• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

∫unk

Smash Master
bengals lol it was already discussed here

it's just the true pivot that samurai panda found over a year ago... the thing kadaj and i do to look tight when we could do something safer/more practical

it's not good because you can't shield during your dash

people tend to forget shield is the best move in this game

stingers

Smash Obsessed
anyone listen to the MK Ban podcast with RDK, OS, Omni, Jack Keiser, and Adumbrodeus?

at the end, Overswarm was referencing this new mechanic that he found that should greatly benefit characters such as Marth with long dashes and that it would allow him to cancel his run or dash into a dtilt, fsmash, or anything we want. He's getting a video up soon, pretty excited to see what this can do for us...
it might just be that platform dash cancel thing that lets you cancel your dash on platforms

if it's on solid ground though, legit

∫unk

Smash Master
its out of a dash! not a run there's a huge difference

you can't shield in your dash you can shield in your run. you can do moves or dash again at the end of your dash with true pivots. you can only shield and jump out of your run.

and you can do that pretty easily dash once then u-tilt... to pivot it is harder

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
hmm, i remember that thing samurai posted but i never looked into it. tbh, i doubt that OS would've completely missed something like that before, this is probably different but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

also, just found out that platform canceling takes away the DS lag glitch which is cool :)

∫unk

Smash Master
Um OS's posts are about as notorious as Inui's I think it's very likely he could miss something

I hope it's something groundbreaking though I just doubt it.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Um OS's posts are about as notorious as Inui's
haha let's not go that far ;)

what uses do you guys generally have for platform canceling? i've been practicing it all day, just from a technical standpoint, haven't tried it in any matches yet, any ideas on when i should be using it?

*EDIT:

Junk, this has to be something different, because OS says it gives Marth a non tipper fsmash grab release on MK...

∫unk

Smash Master
ill be in washington D:

me and zex have to get at least top 3 in teams hopefully top 2 maybe beat m2k + larry somehow??!? double team larry!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
m2k plans for people to double team his partner, knowing his intimidation factor, and plays very opportunistically in doubles. You'd be better off double teaming him, since Falco can't support MK as well

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
**** I wish I was as good as Minty at true pivots.

And you can SHIELD out of a true pivot.

In other words with some sexy shiznitch, you are able to shield (if you use the full 5 frames of the initial dash) into a shield in 8 frames.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
**** why did superdoodleman have to quit smash

what kinds of cool technical things could be in a brawl perfect control video anyway

yoshi dragonic reversal ****?
ISJR?
getting the full rise off a meta knight tornado...

∫unk

Smash Master
i always enter singles >_> last weekend i got 5th

scsa was the first time i didn't do singles ever lol... it was nice not having tournament pressure at a tournament for once

Roxas M

Smash Master
the first tournament i go to you don't do singles. wtf? lol

i need to start going to more tourneys now. hopefully i'll be placing good by the time all the summer tourneys hit.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Marth doesn't have any MUs that are so bad to the poitn you need a counter, other than MK, and I dont think its too bad either imo...

Im thinking about jsut dittoing any Mks i have to fight, lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nah man.
Just MK ditto on their counterpicks;
Brinstar, Frigate, Lylat (imo, not according to Pierce), Rainbow are throwing away matches if you know they will use MK. Even though I think I can fix my Brinstar hate, because other than Shuttle Loop ****ing everything up its a stupidly good Marth stage.

**** I hate Marth on frigate though, jesus christ.

Top Bottom