• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
...You never actually saw a proper DACUS performed, huh.
I linked the wiki's page didn't I? I just saw true DACUS's for the first time.

So, I guess I've been DUP'ing (Dash Up Smashing) the whole time.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Running into an upsmash will let you slide a little.

Running and then doing dash attack into upsmash (usually inputed with down on the cstick + up on the control stick + Z) does a DACUS and with some characters like Snake you'll slide the entire distance of FD.
I guess Snake stays true to his codename. Slithery and slippery Snake.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I can also confirm that sonic no longer goes into special fall when grabbed out of his up-b before touching the stage.

EDIT: this also happens to Megaman as well

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Man dis list isn't even in alphabetical order!
Anyways, so far for Yoshi.

:4yoshi:
- Slightly slower start-up on NeutralB.
- Slightly more ending lag on Dash Attack.
- Slightly more landing lag on Dair.
- Yoshi can no longer do slope shenanigans with Down B
(unconfirmed/Mentioned) Neutral B longer range?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I can also confirm that sonic no longer goes into special fall when grabbed out of his up-b before touching the stage.
As far as I know he never went into fall special, he was just unable to up-b again.

Can he use his up special again, or does he still fall to his death? If he first is the case, it's a change, and should probably be tested with Mega Man and Game & Watch as well.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
sonic and megaman can use there specials again if grabbed during their falling animations after up-b this wasn't possible in the previous versions. If this also happened to GnW then it most likely was fixed too.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I linked the wiki's page didn't I? I just saw true DACUS's for the first time.

So, I guess I've been DUP'ing (Dash Up Smashing) the whole time.
this is why i tried to make such a point to actually explain what a DACUS is because for some reason a lot of people don't even know the difference.

when people kept saying dacus isn't in, i already knew they were talking about dash up smashing because that legitimately did get changed and is harder. we have no real way of knowing if dacus isn't in until wii u version.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
sonic and megaman can use there specials again if grabbed during their falling animations after up-b this wasn't possible in the previous versions. If this also happened to GnW then it most likely was fixed too.
Just to make sure, you're not pummeling or throwing them, correct? It has to be a straight grab release if they're to fall helpless.

Ghost2352

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been reported already but I did come across a bug that makes the stage music keep playing after you call
a No Contest. The specifics were:

-I was green hooded gridwire Little Mac going up against a Meta Knight
-The rules were S Flag off, timed, 3 minutes
-The stage was omega form mute city
-After about 30 seconds to a minute I quit

Sorry if this has been said already, obviously I just joined to post this bug report!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea no pummel just grab them and let them grab break

EDIT: not sure if this has been said but little mac can't grab release Wario, nor can anyone for that matter as he flies back now instead of straight up

Last edited:

bajisci

Smash Ace
Detailed Greninja changes:
-Shuriken has longer ending lag, about 2 frames. No longer grab invulnerable
-usmash sourspot down to 11% from 14% (and kills later because of this). usmash has more lag, like 4-5 frames.
-up-b has WAY less windbox, not a big deal ive discovered, still very good.
-shadow sneak, no more lag canceling but it has less recovery time.
-dsmash got buffed by 3% and kills earlier because of it
-game-wide multi-hit move spike nerf, because of this his bair and uair are worse resulting in people sometimes popping out of it when they didnt use to. In a way its better though, uair spiking for combos is more consistent

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not gonna download this patch until I saved all of my replays.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Something I can confirm about Ganon. His down throw was given more knockback (not less ending lag, as it was stated previously). It is more possible for him to now carry out followups during later percentages.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
:4drmario:

So his DAir hits less and recovers abit quicker and he got a very small knockback buff for his FAir (that basically translates to: he can kill Jiggly from the centre of battlefield, 9% quicker).

This takes a lot longer than I thought it would so I doubt I'm going to bother doing it for anyone else.
Hear that? It was my jaw hitting the ground.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
I have noticed that Pac-Man throws out his forward smash a little bit faster than before, along with having a faster grab.

