• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Raynex posting:

BLUEPEACHY

why aren't you coming? i heard you got ride offers but declined. If money is an issue come and I'lll spot you venue fee so you can chill.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Even with the venue fee, I'd be short. Not by much, but short, nonetheless. ^^; Thank you very much for the offer, RaynEX, you're really cool for that. But if I took your money, it would contradict the reason I said I wouldn't go in the first place.

@Unknown: Hey now, that's not true, I heard he went on par with m2k @ Pound.... then went random on stage selection and got buttf**ked.

Basically, the only way I could get money enough to go now, and by bumming off my siblings, and/or mom... All of which don't have much money, so I don't want to do that to them just so I can go. In truth, I got sick earlier yesterday, and my mom told me she didn't have much money. I have quite a few stomach problems, and IBS. So I spent some of the money I had already.

I don't wanna bum from my bro because he worked two jobs, and is now only working one, and is constantly telling me how hard it is for him to keep up.

My sister treated me to dinner, and gave me busfare for my exams earlier this week, I don't wanna seem like a user, I'm very grateful to her.

Like I said, my mom doesn't have much money, I believe. If the tourney was one week later I'd be able to make it easy, she'd have money then, but... well, she doesn't, so I can't. ^^;

If old rare Pokemon cards were in demand I'd be set. Haha.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Even with the venue fee, I'd be short. Not by much, but short, nonetheless. ^^; Thank you very much for the offer, RaynEX, you're really cool for that. But if I took your money, it would contradict the reason I said I wouldn't go in the first place.

@Unknown: Hey now, that's not true, I heard he went on par with m2k @ Pound.... then went random on stage selection and got buttf**ked.

Basically, the only way I could get money enough to go now, and by bumming off my siblings, and/or mom... All of which don't have much money, so I don't want to do that to them just so I can go. In truth, I got sick earlier yesterday, and my mom told me she didn't have much money. I have quite a few stomach problems, and IBS. So I spent some of the money I had already.

I don't wanna bum from my bro because he worked two jobs, and is now only working one, and is constantly telling me how hard it is for him to keep up.

My sister treated me to dinner, and gave me busfare for my exams earlier this week, I don't wanna seem like a user, I'm very grateful to her.

Like I said, my mom doesn't have much money, I believe. If the tourney was one week later I'd be able to make it easy, she'd have money then, but... well, she doesn't, so I can't. ^^;

If old rare Pokemon cards were in demand I'd be set. Haha.
I wouldn't expect you to owe me back but whatever

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Aight, yall, I just woke up, just got out the shower, bout to leave to pick up peeps in a second, MOSS is saying that he not feeling well so hes not gonna come.

but im still heading out soon.

@ mie yes, we will have the link up asap

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Aight, yall, I just woke up, just got out the shower, bout to leave to pick up peeps in a second, MOSS is saying that he not feeling well so hes not gonna come.
Its probably just nerves but yeah, count me out for this one guys :( sorry

I'd rather not get sick at anytime on the way there, there, or on the way back....and i'd also not wanna be the guy that got everyone sick at a tourney.

i'll be watchin the stream for the most part though if someone can give me a definite link for it even though i thought it was gonna be on cura's stream

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'll be willing to do some MMs if anyone is up for it. I'm already MMing CJT twice (we said $2, 2-o-3 right?) and hopefully rematching Goggles (I'll probably do traditional $5, but if I'm not feeling it I WILL chicken out).

People I must fight as soon as they arrive:
Bcb: Wario & Ness. How good are you at Melee? I've been playing a bit and would like to fight someone who wont straight up extirpate me XD
Sharky: For some reason, fighting your Yoshi gets me so hyped that I play better the whole day
CJT: MMs at once, son
San: If he shows, not sure
Alt: We need me not killing you practice. I was NOT a good teammate last time.

Good Luck everybody. I'd like to say I've gotten better, but I'm honestly not sure XD.

Foy

Smash Champion

but im still heading out soon.

@ mie yes, we will have the link up asap
Hopefully we can have a live stream or melee and brawl. if Cura wants to livestream brawl and me melee.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I'm up for friendlies, and 13370, you forgot me, I might not be that great, but I've improved my Charizard a lot in the past week and really want to try him on some tournament players.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

Worst ****ing tournament ever. Came all the way from Canada for utter ****. Waste of time, waste of money, waste of a weekend. Don't expect my car to come back.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Two things.

