• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
I thought Pound 4 was fun. I was happy that I broke three peoples shields, Snakeee, EEvisu, and some random Kirby player that needed some Marth practice. Even though I didn't advance from my pool it was still fun. I got a chance to fight NEO, needless to say I lost lol. 2 stocked on the matches we played. It was a good experience for me, since the last tournament I went to was C3 back in November 2008.

Btw NEO, I was that random kid that asked for a friendly against you that played the white Marth.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

I was watching the set. Infern definitely got in NEO's head early but neo brought it back and almost won, then neo ***** game 2.

game 3 infern CP'd brinstar and neo did work.

infern is a BEAST though.
infern was okay, i was probably playing the worst i've ever played vs any snake ever in that first match though tbh. no disrespect/discrediting to infern

it wasn't by chance that he got 2 stocked the next two games there was just a noticeable diff in skill level that wasn't apparent while i was squandering the first match, i definitely see him getting better though

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Brinstar was a bad counterpick on my part, I have been hearing about it all day lol I do believe I would have done better at like FD or Frigate(which I should have counterpicked) but oh wells, its my first national, and I learn tons of experience for future tournaments.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Brinstar was a bad counterpick on my part, I have been hearing about it all day lol I do believe I would have done better at like FD or Frigate(which I should have counterpicked) but oh wells, its my first national, and I learn tons of experience for future tournaments.

Your avatar looks like you in a way.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
haha i used to main Ike, and people told me i look like him too lol Also Angel, did i get to meet/play you at Pound? it seems like you were there but ur name does not sound familiar

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Dont think i talked or played him, which sucks since I wanted to play everyone there. Brawl needed more setups, silly melee taking 3 days to finish

VietGeek

Smash Hero
the above statement confuses me

avatar however is very legitimate

it reminds me of crazy laughs and ice cars

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Dont think i talked or played him, which sucks since I wanted to play everyone there. Brawl needed more setups, silly melee taking 3 days to finish

I was the one assisting with brackets, doing the twitter updates.

You either probably saw me sitting behind neo during your set with him next to kadaj, typing on my sidekick with updates on your set. Or helping cheese CP against 22.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
No problem. I didn't get to play friendlies. ]: I had to TRY to fix pools after it got messed up badly, and update twitter. So I didn't get to play anyone. ;w;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Brawl players needed to step up to the plate.

As for melee... you realize this was the largest melee tournament ever and had about double the players Brawl had, right?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Brawl players needed to step up to the plate.

As for melee... you realize this was the largest melee tournament ever and had about double the players Brawl had, right?

This was not needed, brawl players didnt come because it was hyped it be a melee tournament with brawl as a side event(it was definitely treated as one). There is nothing wrong with the brawl players about not coming when they thought this would be a bust for them, and in a way it was.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

This was not needed, brawl players didnt come because it was hyped it be a melee tournament with brawl as a side event(it was definitely treated as one). There is nothing wrong with the brawl players about not coming when they thought this would be a bust for them, and in a way it was.
I meant lack of setups, cause that's the major reason it happened.

Eh, either way I think that ended up happening because of the lack of players and setups.

Really the issue more was that melee players hyped it and Brawl players didn't, and so Brawl players didn't come, so melee got treated better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think having one topic which was getting flooded by melee hype and any instance of "Brawl" got instantly flamed and trolled...

Do I need to go on?
Melee players latched on immiediately and the thread really lacked long term consistent Brawl presence, I mean Plank was very hard on the melee players that did this, and there were a couple of other people, but honestly the thread being so melee centric was more another symptom of it being melee-centric as opposed to the reason. Of course it certainly didn't help.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
dude brawl only had 28 setups and they had so many TVs available but lack of Wiis made it run slower

thankfully Gamecubes are cheap :D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Man this is what NEO needed to do to the flamer lol:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGeR6qW6OUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGeR6qW6OUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
dude brawl only had 28 setups and they had so many TVs available but lack of Wiis made it run slower

thankfully Gamecubes are cheap :D
That's why I said "brawl players needed to step up to the plate", I brought a setup, but only 28 wiis + brawl out of about 200 people... It just wasn't enough.

the more you guys talk about pound, the more I WISH I was there :ohwell:
You should've been.

∫unk

Smash Master
At wgf there was 112 for singles and 8 setups

the tournament was in socal and besides the TO and me/warp (we brought a setup each and were from cencal) Socal players brought 3 setups for a total of 8 setups lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Did Marth get any better in the last two months? What places did he get at Pound 4?

Albert.

Smash Master
Pierce: lost to an Olimar (P~S / Logic)
Then a N.E. Snake (Bizkit)

NEO: Beat a M.W. Snake (infern Angelis)
Lost to a top MK (Shadow)
then a Wario (hunger)

So actually Olimar, Snake, MK, Wario.

:(

∫unk

Smash Master
Cause you know there weren't pools before bracket and the only marths were pierce and neo

when I said top I meant like top 8 which makes my statement pretty dumb because of how many mks there were they obviously took out a looot of good players before getting there

Top Bottom