Ganondorf seems to have reduced landing lag when he does his fair, as well. Also, an easier sweetspot (his hand) with his bair.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
when people kept saying dacus isn't in, i already knew they were talking about dash up smashing because that legitimately did get changed and is harder. we have no real way of knowing if dacus isn't in until wii u version.
Uh, no. I know what a DACUS is and it used to be possible via 1/4 speed training mode, a modded 3DS, or the new 3DS LL. That's how we got all that DACUS info in the academy section. I have yet to pull one off in 1.0.4 with any character that was previously confirmed to have a DACUS. Neither has any other individual in this thread that has tested it and actually understands that it's not a DACUS if you don't Cancel a ****ing Dash Attack. We may not be 100% sure that they're gone, but all signs point to no more DACUS. Someone with access to a Wii U copy ought to confirm/deconfirm when possible.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Are you absolutely sure?
Even if the animation is the same, the invincibility/reflection effect seems to come out a heck of a lot faster.
One of the first things I did in SSB was see if the protection from GOs came out as fast as the shields did, and it does. If the animation is the same, so is the timing the protection comes out.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
yea no pummel just grab them and let them grab break

EDIT: not sure if this has been said but little mac can't grab release Wario, nor can anyone for that matter as he flies back now instead of straight up
Sorry about all that, I just didn't believe you. But I can now confirm that getting grab released out of Up-B now allows you to use Up-B again, at least for Mega Man, Sonic, and Game & Watch. You were right.

Tested by using Mega Man to grab Mega Man/Sonic out of their Up-Bs while over a ledge. I used Captain Falcon for Game & Watch because I couldn't launch him low enough to the point where I could grab him out of Up-B, lol.

Last edited:

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Not sure if this has been mentioned or if it's always been like this, but it appears that Wii Fit Trainer has a larger hitbox within the back of his/her F-Air which has a meteor effect. It used to be more difficult for me to pull off but it seems that the hitbox has now increased through her other leg that isn't seen as a hitbox prior. I have a video if anyone is interested. <.< Lazy to record it, but if needed, I will.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
this is why i tried to make such a point to actually explain what a DACUS is because for some reason a lot of people don't even know the difference.

I just assumed that DACUS was just up smashing with a dash since you're not doing a dash attack and that it looks like it's overriding the dash attack. Maybe there should be an official term for dash up smash like DUP or RUP (Running Up Smash). Personally, DACUS should have been called a sliding up smash and the process is DACUS. Complicated, but if people knew that SUP (Sliding Up Smash) involved a DACUS (Dash Attack Cancel Up Smash) and that DUP/RUP were running up smashes, it wouldn't have caused confusion.

Anyway, if it's not in the 3DS (anymore), then doesn't that mean the Wii U won't have it either since it's supposedly the same game but with different features and on different systems? It'd be strange for one system to have a different set of gameplay mechanics than the other if both are supposed to be similar or the same. This would be different if the 3DS and Wii U were entirely separate games.

Crven

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to confirm that DACUS is gone, or it isn't done the way it was before. I have both versions up right now with Shiek on the same stage. I can DACUS in the old version but not in the new one. Same goes for Falco. They are the only two I have tried with though.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Neither has any other individual in this thread that has tested it and actually understands that it's not a DACUS if you don't Cancel a ****ing Dash Attack.
if you know the difference then i wasn't talking to you

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Just wanted to confirm that DACUS is gone, or it isn't done the way it was before. I have both versions up right now with Shiek on the same stage. I can DACUS in the old version but not in the new one. Same goes for Falco. They are the only two I have tried with though.
I hate everyone right now

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Not sure if this has been mentioned or if it's always been like this, but it appears that Wii Fit Trainer has a larger hitbox within the back of his/her F-Air which has a meteor effect. It used to be more difficult for me to pull off but it seems that the hitbox has now increased through her other leg that isn't seen as a hitbox prior. I have a video if anyone is interested. <.< Lazy to record it, but if needed, I will.
Need yes!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Man dis list isn't even in alphabetical order!
Anyways, so far for Yoshi.

:4yoshi:
- Slightly slower start-up on NeutralB.
- Slightly more ending lag on Dash Attack.
- Slightly more landing lag on Dair.
- Yoshi can no longer do slope shenanigans with Down B
(unconfirmed/Mentioned) Neutral B longer range?
Same goes for Kirby with NeutralB.

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
Everyone is arguing about DACUS/ dash attack + upsmash, about the techs that disappeared...and i'm just here happy, that tripping didn't come back. Thanks sakurai.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Everyone is arguing about DACUS/ dash attack + upsmash, about the techs that disappeared...and i'm just here happy, that tripping didn't come back. Thanks sakurai.
Tripping, the malaria of SSB.

For reference: Play Far Cry 2.

Crven

Smash Rookie
I hate everyone right now
It isn't something I could really show, even with crappy phone videos. In the 3DS with the old version I can cancel the Dash attack with an UP Smash. In the new update I can not get the Dash attack to cancel. With Falco it is really easy to do in the old version, and I have not been able to do it once in the new patch.

Strangely you can still cancel Shiek's dash attack with a grab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom