sayin'
I see imminent failure in your future.:laugh:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Looking forward to bringing Luigi to the top of this tourny. In the meantime, does anyone want to play some matches online? I'm bored.

-weeeeG
I'm lookin' forward to bringing Yoshi to the top (or at least mid) of this tourney :laugh:

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Resuming the stage discussion.

To begin with, people need to understand that a stage is not banned because it has an attribute that interferes with the fight or can kill someone. A stage is banned because it offers an opportunity for unfair or uneven play. Therefore, do not assume stage X is banned because it has something that kills you, or because it has something that interferes with the battle.

Do not assume that banned stages in Melee are banned in Brawl, and do not assume that legal stages in Melee are legal in Brawl.

A stage should not be banned just because certain characters have an advantage on it over others.(Referring to Finch's comment about G&W on PS2 being a reason to ban PS2) What was the entire purpose of counter picking again?

I usually don't attack opinions directly, but people thinking that Pirate Ship should be banned have pretty silly opinions.

As for walls, if we as a community decide that Dedede chain grabbing someone against a wall is an unfair tactic, then why not ban the tactic itself and allow the stages? Either way the tactic will not be happening, but in one scenario you have a lot more stages allowed for tournament play.

Now ignoring the Dedede wallgrab, Shadow Moses is a stage I personally do not like. That said, I do not believe it should necessarily be banned. The walls are breakable and once broken you can KO out of the map sideways. It is simply a strategy that would need to be used on that map for characters that have weak vertical KO power.

I have not encountered the invisible cars on Port Town. If you truly can be KOed by something that can't be seen, then this stage loses a lot of credibility. However, those complaining about this stage due to the damage and knockback level the cars provide need to realize that that is no reason at all to ban a stage.

I have already argued the reasons why PS1 should remain a neutral, I don't feel I need to repeat it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pirate ship should be so banned, oh no I'm falling!!!! oh wait, water! There is no possible way to fall to your death (except for 5 seconds in the tornado) so almost every single kill will have to be from knocking someone completely out which is uber lame. Sure i support levels, but levels where you can't be killed by a meteor smash is pretty lame.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Pirate ship should be so banned, oh no I'm falling!!!! oh wait, water! There is no possible way to fall to your death (except for 5 seconds in the tornado) so almost every single kill will have to be from knocking someone completely out which is uber lame. Sure i support levels, but levels where you can't be killed by a meteor smash is pretty lame.
That is not a reason to ban a stage.

You can't kill someone through the ground on Bridge of Elden except for the few times when there is a hole in the middle.

You can kill someone through the water anyway.

Did you miss the entire post above yours? A stage is not banned because it changes how you have to play. Explain how having water instead of empty space in any way makes the level so one sided for one player that it merits a ban.

Vijin

Smash Ace
I don't think whether you can be killed by a meteor smash or not is the deciding factor in whether a stage is banned or not. Some characters don't even have meteor smashes.

And on top of that, okay, so you have to kill them off the top or off the side. Big deal. That's why players have the option to ban one stage that they do not like. You don't the fact that you can't fall to your death on a certain stage? Ban that stage!

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't think whether you can be killed by a meteor smash or not is the deciding factor in whether a stage is banned or not. Some characters don't even have meteor smashes.

And on top of that, okay, so you have to kill them off the top or off the side. Big deal. That's why players have the option to ban one stage that they do not like. You don't the fact that you can't fall to your death on a certain stage? Ban that stage!
I was just sayin', I wouldn't be surprised if they banned this level at the tourney. The thing said that if things are random you should assume it's banned (like bombs, cars, space racers, stuff all like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom