• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Pool 29:
Knivez
m00gleDUDE
SideFX
SNKE
PsychoMidget
HugQ
DarkMike
Firefly
VANS
DD Purin

HugQ, PsychoMidget, m00gledude, and Knivez are like all from SoCal :D

manacloud1

Smash Champion
ive mention this

alright guys we will try to do it once more and actually fix those who havent been added.

As for separation of all your friends, its ridiculous for us to do this. People are going to keep wanting to dodge the good players in their heads no matter what. So stop asking us blah blah is from utah and im his friend. This is the first rounds of pools meaning, chances are if you cannot beat everyone else in your pool then you shouldnt advance. Every pool has someone good and someone bad. If everyone in each pool complained to us about their friends then this tournament will take forever to complete. Like i said ill go through this one more time with arash , but the next list will be finalize unless we didnt put someone in like drephen again and we will add them and then keep updating the list on the day of the tournament when everyones there.

also the typos must be from helen or arash getting tired from typing 300 names. Only if tio could take in individual lines of a txt document and add it to the list in tio itself so people dont have to type name then click add, its way too tedious.

well just an idea.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Ken, put a link to the inventory thread on the first page. It will draw more attention and there is new info on there for people to see. Thanks.

ps. i was at some girls house last night, she answered my phone. I'll call u later, everything is going well w/ inventory though. c ya.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but I can't make it to this. Please cross me off Pool 1...
One more thing: Why is Amsah second in his pool? Like, the best player in Europe doesn't deserve top seed?

TAK$

Smash Ace
Yeaaaah i dunno whats gonna happen with me lolz >.> I'm gonna be heading out to the airport in a few hours, probly gonna stay with my family up there till like thursday or wendsday and try to make it down, there HAS to be some way i can make it down there without having to buy another ticket, but if worse comes to worse i may be able to squeeze out enough money to fly there.

well if i dont make it down ima wish my homiez chudatz, meep, and kaiser luck, you guyz got this **** so win it all for md/va!!! I'll prob see you guys at evo west if i dont make it to oc3 and you're going, since my brother should be back by then and we can drive there.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
people keep asking so ill explain

So Captain Jack isn't coming, just Bombsoldier? Any other Japanese players?
the only japanese that are going to make it is bs and his bro.

Why is everyone asking why arent more japanese players making it?
simple.

nobody doesnt want to donate. Japanese need donations.
a lot of people dont even want to donate after bombsoldier is here in real life just to get a match off of him.

This year people in the community failed to help us bring more. So this is all we got.

amsah is 2nd seed? The pools are listed top down by seeds everyone is placed in a pool and the names can be arranged however. Meaning in the first batch of pools tio did randomizing and did that to amsah.

nublet06

Smash Lord
seeding means nothing for first round of pools. what would being at the top of the list do for you? the only reason they do seed is to keep the really good players from beating eachother......or from having 4 really good players in a pool and no1 else gets out of first round.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Pool 29:
Knivez
m00gleDUDE
SideFX
SNKE
PsychoMidget
HugQ
DarkMike
Firefly
VANS
DD Purin

HugQ, PsychoMidget, m00gledude, and Knivez are like all from SoCal :D

me, DarkMike, VANS, and SNKE are all from norcal as well. but.. i never play them it doesnt matter in my situation if they are in the pool

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
* Brackets
o Singles: players will be randomly assigned into 32 pools. Each player will play round-robin games against all other players in his/her pool. The four players with the best record in each pool will advance to a 128-man double-elimination bracket.

you should probly delete that from the first page.
oh gee thanks, a simple "PM would be nice" but it's too late now. However this might change, it is a tenative schedule.

You guys might wanna wait on doing pools until Saturday or whenever singles start. There's gonna be a lot of people who don't come despite registering, and obviously a couple people were missed during the first assignment stage. tio (if you use it) can print off pool sheets for ya. Just a suggestion :).

I'm gonna try and drop by on Saturday to see everyone. It's the only day I have off from work, so I can't come for the whole tournament :(.
yes we are using Tio, might I add there were lots of problems yesterday, involving crashes, people getting deleted when clearly added, etc. "**** TIO"

anyways I think we have it all under control, so no need to worry. We will try to fix the mistakes tonight, since, yes we are all indeed busy with airport pick ups today. Please wait until tonight, thank you for your patience.

araknophobik

Smash Master
so why isn't teams before crews?
i would think it would be very difficult to put together crews on the spot..being that everybody would barely be running into everybody else. as for teams, most people will already have partners

i was glad that crews happened on friday and not thursday at fc, because i got to know people thursday and form a crew. Ill be much more fortunate this time around since its my turf =]

tc1

Smash Lord
Ok.. i wasnt sure where to ask/post this, so i posted and pm'd ken,

We (4 members of FTA) are arriving at LAX amtrak station 1 day before the tournament begins (Thursday) will we need to find our own housing or will we be able to be housed by some cool socal smashers untill friday, I'll really need to know before wed thx to whoever can help, and if no one can help I'll need exact directions to the venue, i don't exactly know how to navigate through socal, so whoever can help us with Pick up or housing will be extremely appreciated thx to whoever decides to help..

