• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GG 3.5 CSULB Sponsor by NOS UMVC3!

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
1) Parking was gay Lovage + Fly
2) this has to be good Baka + Peligro
3) TRYNAFITINWITHDACOOLKIDS (Joejoe + Dantefox)

1)Fly
2)Lovage
3)Sung
4)Peligro
5)Baka
5)Joejoe
7)Martin
7)Dantefox

I think.....

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I don't normally do shout outs but here we go!

Lovage - Thanks for the ride man. You got really good, been watching your videos, even while i quit smash. likin' that technical fox :p
JoeJoe - Yeah I remember those church tourneys now man, you got heck of a lot better. Keep at it dude!
Jason - I remember whooping your marth left and right back in the days, you got a really solid marth now, you've improved a great deal
Sung - You owned me man, I'll figure out that falco match up sooner or later. Good games! :D
Fly Amanita - Yeah dude I'm going to be honest here, I was always a big fan of your ice climbers even back in the Rancho Cucamunga days. Your ice climbers were always just way out there, always fun to watch, always something unexpected. Kudos to you!
Peligro - Something interesting always seems to happen whenever we play huh? Drill shine to falling back air at that USC tournament, and now that odd angle I got with fox. I guess your play style just pressures me to do these odd things :p Grats on 4th dude!
Baka - Too bad I didn't get to see your matches with Peligro, 5 stitch faces sounds prettyyy baddd.. Well just shake it off, it happens. You definitely got a solid peach, don't let it get to you!
Crimson Blur - I had fun in friendlies with you, sorry I ditched you, I really wanted to watch the tournament matches. D:
Coki - Gotta work on those suicides! (in singles too). I really liked our fox jiggly team, we did well, (could have done better) but I'm satisfied with how we played. We'll play again soon.
Champ - Thanks for hosting these tourneys, glad you're still doing 'em.

Overall, after 3 years of quitting and coming back, the community as a whole just got sooo much better. It was fun playing everybody, hope to see you guys again soon :)

Wowie! That was a huge post, I apologize for the wall of text.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I know why we didn't make it to top 3 Manatee, we didn't have a **** team name

I don't mean to offend anyone when I try and give advice, I could use them as well

Fly - Totally am not looking forward to watching those matches, but I must. Ggs, even though Lovage told me how to get out of those cgs and I thought I was DIing it right but I guess not. (Yes all I'm doing is platform camping). I'm going Samus next time, going to be training her again

Ilovageu

Peligro - Somehow I think Kongo wasn't a good CP, now I honestly feel that falco does way more with that stage. I'm going to CP Peaches there. Sorry about how you feel with falco though, it's just my style (I don't think anyone else in socal does it) and I just play really defensively. And holy fudge, I got so hype you vs baka, and I'm glad the better Peach came out on top LOL

Joey - You've gotten so much better, for some reason you were playing super...joeper mode in losers against me. I thought I had you on lockdown in friendlies but you were moving super well in those matches. Do less aerial from the ledge (I'm just shooting lasers in case you do that and my laser F tilt combos), careful rolling towards the center of the stage when I'm lasering you (the roll is what I'm looking for to shine you), nair shine nair stuffs sheik's nair oos, seize opportunities when you dd.

Martin - You are so great. Of course everyone can get a lot better, but you're already pretty good. Fix bad habits of side Bing towards the stage when you're really close, talk to me when you miss a rest or something (I can't look at the whole screen at once it's a work in progress..). The rollout tactic is pure genius though, new metagame right here.

Dantefox - Really good at Nairing me the moment I try and laser. Gj with you and joey showing irvine who's boss LOL. I think you get up attack and shield grab too much, but other than that you're really technical and have some really good moves esp shine edgeguarding.

Pmack187 - We should definitely play sometime, I'm not as good as Westballz in the ditto but I can help you all that I can!

SNPR - I admire you taking me back to yoshis, it's like one of those things where you know you could do better and you definitely did. It was a lot harder to hit you in the 2nd match. I can't believe you and Coki went 1-2 against Baka and Peligro, 2gud, I mean it sounds weird, and all foxes should be able to do it, but from the doubles matches I saw you hardly/maybe didn't miss a single drill shine U smash which is freaking amazing.

Nt3000 - I like a lot of the things you do (monster **** combo against spark U tilt weak nair U tilt weak nair U tilt other shenanigans..) but you do way too many aerials coming back towards the stage, like I'll knock you out/up and on the way down you'll aerial, and I just stuff it with a back air (same is true for the ledge too) you should use more wavelanding back onto the stage from the ledge

Jkun - In the words of H-Japan "he could be my ****ing homie." I definitely wanna get more into KoF when console comes out, I've just never been a stick player haha

I have successfully attained Spark's approval with a balls deep shine bair.

