• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/22 - 1/12 - 2/23 GIGABITS - 3 Melees till a Brawl

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendo fibbed on Brawl being out in december. Nintendo says you have to have some more Melees before that Brawl and so we shall have them!

Three of them to be exact.

I present to the community the GIGABITS - 3 Melees till a Brawl tournament series!

What?! OMG!!!! 3?

Yes 3!

So heres the run Down:

Dates:

December 22nd, 2007
January 12th, 2008
February 23rd, 2008

All Three will follow the following format!

Format: Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts: 11:30am

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 2pm

-Note For those that haven't been to a Gigabits Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 9pm (depending on how many people show).

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

All four tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

Prizes:

Doubles:

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

Singles:

First Place will receive 50% of singles admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Gigabits (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Lipton Teas, Tropicana producets, and more)
- Bawls
- Monster
- Redbull
- Headshot
- Dominos Personal Pan Pizzas (Gigabits sells 1 topping Dominos personal pan pizzas for 5 dollars including a can of soda).
- Chips (Pringles, Sunchips, Lays Producets)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Doughnuts, Honeybuns, Etc.

Also located just in our Plaza is:

Dominos Pizza
Silver Mine Subs
Anmol Indian Cuisine
Miss Saigon Vietnamese
Lazy Moon Pizza (30 inch pizzas, huge slices run like 3-4 dollars which is awesome)
Jeremiahs Italian Ice
Millie's Jamican Cafe
Great China Chinesse
Fusian Sushi and Japenesse
Broadway Pizza
McDonalds
Bangkok Square Thai and Sushi
El Cerro Mexican

all that just in our plaza and more in the area. Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store.

12243 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL, 32817

Across The Street from UCF in the plaza with McDonalds and the El Cerro Mexican Restaurant. The plaza is called University Shoppes.

Gigabits is in the middle of the plaza next to Miss Saigon Vietnamese and Anmol Indian Cuisine.

Directions:

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.

Go straight down university heading for UCF. Gigabits is in the plaza on the left side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Alafaya Trail. (Across the Street from UCF).

Coming off 408 (toll road)

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and take the next right then again the next immediate right and you will be in Gigabits' Plaza.

See GIGABITS website at www.gigabitslan.com

*NOTE* We need TVs and Cubes to make these tournament go faster! Please post if you can bring either or both!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Yea, I'm probably gonna make it to all three of these... As usual... I'll DEFINITELY gonna do teams if my partner is available. Ares, ready for some more awesome Zelda/Falcon on Rainbow Cruise? I might even be able to stay for singles! I probably will for at least one of these.

freshman

Smash Cadet
I can go to all three of these!

Especially since i place 3rd a lot!

(wink wink)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think me and my crew will be able to go to this one...Hopefully it's during Winter Break for my little brother.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I can go to all three of these!

Especially since i place 3rd a lot!

(wink wink)
Not sure how that logically follows :psycho: And anyway you can't keep complaining about getting third anymore, n00b

Did your newest account get banned too?

freshman

Smash Cadet
good ish GIGABITS on taking other tournies into consideration and changing the date...peace

-hiroshi
the more you know

and knowing is half the battle

friggin HALF. Thats a lot just for knowing something.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone wants to be at all 3 for EPIC Smashing.

Anyone not at these tournaments fails.

Remember guys 3 more melees till a brawl.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
YO GUYS!!! It's been a long time since I have been on these boards and to any smash tournament. I might be showing up to this. Should be fun.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
I should be fine in making it to the first two, but for number three....I'd rather go to Maryland. You should make the February one the 26th of January instead, because you're not gonna have like anybody show otherwise. pound 3 is a little higher profile, and thus it'll be nice to end Melee [for the most part] with a bang. Or at least a Jigglypuff ****ing noise.

Top Bottom