~ Jon

SK92

Smash Journeyman
i like my pool #22 i hope that i don't get moved around into another pool due to all of the complaining of people being with friends and stuff.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
where will we meet at the airport for those who are getting picked up.

arash will be picking me germ and bobby up, but where at LAX are we to meet with him. any designated area? or just pickup area infront of our airline gate.
This question good is. I haven't even been told who's picking me up, just that I will be. It would be best if I knew who to look for. :laugh:

Still looking for a teammate btw...this is going to be ****ing great.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I am also looking for a teammate. Despite my dislike for teaming with someone who i don't know and without knowing how good they are, I'd like to team with someone new for this one. It's OC3, so i'm here to have a good time. Also, i need a partner that believes we are gonna make it out of pools. (i've had my run-ins with bad teamamtes before:urg:)

[EDIT] found one. see you all there!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Question: Frotaz (from my area / crew if we were going to have one) can't make it down, even though he's signed up. Is it cool if someone else (Valis) takes his place? We're still using that registry slot, he'll still play in the same pool as Frotaz was going to, it's just this way Valis doesn't have to pay $100 at the door, and you don't have to reconfigure the pool Frotaz was in since Valis would be taking over...is that cool?

Arash

Smash Lord
pools will probably updated by midnight since we're all busy atm, but apologies for those who got put in pools with their friends, it'll be fixed.

rofl, that was copy/pasted from the OC2 page, so i wouldn't take that too seriously, esp the bit about the 128 man bracket

fabian, crews is first because it is more likely to be finished friday, teams will most likely take up all of saturday

ken mentioned this yesterday, but the order in which the players appear in pools is NOT indicative of how good they are compared to the rest of the pool....

and if you're getting picked up at the airport, it'll likely be at the gate when you arrive... if something goes wrong, feel free to call any of the numbers listed on the first post, and we'll sort things out as efficiently as possible. we'll also all be holding OC3 signs, so we shouldn't be that hard to find.

that should do for now, back to work for me:(

manacloud1

Smash Champion
kokichi

Question: Frotaz (from my area / crew if we were going to have one) can't make it down, even though he's signed up. Is it cool if someone else (Valis) takes his place? We're still using that registry slot, he'll still play in the same pool as Frotaz was going to, it's just this way Valis doesn't have to pay $100 at the door, and you don't have to reconfigure the pool Frotaz was in since Valis would be taking over...is that cool?
we have been through this once before. Just because frotaz signed up and isnt going doesnt make it an excuse that valis didnt sign up. Frotaz could have signed up for valis as well. However now that frotaz isnt going it doesnt mean valis can take his place just to save 25 dollars .hell have to pay the 100 to enter. its as simple as that. That applies to everyone who is also deciding to go. Registration was up for months, we have constantly reminded people in this thread and in other threads.

I dont want any excuses and so does the rest of the staff. We made it clear and simple and the registration deadline is over.

sk92 i know your excited for oc3 and all but can you keep your excessive spam of 10 more days till oc3 to all the way down to 1 more day to oc3 down? We need this thread to be clear of useless post that doesnt have anything to do with questions or the tournament info. We dont want to search through spams.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
The 2 Europeans, Tonberry and Amsah (so that's Nihonjin, for anyone who didn't know yet), won't be coming (****it >_>). So you can remove them from their pouls.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
My bad manacloud its just exciting to be 15 years old and be able to go out of state for a smash tournament like 0C3, but ill stop with the spamming.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Umm excuse me but I signed up and I do not see my name on the pools. Does this mean I have to pay the full door price?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
some people were accidentally not typed in like residentwaffle, but you did register and you can pay $75 instead of $100

araknophobik

Smash Master
haha i looked at vids for those in my pools at fc
but not this time around, because i know what both lunin and sk92 are capable of

haha i wouldn't pay much attention to those vids, unless you find any of me from FC
im willing to put wagers on our set lunin, as long as sk92 puts a bet on our set as well

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
some people were accidentally not typed in like residentwaffle, but you did register and you can pay $75 instead of $100
Cool but will there be a modified pools list with me in it? If you do make sure not to put me in the same pool as Nes, Fly Leaf and DEHF.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm not in the pools and I registered. You can find me on page 3 of the registration list.

edit: oh, i guess other people have the problem. sorry for the spam

SK92

Smash Journeyman
haha i looked at vids for those in my pools at fc
but not this time around, because i know what both lunin and sk92 are capable of

haha i wouldn't pay much attention to those vids, unless you find any of me from FC
im willing to put wagers on our set lunin, as long as sk92 puts a bet on our set as well
i wouldn't back down on that challenge.
Money match on the set it is!

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i didn't see this answered anywhere but I know the crew battles are going to be 5 man crews. Could we have crews with more than 5 people and have substitutes? Of course a crew with more people would have a greater pot split if they won, but is it allowed?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
we only have 6 crew medals so if a 10 man crew wins, 4 people don't get medals:(

it'll likely be a certain number of stock per crew though, something like 20 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom