• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/22 - 1/12 - 2/23 GIGABITS - 3 Melees till a Brawl

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Bluray, TheLaw AND Hozart? ****in' sweet. Haven't seen any of them in ages.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Renth better still be teaming with me. I hope to god that we get the honor of knocking Queenie and SpeedN out of Winner's bracket. It'd be better than watching some other team do it. Like...ninjabox!

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth better still be teaming with me. I hope to god that we get the honor of knocking Queenie and SpeedN out of Winner's bracket. It'd be better than watching some other team do it. Like...ninjabox!
you better be able to old your own =)

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo rx ur avatar is sick

"whadduya sellin?"

this is gay i wanted to stay for singles, but i might not have a chance to do so, ohh wellz i guess ill just have to go for doubles

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

Just a reminder that the more setups we have the more friendly matches, money matches, crew battles, etc. we can have.

So PLEASE bring one if its at all possible that you can.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Noob Testament always holds it down with a setup and this time wont be an exemption.

Blankuser no controller Johns, I'll bring an extra one if you wanna give it a shot, if you like it you can use it for the tourney.

Edit: Double elimination means that they're gonna be two brackets, winner and loser, you stay in winners as long as you dont lose a set out of 3 matches and then you get a second chance in losers bracket (if you lose a set in losers bracket you're eliminated), so if you beat everyone in loser bracket you will eventually play against the person who won the winner bracket. The person who comes from loser bracket will have to win two sets and the one from winner only has to win once to get 1st.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Double elimination means that they're gonna be two brackets, winner and loser, you stay in winners as long as you dont lose a set out of 3 matches and then you get a second chance in losers bracket (if you lose a set in losers bracket you're eliminated), so if you beat everyone in loser bracket you will eventually play against the person who won the winner bracket. The person who comes from loser bracket will have to win two sets and the one from winner only has to win once to get 1st.
Okay so lets say 32 people enter the tourney after the first round 16 people go to the winners bracket and 16 to the losers bracket right??

and if so how will you get the people that lose in the 2nd round in the winners bracket to the losers bracket if its already organized??

get what i mean??

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Okay so lets say 32 people enter the tourney after the first round 16 people go to the winners bracket and 16 to the losers bracket right??

and if so how will you get the people that lose in the 2nd round in the winners bracket to the losers bracket if its already organized??

get what i mean??
People who've lost one match stay in the losers bracket. They don't move to the winners bracket just because they won a match IN the losers bracket. They keep going through the losers bracket until they lose, which means they're out of the tournament, or until the only person left is someone from the winners bracket.

Here's an image of a 32-man double elim bracket.

The middle boxes are the original bracket. The left side is for one-time loser, the right side is for people who haven't lost.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
People who've lost one match stay in the losers bracket. They don't move to the winners bracket just because they won a match IN the losers bracket. They keep going through the losers bracket until they lose, which means they're out of the tournament, or until the only person left is someone from the winners bracket.
ok i think i get it but the pictures too small, any suggestions??

one last thing,

you have the original bracket, lets say i win so i go the winners bracket, then in the next round i lose, where do i go to, against who do i play???

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok i think i get it but the pictures too small, any suggestions??

one last thing,

you have the original bracket, lets say i win so i go the winners bracket, then in the next round i lose, where do i go to, against who do i play???
you should just download tournament maker 2.1 or whatever from downloads.com and make a phony double elim bracket to see how it works. like in the losers bracket they have extra lines connected to the loser bracket for the players from the winners to go to. like if you lose in the 2nd round of winners, you would play someone in the 2nd round of losers bracket. your name just jumps across the bracket to the other side into one of the extra connecting lines. its hard to explain. lol, seriously though, just download tournament maker, and make a fake tourney with some fake names and just start letting people win and lose to see where they all go. that will answer ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!...peace

-hiro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm attempting to increase the # of people at this tournament. Aiming for at least 50.

Top Bottom