• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

01/06/07 Orlando, FL - GIGABITS - Smashing into 07

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
god. if everyone seriously starts wtih that nonsense i will really quit this game. camping is just a compensation of someone's lack of skill level. camping=no mindgames. hoppe you ******s dont' encourage this recent camping movement.
Dude, i saw what happened to that one guy on the computer after he messed with diego i dont suggest it. No kind of loss is as bad as being knocked the **** out mid-game and waking up realizing you just got 4 stocked.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo...queen is the best...he doesnt put me down after all i said...instead he comes down to my level and really makes me think i could be good....mad props for dat...

and skrath...we pretty much play the same...we just run back and forth and wait for the other guy to make the 1st move so we can than react and punish them...so u camp too noob...heheh....XD

and d21...thanxs for agreeing that i suck...ur the 1st person who actually agrees that i suck...u said camping is a compensation for a lack of skill..and i am a camping *****...so therefore...i suck...but it depends..if i am 1234567890% sure i am gonna win...then i wont camp...i'll just go for the aggressive 4 stock....peace

-hiroshi
the worst fl smasher

CHawk

Smash Cadet
Hmm... A comment to Hiroshi.. If you're the "worst" smasher in fla... What does that make me if, you nearly 4 stocked me w/ pikachu.. I think I was probably using Sheik or Roy... C'mon Pimp, you already know you're good no need to act that way.. Just train some more w/ uuaa and vericz, and you'll be back to pwning in no time.. Oh yea, when do you and Vericz want to play again? I'm looking for ward to seeing how my Adv. Techs have increased... So far I've been doing what you said about the Wavedashing practicing all the way across stage, and I got it for the most part.. I often get that lil air dodge animation, but its to a point that when I use Mario all I hear is "Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoo hoo" from the wavedash, and all I see is that "ground-land smoke animation"... But hey, holla @ me when you get the chance... Wish I was there to see some good falcos.. I never knew falco was so nice, he kinda reminds me of the Fox from SSB..

*Puckers lip* They downgraded luigi's Smash+Up B.. I'm so used to hitting the legendary drill down into smash+up B.. That "Scream-noise" has to be one of the best things I've ever heard in SSB... OMG the memories of fighting on Link's stage in SSb... NOOOOOOOOOO!!! What have you done Hiroshi?!?!? How Could Yoooouuuu?!?!?!

Oh yea, a side note.. The way I type isn't mimicking you as you stated to someone in an earlier post, I've alwayz typed like this for some reason..

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Diego...preach it bro...

I for one, am against camping all the way...and if anybody calls my style campy, they have lost their mind...

derf

Smash Ace
aight:

josh--l2p n00b
darrel--i saw some vid or something where zelda tortures falcon by using only dash attack and grab much like how peach fights falcon. it might be worth a try. and yes aniki is broken
mib--should have invested in ibm

skrach--thanks for the fest youre mad cool. if sheik camps with tilts run up and down tilt (or run up and shield grab)
colin--getting better. youre varying your rhythm more now its making you mad tough
hiro--dude i DO think youre getting better. and you played darrel tough so theres evidence to the fact. it was talking to exarch and we agreed if you dont play a space animal, theres a lot longer learning curve for this game
doppleganger--i just need to point out you did the most ******** like 0 to 90 combo on me in our first match and if it wasnt a tourney match i would have stopped and been like ****. also peach ***** falcon on corneria and if you wanted to go neutral fd is good.
juib = master of invisible ceiling glitch

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

otru - there's a funny story behind my gay camping, actually. Two gigabits tournaments ago, you actually counterpicked Corneria on my Jiggs and beat me because I couldn't get past the wallteching, so I actually vowed, that if I ever played a Fox who counterpicked Corneria on me again, I would just never go down to the part where you can tech, and wait for you to come up to me, so that's what I did. The only thing I didn't take into consideration was the possibility that you would ALSO camp. So, it became:

Otru: "I'm not going up there you know."
Me: -Jigglypuff Taunt-

x100.

