• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Never seen so much discussion about diet before. I personally have a laundry list of food allergies so I don't count on wherever I go to provide food that I'll be able to handle. I plan for my own meals or at least always keep that option available. If you have so many special needs I don't see why you wouldn't do the same. *boggle*

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i just found out i'm free on sunday, which begs the question: if i only want to come watch singles on sunday do i still have to pay the $60 spec fee at the door or will there be some sort of reduced fee? i read the OP and didnt see this info listed. also i realize this would eff up your food count and stuff but i wont need to eat at the venue as i can drive and retrieve some food myself. TIA.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
okay

i just found out i'm free on sunday, which begs the question: if i only want to come watch singles on sunday do i still have to pay the $60 spec fee at the door or will there be some sort of reduced fee? i read the OP and didnt see this info listed. also i realize this would eff up your food count and stuff but i wont need to eat at the venue as i can drive and retrieve some food myself. TIA.
if you arent going to each the food and just want to come to watch, you need to one identify yourself at the venue to one of the staff: better if u contact me, ken or arash: tell us who you are and pay one of us 30 dollars for your entry.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
wait wut

if we're already registered do we have to come to friday's registration?

me dumb

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I’ve been keeping up with this thread but I’m not sure whether someone already asked this or not. I looked at the schedule, and saw that registration begins late in the afternoon on Friday, how come? What time will we be allowed to be at the venue if registration starts so late? Last year if I remember correctly, everything started early in the morning. If we had more time we could have a character crew battle after normal crews.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yes

if we're already registered do we have to come to friday's registration?

me dumb
you have to show up to pay us your entry fee and for us to get you down into our system. We also have to give you your meal tickets and wristbands so yes show up.

ultra I see your concern, but listen we had a staff meeting today and we took care of everything. We will post a schedule for guys like you soon, meaning people who want to know how the schedule is like =). Everyone of we staff are excited.

I would also like to congratulate zijin on winning the banner contest. He will have first shot at bombsoldier and get a recorded match on the first day. Once again congrats. It was a close battle between milk teas banner and zijin. Milk tea lost by one vote i think. Zijin won her by one point in creativity.

The judges were: rickety, me, ken , arash, helen, boss, kira

and by unanimous decision zijin won. !!!!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been keeping up with this thread but I’m not sure whether someone already asked this or not. I looked at the schedule, and saw that registration begins late in the afternoon on Friday, how come? What time will we be allowed to be at the venue if registration starts so late? Last year if I remember correctly, everything started early in the morning. If we had more time we could have a character crew battle after normal crews.
That would make more sense.

Atlus8

Smash Master
THE WINNER OF THE BANNER CONTEST IS ZJIIN ! ( 3 VOTES ) HONORABLE MENTION TO MILKTEA ( 2 VOTES ), ZOAP ( 1 VOTE ), AND ATLUS8 ( 1 VOTE )
Well alright! Glad someone appreciates my banner. ( I hope it wasn't out of pity though.):)

Also, one of the phone numbers from the first page doesn't have a name next to it . . . I'm guessing that it belongs to Mana.

Zeron

Smash Apprentice
Huh..expulsion for having a modded controller. Does having the cap of the control stick ripped off count as being modded. :o
Also, why is recording matches and what not against the rules? :o

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

Huh..expulsion for having a modded controller. Does having the cap of the control stick ripped off count as being modded. :o
Also, why is recording matches and what not against the rules? :o
no having the cap off a controller does not mean its modded. Modded was listed as short hop mod and l trigger.

And yes recording is against the rules during the tournament. NO camcorders as ive mentioned number occasions due to the owners merchandise being recorded. We will allow personal records before the tournament in a designated area with vcr only. Scroll back a couple pages for the entire list of why camcorders arent allowed or digital cameras with the record function. We will go through this once again at the venue. Thats if you are planning to go.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Updates

Alright to all you t shirt buyers out there which do you prefer:

Regular , meaning not digitally enhanced

digital enhancement

the oc3 t shirt is almost done but heres a luigi and mario updates anyways. I got about 3 characters left. Few minor updates: made game and watch visible , re did popo and other little details.

a-mar

Smash Cadet
shirts look great!!!

hey was it ever decided about regular crews or character crews??
i just looked on the thread and there isn't even anyone signed up for DK??