LOL SNPR you call that a wall of text!? I really hope I didn't forget anyone I played..either that or I just couldn't remember anything that happened when we played
I'm totally all for helping smashers who want to get better (and get ranked, to push a certain someone out of the rankings..) just talk to me on aim the boards w/e if ya wanna play :) Thanks for hosting Champ and letting us stay later

Charoo

Smash Champion
Full results

Teams

1: parking was gay (fly lovage)
2: it has to be good (bake4moe peligro)
3: TRYNAFITINWITHDACOOLKIDS (dantefox joejoe)
4: snpr n coki (snpr coki)
5: team **** slap (pmak dan)
5: manity n sung (manity sung)
7: Jason n Spark (Jkun spark)
7: Team gay (nt3000 curt)

Singles

1: fly amanita
2: lovage
3: sung
4: peligro
5: joejoe
5: baka4moe
7: dantefox
7: snpr
9: pmak
9: DC
9: nt3000
9: manity
13: Pulse
13: jason
13: The crimson blur
13: spark
17: dan
17: Bacon
17: Shadowmesiah needs to pay
17: curt
17: Coki

Thanks for coming everyone. Next one is of course 2 weeks from now aka October 29th

Coki

Smash Rookie
Thanks again, Champ and crew, for hosting the tournament. So sad I had to duck out early again, but at least SNPR and I got to complete our run in teams. SNPR, I will work on those suicides. Gotta be more precise with my stupid rising pound. Thanks to everyone SNPR and I played. Good matches, tough players. And excited that in our team's debut, SNPR and I got 4/8. Woot Woot.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Sung - Great matches and thank you for the advice. I was really surprised how I did in the second set. I don't even remember how the first one went, but I think I was approaching it way differently than the first. I'll be sure to work on practicing my powershields and am looking forward to more matches in the future.

Lovage - You ****. You're advice was really a good refresher for me and it has really made me think of some new concepts when playing. Wish we could have gotten more matches.

SNPR - Damn man with the basic AT's you're still as good as you were and way better than most players today. I can't wait for you to get all the other flash back. Keep playing! Really nice seeing familiar faces.

Baka - Dude you must have gotten better at that match up. You ***** me. So aggro with the peach. I'll get you soon enough though. BTW not sure if I'm heading back for the weekend anymore.

Peligro - Got some good matches with you. Hope to play some more games in the future

Manatee - Salt Salt Salt, Rematch after my few weeks in the hyperbolic time chamber. Really got me with the pound tech chase rest. But I'm calling shenanigans on my DI back Downthrow one -_-.

Jason - Dude don't quit, I know you're super good. You do some **** that I honestly really like. Also thank you for recording all the videos.

DC - Yo I doubt you'll be reading this but you should mos def get back into it.

Crimson - Yo man you gotta go around and try to play everyone! I like the old school style you got going on. Do work.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Sung - About 30 seconds into that match I was like, "wow, this was a really dumb CP to take a defensive Falco to." I was thinking larger blast zones, trickier edges, and that the slopes might throw your tech stuff, but you get way too much room to run around and Falco's vertical jump let's you get to the top platforms too easily. I might need to start banning it. -_- Also, your playstyle is legit and obviously works, it's mostly a composure thing on my end.

Good games everyone, had a lot of fun and there's a good chance I'll go to the next one.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Quick shoutout

GG to everyone that I played
Sung - you're the ****ing homie!
Fly - good ****
Micheal - i own you 15 bucks and I'll give you the money asap since I just got it now
Baka - Sick peach
Crimson Blur - sadly that we didn't get to play =[ Next time
JoeJoe - the man
Lovage - Sexy as always
Dantefox - I swear I'm trying to lose to you so hard
everyone else that I missed I'm sorry and gg

I'm not going to this one since one of norcal kof players is coming down and I'm challenging him to a first to 5 set.

Archimbald

Smash Cadet
It just happens that I have a place to stay in Long Beach. It also happens that place is owned by a Tekken player.

My life has been crazy lately, if I can I'll make it to the event on the 19th!

Charoo

Smash Champion
great!

Next event is nov. 12!

Soem1 get Eddie Mexico a ride!

Eddy 007 said:
sup champ!
when is your next tournament?
12, 19?

I will try to go, but i need to find a ride so im not confirmed . ;)

SUNG475

Smash Ace
LOL THAT'S AS GOOD AS A NO

I'll pick him up if no one else can

//edit// Just realized I have 5...Me, Sherigami, Dendy, Wes, and HugQ. I think Eddy will be bringing friends too? Not sure

Lovage

Smash Hero
def. going to this if eddy mexico's coming

btw anyone need a ride? promising people rides always decreases my flakiness by like 90% (until death traffic occurs on the 101 -.-)

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Hypeeeee. I think 5 + SB players should be coming. New sb faces *a new challenger approaches*

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Wait Wes who's the extra guy? Cause I'm takin me, sherigami, you, hugq, and dendy which is 5 people already

Top Bottom