And again, my bad. I would have liked to avoid doing it, but it was a strategy I'd decided on a month and a half ago, and was going to stick to it.

Now that that's taken care of...

Juib - For having the greatest Luigi ditto of all time with Derf (6 Invisible ceiling glitches in one game, and 4 in one stock!) and for carrying my noob *** in teams.

Dop - For owning my Marth with Peach (I knew I should have picked Jiggs, I demand a rematch!)

D21 - For a ton of great friendlies. You guys would have beaten me and Juib in the doubles had he not unleashed his Luigi fury.

Hiroshi - You kick ***, despite what you say about yourself.

Don't Blink - Your fox destroyed me. :(

That guy who plays MewTwo - **** son. ****.

Hozart - Wish I would have played some friendlies with you. I'll have to get you next tme.

Again, I had a great time, and can't wait for the next one.

Dop

Smash Journeyman
hey thanks for the tips derf

sometimes when no ones looking i like to wish that you wished that i was wishing about your wish.

sometimes.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
derf...thanx for the comment...i guess it helps....and da fact dat u said if u play nebody besides space animals u will have a longerlearning cuve...helps...its an actuall reasoning behind why its taking me so long to catch up to a lot of the better guys...but its weird how i only get mad half the time...like when i get pwned by phanna..i dont care at all...i just laugh about how bad i just got pwned..and chawk...i guess we culd play again...we gotta train u up so we can finally get another crew member...peace

-hiroshi
possibly the worst fl smasher?

Pritch

Smash Lord
doppleganger--i just need to point out you did the most ******** like 0 to 90 combo on me in our first match and if it wasnt a tourney match i would have stopped and been like ****. also peach ***** falcon on corneria and if you wanted to go neutral fd is good.
MikeG told me he religiously bans fd vs falcons. You just get comboed so easily there. I'd think you'd be doing the falcon a favor taking him there.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Funny thing is, i took darkrain to FD too in the brackets. Almost got 4 stocked, and everywhere else we were even. I told MikeG before his set "Ban FD and you should be fine." He forgot *sad face*

corneria against falcon though, FoD is supposed to be good. FD is good on the assumption that falcon doesn't get back on, cause he needs the platforms to recover right. I'll still counterpick any falcon on FD-even if i do get ***** it's still fun...

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Ted: lol all u need to do is to also tech, u know the wall is there for both of us to our advantage (instead of n00b gay campin)... hmmm but i hope i get to play u again cuz now im not gonna waste any matches with sheik its gonna b str8 up fox since the beginning, i cant wait.

ask anyone, campin is really bad for ur game since it hinders ur skills to further improvement

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It's gay as hell... dishonorable as ****, I sure wouldn't do it...

BUT it is legit. I haven't played any effective campers so that may be clouding my judgement a little, but if you gotta be gay you gotta be gay.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Fighting a camper is pretty tedious and boring. I'd say the most important thing when fighting a camper is to make an effort to not get frustrated. When frustrated it's a lot easier to make simple mistakes (leading to more frustration, pretty much an endless loop). This adds to the effectiveness of their camping. Not only are they using a minimal skill set to get what they want done, but they've also made you play worse.

It's a "good" strategy, but pretty dirty in my opinion. Most of my friends outside of the smashboards community pretty much revolve their whole game around camping, so I'm pretty used to it.

It sucks to fight against and isn't really fun, but it's part of the game. I wouldn't suggest doing it if you're trying to get better since there are plenty of other skills to work on. But if you are fighting someone a lot weaker than you and it guarantees you the win, oh well ... :/

derf

Smash Ace
fighting campers is easy if you play a fast character. people who camp with projectiles are tougher. but if youre just getting dd grabbed or wavedashed back youre letting people bait you. people who just dashdance camp are only slightly harded to fight then people who just spam attacks. you have to mix it up and catch people off balance. try reading people's patterns

Dop

Smash Journeyman
good looking out exarch and pritch.

i can feel the peach love in this air that i breathe as it becomes apart of me.
thats pretty much like sex.
kinda.

