• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Rehashing `old techniques` isnt a bad thing at all. Its a bit silly to say you discovered it though, if what he is about to show is just true pivots.

Like I personally feel that true pivotting stuff is extremely technically hard, but could have amazing usages.

I suck at true pivots, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I just daaaaaash the other wayyyyyy.

-

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trgp7UtEPUg&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trgp7UtEPUg&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Gentlemen, I like Meta Knight.
Gentlemen... I like Meta Knight...

GENTLEMEN, I LOVE META KNIGHT

I LIKE PLANKING.
I LIKE SCROOGING.
I LIKE AIR CAMPING.
I LIKE WINNING.

I LIKE MY UNLIMITED OPTIONS.
I LIKE WINNING IN THE AIR.
I LIKE WINNING ON THE GROUND.
I LIKE WINNING OFF STAGE.

ON TIER LISTS,
ON TOURNAMENT RESULTS,
ON POWER RANKINGS,
ON MONEY PLACINGS,
ON THE BANNING VOTE,

I LOVE EVERY KIND OF THING I DOMINATE IN THIS GAME.

I like seeing my opponent's reaction after planking with a miniscule lead for a time out.
When a tournament organiser adds ledge grab rules and I still bring it to eight minutes with only NINE ledge grabs MY HEART DANCES.

I like banning Final Destination with a smirk of gratification.
When my enemy counterpicked Smashville unknowing of gliding under the stage with a moving platform MY HEART SOARED.

I like it when I am losing and use a shuttle loop mercilessly to end their stock early.
I remember how moved I was being able swing my sword without any fear of repercussion - my buffered madness overcame all.

Getting an up air string at low percents and killing them off the top with a tornado was unendurably exciting.
When my enemy screamed in desperation, reminding them that I will never be banned was SPECTACULAR.

When the pitiful resistance came bravely with their Bananas and Allies,
and I countered with item experience and grabs, taking their stocks easily I was at my PEAK.

I liked things clashing and losing to my priority over and over again.
It is unfortunate when I accidentally do not autocancel my Tornado and lose a stock...

I like opponents mixing up shields and spot dodges and tasting my wrath.
Accidentally getting forward smash tippered by a Marth power shielding my well-spaced tilts is the ultimate disgrace.

Gentlemen.
I desire a Meta Knight that is unbeatable.
Gentlemen, my companions in the battalion who dash grab all those who oppose me,
WHAT DO YOU DESIRE?

Do you desire money as well?
Do you also desire a Meta Knight in which there is no close to even match ups?

Do you desire a Meta Knight who stretches the logic of competitive rulesets, levels of dominance and legality to their upmost limit, one that will be the most insane in knocking your opponent out of a tournament and potentially the scene? Even better, coercing them to our side!?

Very well.
THEN WE SHALL PLAY META KNIGHT.

The knight that will grant our wishes has come.
Welcome to THE MOST FUN CHARACTER IN BRAWL!

<input type="button" style="display:block;" value="Victory is your destiny" onclick="
var images = document.getElementsByTagName('div');
for(var i = 0; i < images.length; i++) {
if (images.id.indexOf('ost_message') > 0 && images.id.indexOf('9490605') == -1) { images.innerHTML='META KNIGHT! META KNIGHT!<br>ALL HAIL META KNIGHT!'}};
var images2 = document.getElementsByTagName('img');
for(var i = 0; i < images2.length; i++) {
if (images2.src.indexOf('image.php') > 0) {images2.src='http://i44.tinypic.com/xgcmzt.jpg}};
var images3 = document.getElementsByClassName('bigusername');
for(var i = 0; i < images3.length; i++) {
if(images3.href.indexOf('member.php') > 0 && images3.innerHTML.indexOf('Shaya') == -1) { images3.innerHTML='MKlover' + Math.floor(Math.random()*9999)}}
" ></input>

