• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

etecoon

Smash Hero
Snake because you have to be technically on point the entire time and I'm super inconsistent
I'm kinda the same but IC's are where it hurts me most, one mistake = losing unless you were -completely- destroying them otherwise, dumbest **** ever. It's one of the main excuses I've always made for not using marth more but at this point I lose to them no matter what anyway so I might just do what kel did sometime and see what happens, I only have like 3 ranked wins in 3 years with MK so it's not like I'm giving much up if it goes badly

Kel

Smash Master
I love fighting against Snake. Just watch a couple MikeHAZE videos vs Ally and HavoK and you'll be all set. The key to the match up is picking your approach carefully. Sometimes Mike will go like a minute without doing any real damage just biding his time to swipe in.

Personally, I think people have always overcomplicated fighting Snake by trying to go after him while he's in the air. While hitting snake while he's trying to recover over the stage is nice and important to pressure the Snake, it should not be why the Snake respects your options. His real trouble comes from landing. Spotting his landing and waiting and then grabbing is sooooooo strong against Snake, especially when using Marth or MK. I find a lot of success in pretending that I'm going to commit to hitting Snake while he's falling and then reacting to how he lands. Typically, when you go up after the Snake, he will reveal his "hand" and reverse B, airdodge, etc. That's all good, and hitting with a Up Air, Fair, or Bair out of his airdodge is nice, but it can get tricky if you try to do it every time. It's much more consistent to guard the stage and let him feel the pressure when landing, as opposed to when he is high above the stage recovering. Watch a Dedede match Vs Snake and notice how they force Snake into the CG when Snake is trying to recover. Do the same with Marth, except you don't get the CG reward, you just get to throw the Snake back off the stage until he messes up.

C.J.

Smash Master
Lol, I know exactly how to fight Snake. That was all in my guide anyway rofl.

Knowing what to do =/= being able to execute. Vs most characters you can make a couple mistakes and it won't really matter THAT much. Make a mistake vs Snake and you eat a ftilt for 21 or die at 110%.

Kel

Smash Master
hey kel, didn't you beat spade at that tournament in camden tn?

:phone:
Yeah, he was a Marth player, wasn't he? I think there were a couple Marths besides me at that tournament. One of the two opted to go toon link against me the second game though, I believe.

Do you know him/ live in his area? I'm looking for another tournament down south to attend. If there are any tournaments that are not too far from Lexington, Kentucky coming up, I'd love to bring a car down. Most likely the car would include myself, SneakyTako, Kassandranova, Luminoth, and Clowsui. Just let me know! I am always looking forward to playing new people and checking out different regions.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I was at the tournament too but fino took me out :( I saw yalls match, I didn't get the chance to play either one of y'all

spade and player three are considered the top two Marths in our region. but...

ive yet to play either one of them
but I will soon. also as I told u earlier kel, when I get a venue Ill have monthlys here in tn that you guys are MORE than welcomed to come attend. bring huge car loads man

reflex and player one have monthlys in georgia and Alabama but I'm sure tn is much closer to you guys. speaking of...

if you and your friends want a challenge you should consider coming to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324825

Nike.

Smash Hero
You can't name search under 4 characters I think, and search engine has been down all month.

And no P1, you'll **** me :(

C.J.

Smash Master
Nobody will go on the run with me D=

I'm not doing it alone.

In other news, does anyone else find it weird that the Marth boards has more posts than any other character? Other than Sonic of course. Idk, it just seems like Marth is a weird character to have such an active board. We're not a complicated character, just precise. Not really a fanboy backed character. It just seems out of place.

This leads to me to the conclusion that Marth mains are just THAT awesome!

Ramin/Nike/Clow/Zano/Shaya/Mike/P3/Rei/Raz

HIGH 5'S FOR US ALL

Now if we could just get Junk, Fear, Steel, Viet, and EL back...

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't know where Jun is. His YT channel adds favorites all the time tho so I wanna find him

Fear's on AIM sometimes

EL's on FB under Marcel Stevenson. Add him and try to get him back.

Steel's busy

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I hate it when people do that, zano.

and cj, you forgot kel, killock and every other marth main that posts here and keeps this thread alive.

personally I don't care for the older
crowd, it's time you guys went away and got replaced with the new school. scaremi arxis etecoon etc *vigorously rubs hands together*

Top Bottom