CHawk

Smash Cadet
Hmm.. Camping.. If I'm thinking right, it's when your opponent stays at a distance and waits for you to come so they can counter... I guess I can agree on the idea of camping.. But to be honest, camping should be quite easy to get past.. I say just use mind games, and make em jump.. But hey that's just me..

LoL @ Zoro's earlier post.. You say I better join WATO, so you can have someone worse than you.. Oh yea Hiroshi, just let me know when you want to play again.. This weekend is open for me, I'm not doing anything.. I wonder, if I were to join WATO.. Should I make a nice signature w/ the characters used by each character.. I'm getting ready to work on a signature for myself anyway...

EDIT: How you like my new signature? Been working on it for a few weeks..

CHawk

Smash Cadet
Lol @ DF

All this camping, but no tent? :)
Skrach gonna smash someone's head into the pavement?
Is SSBM now a part of reality?
Hmm.. Maybe I should stay inside for a while, wouldn't want somebody riding by in a Falcon Ship throwing Green and Red Shells, followed by various other projectiles..

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol queen, you camp a whole bunch. All you did in Momaid 1 was camp, thats why I spammed you.

The only time I ever camp in tournament is if the person I'm fighting is camping.

As in just standing near the lede trying to get a gay kill like what you were trying to do, lol.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Lol queen, you camp a whole bunch. All you did in Momaid 1 was camp, thats why I spammed you.

The only time I ever camp in tournament is if the person I'm fighting is camping.

As in just standing near the lede trying to get a gay kill like what you were trying to do, lol.
LOL that is so true, $mashmac and I are laughing it up. :chuckle: :laugh:

Vijin

Smash Ace
Hiroshi man, you're getting better, and I can definitely notice it. I couldn't even take you in the friendlies we had. But seriously, have some confidence. If you lose, don't complain, make johns, or whatever, because nobody likes to listen to it. Instead, go home and train for the next tournament.

Anyway, even though I'm posting late, it was a fun tourney overall, even though Melbourne missed half of it. It's always great seeing the old faces, and it seems like new and top tier players show up every friggin' time! We've got our own place now, so maybe we can bribe some of you guys to drive to US for once for a smash fest:p

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF @ claiming all I did was camp, you camped me because you kept missing your L-cancels, then I'd shield grab you and **** you...believe it or not, BY THE LEDGE...because all you'd do is miss L-cancels and get shield grabbed then I'd tech follow the **** out of you with down throw which brought you towards the ledge whether you liked it or not!!!

It only seemed like I stayed near it because everytime you knocked me too far to combo/off the stage and missed your edge guard, you lasered me into submission...how can I move when I'm being lasered 500 times a second (exaggeration) and you don't even approach me???

I had to always approach you once you realized that you were gonna keep missing your L-cancels, and I did!!!

Yes technically you can call me sitting at the edge as I'm LASERED camping but I didn't sit on one side of the map the whole match and never come near you!!!

Technically everyone camps in smash to an extent, you could call me baiting you into side stepping camping, but the extent to which I meant camping is sitting back and not approaching and just waiting for them to come to you!!!

I've explained many times how usually when I play as fox/falco the reason I can't just laser camp vs. characters like peach is after like a few seconds of it, I get bored and I approach...that's what I meant when I say I am too impatient to camp!!!

Anyways I got to finish this HW + watch CSI!!!

I dunno if you'll even care to read this, but if not then whatever, I'm a dirty camper!!!

:colorful:

derf

Smash Ace
dude queen falco deserves to be camped

if ever by some unfortunate circumstance i get stuck in luigi v falco in a tourney my entire strategy is to go stand by the ledge and shield grab

Top Bottom