1. I wish I could've entered brawl, but melee was still pretty fun. I'm maining Doc, now. Doc's done better than my Falco and Ganon together.

2. I'm sorry, Goggles, that I forgot to let you run the sd card on your brawl setup. I left before brawl doubles started, and... I should've notified you but forgot.

I'll post more when the results thread is up.

Sharky

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Worst ****ing tournament ever. Came all the way from Canada for utter ****. Waste of time, waste of money, waste of a weekend. Don't expect my car to come back.
dude, I hope you realize there was nothing we could have done to prevent what happened with the first venue, right? I personally think we did a really good job of handling it, and my most sincere apologies go out to everyone, especially DMBrandon for us not telling them EAST Syracuse. But seriously, when you look at the ****ty luck we got, and the extremity of the new venue's generosity, I hope you don't come back if that's what you're going to say about it.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

I understand where your coming from with the old venue and getting a new venue.

But come on 9/10s of the day was dedicated to melee and the TO was mostly a brawl player. Not to mention 3 copies of Brawl where stolen plus a wii. It was probably someone who left early to. . .

I mean yeah the venue could have been better. But have you organized a tournament? I'm not going to even check if you have, because if you ever have you probably know what a pain in the *** it is. ( I believe someone from your area is considering someone from canada posted how they want people from our area(s) to come to your tournament.

First if we had gotten a legit venue, Bry would have had to invest a considerable amount of money to get the venue. What happens if the people who say they are going to show don't show?

Plus the fact that people are stingy with their setups, and I don't blame them considering what happened today.

Also a lot of the **** with the melee taking forever was because people kept leaving and then we'd have to wait around for people to show.

Brawl singles went waaay faster then meelee singles, I wonder why.

Again, I can understand the complaints about the venue changes/quality of the venue.

But getting a legit venue cost money, and its a risk to put money into a venue then having a bunch of people no show.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Shoutouts and other comments to come tomorrow I have a headache. -_-'

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh oh oh oh do I get to infract if they shoutout in this thread and not the results one? :D

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
GUYS sanuzi retracts that statement. he told me at the tournament already so just disregard that!

good stuff today everyone i will await the results thread

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Brawl singles went waaay faster then meelee singles, I wonder why.
Nobody can say "'cuz there were more Melee guyz dan barwl" There were only 6 more Melee players than Brawl players there.

[/insurance]

Someone post results, I wanna shoutout!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I want to see the results thread. And I better not see FOX next to my name bc I didn't use him in singles once and I only used him in doubles twice the entire time.

sooo... falcon only. and remove the FOX next to my name on the PR

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im not gonna lie here, not blaming anybody and not pushing fault on people, but yesterday was just an awful tournament, the people that were in my car, I told them it was a zelda tier tourney experience for me. it doesnt even matter which game, cus shes terrible in both.

i love tourneys, and I was super happy to see everyone again. but man, it was terrible. nobody's fault, it just is what it is

Power went out because of too many setups, couldnt get it back on; therefore we had to switch venues.
technically this is untrue. after we had packed all the setups back into their respective cars, we actually did get the power back on. but by that time, everyone was already just about to leave, and bry just decided that he didnt want to risk killing these peoples house again and it would just be better off letting everyone go to the new venue since thats what we had already decided.

I think it was better off that way too, since the new place had light and heat.

lastly people who steal are douchebags and I hope they die in a fire..

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Other people still see it and make judgements. And I helped goggles make it, and it's based mostly off of tournament results with point reward system with some adjustments because there aren't many tournaments where we are all at.

EDIT: Goggles are you kidding me? **** you. Care to explain why?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Our PR is Bull****, made by Goggles, with no input from vastly superior players. Don't even concern yourself with it.

its actually quite hilarious that you say this, because I actually had minimal input in the melee PR, the majority of that was made by mana himself.

But if you dont think mana is "vastly superior" to me after ME AND NEIL STOMPED HIM AND JESSE OUT IN TEAMS, than I can understand that train of thought too.

its actually amazingly funny both ways.

EDIT: explain why what?
ill be happy to explain anything you need clarification on...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I beat you in every singles game we've ever played goggles. And frankly I can barely remember you hitting me once in doubles you scrub *** piece of ****. You're useless. If anything you just hurt our community.

Top Bottom