Darkmusician

Smash Master
The T-shirts looks so pro! I'd go with either digital or not. Both look noice!

Ken
Team Hawaii will be more than happy to open up our shower to any smashers that would like to cleanse themselves. lolz A clean smasher is a happy smasher imo. =) And if you want we'll have a cube in the room so people can play some friendlies with us while waiting in line. ^_____^ I tried to IM this to you but you were away so I'm just making sure. Just let me know when we have to be awake and open the room for you and stuff. Idk bout my team mates but you can count on me to help out 100%.

And we still need to pokebattle ken. =w= I definately need to find a wifi connection closer to home. :3 If not now, then definately at 0c3. That means you too Rickety!!! <3

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

<3 hawaii thats pretty nice.

IM SO PUMPED FOR OC3
i think everyones pump, hey rofl is teba going? I dont think he registered.

5 days left guys, canadians arrive tonight and vidjo arrives early morning, omfg!!!! OC300

also dark musician what do u think is better the digitally enhanced or the regular. I know the regular one has just details. But dont u think the digitally enhanced is better ? like its smoother.

nublet06

Smash Lord
no it looks like it will only be

ROFL, Aesis, Emerican, Creepy Fingers.

we are still fighting with BoA's parents but it doesnt look good.

Petoo0 Jizzanator are trying to get the money together and we are gonna see if we can help them out with money or something but it doesnt look good for them either.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Also as a respect to his privacy, meaning his strategies please do not go to your friends and discuss how you can beat bombsoldier in the tournament after playing him a couple of matches. You can learn how to fight him yourself but do not try to form some group discussing what he does so when the time pc chris plays him people are trying to give pc chris tips or something. This happens a lot, if it does at oc3. I am going to make playing bombsoldier private meaning the audience will not be able to watch just the player and bombsoldier. So respect these rules please. I will be more clear at the event.
Lol, your paying for one match vs him, who really cares if somebody tells you some tips? Your really paranoid about this.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i think everyones pump, hey rofl is teba going? I dont think he registered.

5 days left guys, canadians arrive tonight and vidjo arrives early morning, omfg!!!! OC300

also dark musician what do u think is better the digitally enhanced or the regular. I know the regular one has just details. But dont u think the digitally enhanced is better ? like its smoother.
Mmmmm...yeah. I like the digitally enhanced one better. Smoother is better. =)

Will we be ordering them like now or at the event? And will there be any posters or banners? So much to do!!! So many pros to play!!! <3

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Lol, your paying for one match vs him, who really cares if somebody tells you some tips? Your really paranoid about this.
not really paranoid just to respect his own privacy. Think about it like this if you flew all the way from japan and u actually played someone. Then they gather around and form formulas to beat you one guy to the next after awhile it gets annoying. Even if you are paying atleast show some respect.

our customs here in america and japan are totally different. He would probably say no more mana if he saw that crap going on. Then people in line would just not get a chance to play him, would you prefer that or just to be safe have respect, let him have a good time and more people can try a shot at him?

im here as a host to show people what to expect, and you calling me paranoid is just premeasurements to preventing something from happening.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
How would BS understand what we're saying? If BS speaks English, I retract my query. >.>

I can't wait to go to this thing, STB is leaving Wednesday morning, Cali is going to be a BLAST!!!

a-mar

Smash Cadet
our customs here in america and japan are totally different. He would probably say no more mana if he saw that crap going on. Then people in line would just not get a chance to play him, would you prefer that or just to be safe have respect, let him have a good time and more people can try a shot at him?

QUOTE]

i really dont seehow that is very much different than in america??
i'm shure plenty of american pros would get fu%$ing pissed if they saw that happen to there playstyles!!

a quick question??

can we request a certian character (his G&W is ungodly)
or is it just whatever he is fealing??