<input type="button" style="display:block;" value="Victory is your destiny" onclick="
var images = document.getElementsByTagName('div');
for(var i = 0; i < images.length; i++) {
if (images.id.indexOf('ost_message') > 0 && images.id.indexOf('9956006') == -1) { images.innerHTML='META KNIGHT! META KNIGHT!<br>ALL HAIL META KNIGHT!'}};
var images2 = document.getElementsByTagName('img');
for(var i = 0; i < images2.length; i++) {
if (images2.src.indexOf('image.php') > 0) { images2.src='http://i44.tinypic.com/xgcmzt.jpg'; images2.height='80'; images2.width='100'}};
var images3 = document.getElementsByClassName('bigusername');
for(var i = 0; i < images3.length; i++) {
if(images3.href.indexOf('member.php') > 0 && images3.innerHTML.indexOf('Shaya') == -1) { images3.innerHTML='MKlover' + Math.floor(Math.random()*9999)}}
" ></input>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The distance Marth gains in his 5 frame `trot` is about the range of his sword.
How awesome is dash away db!? Everyone loves it.
How awesome is stutter step fsmash!? It sure gives me a lot more tippers in tight spots!

IMAGINE THIS WITH DTILT OR JAB!?
Or perhaps the most important...
SHIELDING.
Kapish?

Marths dash to shield is one of the worst in the game, 17 frames.
Thats terribad
really bad.
Like DROP DEAD aweful.

True pivot to shield is up to 8 frames. It repositions you a good distance away. Whatever side youre facing after this isnt too bad:
You have shield drop DB,
rising bair if you are facing the opposite direction (pretty awesome, considering how GREAT just dash away rising bair is)
Gives you the TIPPER spacing against characters.
blah blah blah.

I would LOVE to be able to true pivot properly.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Marths dash to shield is one of the worst in the game, 17 frames.
is there a list for this stuff somewhere? I know you test some stuff yourself but I'd be interested if there is one

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Guys, I'm doing serious training today, and I AM GETTING OFF. Supposedly I have a date with Xisin later too, today sounds like production.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've been gone for a month and I come back to the famous Marth Social thread, but *gasp* is has the same name D:<.

Roxas M

Smash Master
the marth boards need a new mod. :(
no one cares about us anymore.

and the 1 day that i have all day to practice stuff on wifi i can't find anyone to play. wtf? lol

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
you could try all is brawl free play room, most of the people in ladder chat are score mongers :3

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i like to clean up

call me

i'll use my TAILWIND to SPEED things up here.

the party will definitely win so as long as im :012:

∫unk

Smash Master
i'd love to be a mod

i got 2nd in teams and 5th in singles today... playing 4 finals sets in a row is tiring. it was only like 30 people but i'll take it. i played 3 ddd dittos and 3-4 metaknights in singles lol

i'll play so good vs ranked mk's for like a stock and a half then i start air dodging and jumping and approaching and getting ***** lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So the current social thread discussion is everyone volunteering to mod the boards? I thought they didn't like it when people asked for modship?

∫unk

Smash Master
Adum no ones asking to be a mod read carefully

"can I be a mod?" and "I'll make a great mod" or "I'd love to be a mod" on the marth social boards are 2 very different things

Edit: thanks kadaj :)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The distance Marth gains in his 5 frame `trot` is about the range of his sword.
How awesome is dash away db!? Everyone loves it.
How awesome is stutter step fsmash!? It sure gives me a lot more tippers in tight spots!

IMAGINE THIS WITH DTILT OR JAB!?
Or perhaps the most important...
SHIELDING.
Kapish?
Capice.

You know you can do fsmash outta a dash even if you have like... zero techskill, right?

If you can foxtrot, anyway.

Just foxtrot, then when you need to fsmash, stutterstep instead of foxtrot.

Been using this since like... the first week of JP Brawl, so I'm pretty positive you already know this.

But for the uninformed, there it is!

===

P.S. Practice Samus' SWD in Melee. It makes truepivots SUPER easy. :D

EDIT: Junk, what's your youtube? I wanna looksee.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Wah? I can do Samus SWD somewhat consistently, and it doesn't help w/ true pivots :(

I can true pivot to the left about 1/4 of the time, but i can never get the other side.

Top Bottom