• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Great reference and all but that's not a good excuse. Oh well, I still appreciate this thread and I'll just compare old updates to new myself. It was just a suggestion after all!
I will consider it for next patch. It's just... not possible for this one seeing as there is over 220+ edits to the OP.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Great reference and all but that's not a good excuse. Oh well, I still appreciate this thread and I'll just compare old updates to new myself. It was just a suggestion after all!
I'll make sure it's kept in mind in the future ;)
Frikken Aerodrome, living 12ms closer to Smashboards' server giving him the edge :<

Last edited:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Weird Pacman change I don't know if anyone mentioned -- the visuals for his grab now disappear faster. This change hasn't made its way to the Wii U yet either -- putting them side by side, Pacman's animation is identical but the wave graphics are not.

CaP_Omega

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody got something on the hitstun? I seriously feel like it's been lowered ever so slightly because a lot of attacks just don't seem to string anymore no matter what.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Can anyone test if people's ledge get ups have less invincibility ?

I feel like the really small punish window on regular get ups on the ledge has been increased by a bit. It could be some confirmation bias on people getting better at timing punishing it, but eh, it contrasts/feels very different to before.

Mastr Spar10

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-2075-8122
I'm not sure but it feels like Samus's nair has less knockback and her fair has slightly more but that might just be my imagination

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

I feel like the really small punish window on regular get ups on the ledge has been increased by a bit. It could be some confirmation bias on people getting better at timing punishing it, but eh, it contrasts/feels very different to before.
Honestly I'd like to second the notion of getting someone to check, only cause the last time things were "unchanged" when you talked about Marth's D-Throw it was secretly a prelude to no vectoring.

Mastr Spar10

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-2075-8122

I think there is a small bit because now I feel like I can hit someone almost halfway through a getup, sometimes halfway through a roll too

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm not sure but it feels like Samus's nair has less knockback and her fair has slightly more but that might just be my imagination
Samus is entirely unchanged...

Lucinas dsmash feels like it got a bit more knockback, can anyone confirm this?
...and Lucina's d-smash is unchanged. This is all in the OP; if it's not mentioned, or the character is listed under "no changes", then this stuff is unchanged.

Mastr Spar10

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-2075-8122

...and Lucina's d-smash is unchanged. This is all in the OP; if it's not mentioned, or the character is listed under "no changes", then this stuff is unchanged.
Yeah it's just my imagination then, they just seemed a bit different to me but they aren't so oh well

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Just tested out Lucina Fsmashing Marth. At 85%, kills at both the tip and anywhere else. At 84%, cannot kill no matter where on the blade.

Seems like Lucina's knockback has been made the same throughout the blade, like how Sakurai stated it should be. Haven't tried out the other moves though.

Reference:
http://smashboards.com/threads/before-you-ask-the-differences-between-marth-and-lucina.376180/

Dsmash is now consistent as well (tested furthest in and the tip; if you hit in the middle it will send them upwards instead of horizontally).

So no, not all changes have been found out. Dsmash has indeed changed, if my reference was correct.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Just tested out Lucina Fsmashing Marth. At 85%, kills at both the tip and anywhere else. At 84%, cannot kill no matter where on the blade.

Seems like Lucina's knockback has been made the same throughout the blade, like how Sakurai stated it should be. Haven't tried out the other moves though.

Reference:
http://smashboards.com/threads/before-you-ask-the-differences-between-marth-and-lucina.376180/

Dsmash is now consistent as well (tested furthest in and the tip; if you hit in the middle it will send them upwards instead of horizontally).

So no, not all changes have been found out. Dsmash has indeed changed, if my reference was correct.
she never had tippers

The only change to hitboxes she got is in the OP

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Yeah, the only tipper Lucina has is like....

Dair spike.

She was always this way.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
That still isn't even tipper, she just needs the opponent directly below her.
I thought the spike only came with the tip of the sword?

Anyways, yeah. Lucina tippers aren't a thing

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure :4megaman: got a bigger tornado (up-air). Visually and hitbox. My friend even noted he could no longer DI out of it
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I would really appreciate if you compare this. I get a kill more than half the rounds with tornado where as before, it was once in a blue moon. I'm not only talking about the Wii U visuals, the first thing I noticed on the 3ds was larger tornado

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I would really appreciate if you compare this. I get a kill more than half the rounds with tornado where as before, it was once in a blue moon. I'm not only talking about the Wii U visuals, the first thing I noticed on the 3ds was larger tornado
It's the same.