Zjiin

Smash Master
I would also like to congratulate zijin on winning the banner contest. He will have first shot at bombsoldier and get a recorded match on the first day. Once again congrats. It was a close battle between milk teas banner and zijin. Milk tea lost by one vote i think. Zijin won her by one point in creativity.

The judges were: rickety, me, ken , arash, helen, boss, kira

and by unanimous decision zijin won. !!!!
lol, i'll be sure to tell Zijin that he won, haha. (they made the same mistake at For Cash, probably from having too many dotted letters in it)

Wow, what good news to counter the pools i had to deal with at FC, heh. I talked to Milktea, and she told me how she tought i would probably win by one vote. :ohwell: I'd like to thank the little people for making this happen: my fingers, my Logitech mouse, and Adobe for making me look talented! I look forward to trying not to get 4-stocked!

5 days and counting!

[EDIT] I'm sure the judges didn't notice, but my lil' Marth is saying OC3.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I know he's staff and therefore cannot win, but AzN_Lep has the best banner...

"Bombsoldier sidestepped! Mindgames son!" TOO GOOD!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

QUOTE]

i really dont seehow that is very much different than in america??
i'm shure plenty of american pros would get fu%$ing pissed if they saw that happen to there playstyles!!

a quick question??

can we request a certian character (his G&W is ungodly)
or is it just whatever he is fealing??
im taking precautionarys because of last year at oc2, where some smashers i wont give out names, were dancing after they beat some of them. The japanese took this to offense. This year if bombsoldier does go all the way to america, and people start developing groups just to talk about how to beat him and give strategies to other people its really disrespectful not in terms of competitive play, but to how they do it in japan where its player vs player skills not, everyone get together and lets find ways to study him like a test subject. So hopefully you get my point. AS for character request against him im sure hell play any character.

lets just hope he shows, his tickets are ready. All he has to do is board his flight. He has till tuesday and arrives wednesday.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
housing in general does, but not at the venue
you're staying at a hotel so shut up

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Oh heck yeah! I like Zjin's banner the best too. Congratulations.

I just want to remind all Smashers to please bring extra deodorant and perhaps some body spray. Oh! And chew gum too because I have issues with people with bad breathe. And NO! Smelling like sh** is not a tactic to help you win your matches.

Mars-

Smash Champion
not really paranoid just to respect his own privacy. Think about it like this if you flew all the way from japan and u actually played someone. Then they gather around and form formulas to beat you one guy to the next after awhile it gets annoying. Even if you are paying atleast show some respect.

im here as a host to show people what to expect, and you calling me paranoid is just premeasurements to preventing something from happening.
I guess thats understandable, but I still stand by my opinion, because if BS is really good, he should be able to take on people even if they are discussing strategy. And he is getting free money just for playing with somebody.:laugh:
lol, i'll be sure to tell Zijin that he won, haha. (they made the same mistake at For Cash, probably from having too many dotted letters in it)
Oh heck yeah! I like Zjin's banner the best too. Congratulations.
Who the **** is Zjin?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
We need to know who's vegetarian/vegan/ don't eat meat TO PM me or POST saying they are! It'll help us to get a head count to get food for them.
I don't eat animal products (eggs, dairy, fish, pig, cow, etc). Other than that, I'm not picky.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone maybe house 5 of us?

Mango
Lukcy
Dannimals
Its Dayyyyyyyyvid aka DC
& myself.

I'd definately would like a shower =]

Btw, anyone out of staters interested going to Disney, the Magical kingdom & happiest place on earth?
Me & Danimals can help get u in if anyone was interested

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ken, my PM thing being stupid and I can't send PM's. Basically I'm posting this to let you know that you forgot to include me in the people getting picked up that are arriving via bus. Dieslow, Gamepro, Robbie, and myself are all needing to get picked up by Arash I guess?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
im suprised

this year we specifically told people to come in by flight to those designated areas on the front page meaning lax , long beach, sna, but now a lot of people are comming by bus.

As well as housing goes we offered 3 days but people still ask us to get them housing when its not our responsibility.

Smashers are a handful -_-.

Luckily the Oc3 staff is ready to handle all tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom