• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Time trials and the rest of the game are very different things; if Mario Kart was just time trials, sure, and I've actually poured an extensive amount of time, especially into Double Dash, of getting excellent TTs.
Unless you're the exact same skill level as someone else, it doesn't come down to items. And you can always agree to play w/o them.

And that actually sounds sexy. @_@
Hit me up on AIM. It's pretty **** hard. I lost to the first boss 10x at least until someone suggested putting Biggs, Wedge, and Terra in the back row.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
See, I wouldn't be cynical if today's standards didn't create games that have no learning curve. Games back in the era of the NES, Genesis, and Super NES tended to be at least moderately difficult if not almost impossible (Ghosts'n'goblins), and I enjoyed that. Now, I'm not against there being easy games; the consumer need something to play. But almost every game nowadays is ridiculously easy or, in the case of multiplayer games, clearly favors the person who is not winning (Mario Kart? Brawl?). Games keep you going with achievements for what used to be considered mere plot continuation (Hey, grats, you watched a cinematic! Here have an achievement). Many of the games that ARE hard (i.e. Fire Emblem) are hard in terms of design flaws; using the given example, I can have perfect strategy and get a bad dice roll that ends up killing me, be it by a miss when I have a 99% chance to hit or being crit when the guy has a 1% chance to do so (inb4inuicontradictingmeonFEbeingpoorlymade).

I'm not the one in the phase, the game community is, what with the recent influx of entitled casuals. When games start having difficulty again, and I have something to master, I won't have any problem with the industry and its standards.

But right now, the standard seems to be games for non-gamers, and that's not a standard I want any game I would play tailored to.
Unnecessary rant. I don't care about your cynicism. Your views are not particularly refreshing. The state of the industry has ALWAYS been a hot topic of debate and ALWAYS will be, regardless of the era. There's ALWAYS an assortment of individuals that feel it necessary to preach about the industry and how much better things used to be, and there ALWAYS will be. Like I said earlier, the cynicism is pointless. It makes people look pretentious, which is silly, considering that video games are just another unimportant luxury in life. It's ashame (for you) that you're apparently having a difficult time experiencing quality gaming this generation. I, however, don't intend to lose sleep over something so trivial. If I stumble across an enjoyable game, cool. If I stumble across a bad game, oh well, I keep it moving. No need to rant.

@ Spam: Which FFVI hardtype hack is that? It reminds me of when I used to mess around with FFVI hacking/patches years ago.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lobos, we'll gladly 5 on 5 crew battle JLB for any amount of money.
Enemy Controller will do the same thing.

But with your crew instead.

And yes, we will use Mew2King, since he's a member of Enemy Controller. He's still a person and chose to be in the crew, so...get *****.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ima bust Anti's *** for pulling that joke to make me give up my seat :mad:

Just kidding man, nice meetin' you today, we g2 chill more.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
thank you too sir :bee:

can't wait to see results for knightmare's tourney.
being sick sucks... did nothing at all today =/
replaying luigi's mansion for the 4th time or so lolll.. haven't played it in over 2 yrs though..... but i don't even have a memory card =(
Play Rayman 2 or 3 sir. We discussed this :). I'll have to loan them to you...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Best ****ing quote ever:

(Inui just won game 2 against Snakeee's ZSS with IKE, making the set 1-1)
Atomsk: THAT'S THAT JUUUUIIIICE

****ing amazing. :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Best ****ing quote ever:

(Inui just won game 2 against Snakeee's ZSS with IKE, making the set 1-1)
Atomsk: THAT'S THAT JUUUUIIIICE

****ing amazing. :D
If this is a true story...

This is a sad day for ZSS mains everywhere.

Zucco

Smash Master
Pretty disappointed in my performance yesterday. not sure what to say really, probably would have done better if they didnt switch my first match but eh whatever(that and the fact that it was 80+ degrees in the venue). no johns though I just suck. I really want to get better, but how far can I actually get with Lucario and ness?

Zucco

Smash Master
that was originally the plan, but all I did last week when I was at brandons was play brawl+. Didn't really get a chance to sit down and learn him properly. There's always this week though.

Top Bottom