The only changes Megaman got was to what we assume to be Leaf Shield, some other move which had a timer from 30 reduced to 20 and the Black Hole from his Final Smash was minorly changed.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm adding the following to the OP:

Dedede
GORDO THROW
REFLECT THRESHOLD : 3% ⇒ 2%
(14%) HITBOX SIZE : 3.5 ⇒ 3.1
(12.5%) HITBOX SIZE : 3.3 ⇒ 2.9
(11%) HITBOX SIZE : 3.1 ⇒ 2.6
(9%) HITBOX SIZE : 2.8 ⇒ 2.4
BUGFIX : Fixed a bug where air dodging or using nair would cause odd behaviour in hit Gordos​

Possibly custom changes? 11% hitbox size reduced 3.5 ⇒ 3.1, 6% hitbox size reduced 3.5 ⇒ 3.1

GRENINJA
HYDRO PUMP
BASE KNOCKBACK : 85 ⇒ 65
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 130 ⇒ 100​

little mac
FTILT
POSITIONING : Hitboxes have been moved closer to Little Mac, reducing his effective range​

Rosetta
BTHROW
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 70 ⇒ 60​

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
so is vectoring gone whats up with that im very curious are the roll grabs gone as well?
Vectoring is gone (at least to an extent; you cannot increase or decrease vertical knockback) and roll cancel grabs are still in. :)

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Vectoring is gone (at least to an extent; you cannot increase or decrease vertical knockback) and roll cancel grabs are still in. :)
so how does it work do i still hold forward win knocked horizotally ive played a bit of wii u but i havent bought my copy yet. I havent played much 3ds smash lately since ORAS dropped

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
so how does it work sorry to double post but im very curious
I'm not the best person to tell you the exact mechanics behind the new system, to be honest. Go and find the thread about the removal of Vectoring in the competitive discussion forum to get all the details. :)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
she never had tippers

The only change to hitboxes she got is in the OP
You yourself have posted in the following thread, which I have included in my previous post, which stated she DID indeed have tippers, though only for knockback.

From Shaya:
1. Lucina does not have tipper hitboxes / effects on her attacks, the exceptions are
Forward Smash, Down Smash, Up Smash: None have extra damage, but they all have slightly higher knockback at their tips.

Yeah, the only tipper Lucina has is like....

Dair spike.

She was always this way.
I thought the spike only came with the tip of the sword?

Anyways, yeah. Lucina tippers aren't a thing
Would help if you actually took the time to look at the reference I had shared, which says otherwise X)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You yourself have posted in the following thread, which I have included in my previous post, which stated she DID indeed have tippers, though only for knockback.

From Shaya:

Would help if you actually took the time to look at the reference I had shared, which says otherwise X)
@ Shaya Shaya said that.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer didn't say that.

@ Shaya Shaya is not the frame data goddess here.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is.

(@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is me btw.)

I just posted it in that thread because Shaya told me to. I am not responsible for the things Shaya says.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
@ Shaya Shaya said that.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer didn't say that.

@ Shaya Shaya is not the frame data goddess here.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is.

(@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer is me btw.)

I just posted it in that thread because Shaya told me to. I am not responsible for the things Shaya says.
Haha, ok. Send Shaya to the gallows!

@ Shaya Shaya Are you confident she had tippers, because she doesn't seem to have them anymore?

If she did have tippers and now doesn't, does that mean her moves in general got nerfed, because it doesn't seem her knockback has been increased to reach a middleground to compensate, judging by the absence of documented knockback changes in this thread.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pikmin don't desync, that's something. Though that's probably not a conscious balance change so much as a 3DS bug.
they still desync though

i remember testing the down throw down smash glitch and honestly the biggest fight was keeping my pikmin from turning into lemmings and throwing themselves off the stage

idk if it happens as much, but it's still there

EDIT: Added topspin gordo and bouncing gordo

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I'm assuming that pretty much all of the 3DS 1.04 changes have been found at this point, but it would appear that there are further changes in the Wii U version. I skimmed through the previous pages to see if they've been mentioned yet, but they don't seem to have been. I've been able to confirm two so far:

• Link's Power Arrows (custom neutral 2) charge much slower on Wii U compared to 3DS 1.04. On 3DS the time to full charge feels about the same as the regular bow. On Wii U it's about...50% longer? Rough estimate. It's quite noticeable either way.
  • On 3DS 1.04, Lucario is able to hitstun cancel with Extremespeed, or any of its custom variants, much like Mega Man's Rush Coil. This is not possible on Wii U.
Don't have video/gif evidence to present atm, but these are easy to test.

G&W still has his infinite on both though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom