• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

C.J.

Smash Master
We do too, Espy!

There are frequently random spans of a few days where there isn't a single new post made.

C.J.

Smash Master
Boo @ not getting unmod.

Red suits AJ much better- you should petition to get your title back.

And I know =(
It's so sad when that happens. I'll be sitting in class, hop on SWF and look around and be sad because I might actually be forced to pay attention in class ><

C.J.

Smash Master
No, no it doesn't. But I'm okay with this since I have people messaging/texting me all the time talking about that lol.

Plus I bug Ramin about that stuff as well =D

Lord Chair

Smash Master
bug him more about dtilt, platform drops oos, bair, walking away when being chaingrabbed by ddd, not doing advancing FH fairs against olimar and buffered sideb

ie all the things ive been trying to tell him since forever but he hates my guts or something and prefers not to listen to me i dont even know

edit: oh and the broken *** ledge cancel counter slide option select thing

C.J.

Smash Master
I do- and he's getting better at some of them.

Although he's just going to go MK vs DDD in the future so w/e.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nobody will go on the run with me D=

I'm not doing it alone.

In other news, does anyone else find it weird that the Marth boards has more posts than any other character? Other than Sonic of course. Idk, it just seems like Marth is a weird character to have such an active board. We're not a complicated character, just precise. Not really a fanboy backed character. It just seems out of place.

This leads to me to the conclusion that Marth mains are just THAT awesome!

Ramin/Nike/Clow/Zano/Shaya/Mike/P3/Rei/Raz

HIGH 5'S FOR US ALL

Now if we could just get Junk, Fear, Steel, Viet, and EL back...
-high five-

I go away for a day and this board gets more active than it has been in month's -.-

Snake sucks >_<

Arxis

Smash Cadet
I don't post much but I read this thread frequently. Discussed topic are usually interesting even if it's not about Marth.

You guys are a great community.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
kel, watch Ramin for mk and diddy. ignore the gimmicks and **** just watch the spacing and when he chooses to attack. he's really good at those match ups in general.

:phone:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I honestly don't mind the Diddy mu at all its fun really even imo the only thing that's kind of gay in the mu is Diddy's sideB.

Arxis

Smash Cadet
So guys, I think the time as come for someone here to test my skill. I think I've reached a plateau because I feel like I haven't improved in a while.
I might have even regressed D:
While I hope someone will volunteer for the work, I understand I live in québec/canada, so lag can be a factor, and it might be a boring job because
I will have hundred of question for him afterward xD
But I would be really thankful for the time spend for me. I could even give one thousand Internet Dollar as a reward!! So think about it guys, I'll be
waiting in a corner.. secretly waiting for a quick answer.

C.J.

Smash Master
Kel, Ramin actually is pretty ridiculous at the MU.

For MK, take Mike's grab stuff, Ramin's recovery, Leon's fsmashes, and a combination of Mike and Ramin's ground game and follow-ups.

Diddy really is largely a matter of knowing how and when to use bananas and not messing up any of the techs that go along with them (see: my huge list of item ATs in my Diddy thread).

Once you're able to be super consistent with them, and use the bananas more as a zoning and mobility tool opposed to offensively (although using it offensively is still a great thing at times ofc), the MU makes sense and you'll do infinitely better in it.

Kel

Smash Master
I lied about posting this in the correct forum (didn't want to make an entire topic for one set):
Rage Losers Round 5
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Battlefield
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville

You can see me progressively learn the match up from game one to game three. In game one, I didn't even catch the bananas with Fair. I'm learning the match up pretty fast, but I'd still like to specialize in it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I honestly don't mind the Diddy mu at all its fun really even imo the only thing that's kind of gay in the mu is Diddy's sideB.
side-b grabs on frame 19 just attack it lol

the one thing that should be gay in this MU is our fair. we can just throw it out there lawlz.

Player-3

Smash Hero
diddys fair way gayer than side b

when diddy side b's u the best option that beats it 100% of the time is nair

C.J.

Smash Master
I lied about posting this in the correct forum (didn't want to make an entire topic for one set):
Rage Losers Round 5
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Battlefield
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville

You can see me progressively learn the match up from game one to game three. In game one, I didn't even catch the bananas with Fair. I'm learning the match up pretty fast, but I'd still like to specialize in it.
You should still post it in the video subforum. You could make a thread and use it to chart your progress over time. Update the OP w/ new sets vs Diddy as you get them and stuff.

side-b grabs on frame 19 just attack it lol

the one thing that should be gay in this MU is our fair. we can just throw it out there lawlz.
Stupid goddamn fair.
As long as you're spaced well, and aren't going into the attack, most of your moves will beat sideB.

diddys fair way gayer than side b

when diddy side b's u the best option that beats it 100% of the time is nair
I prefer ftilt. But yeah, non-approaching nair > sideB as well.

C.J.

Smash Master
You're insane. Ramin consistently recovers the safest vs MK.

Oh hey, someone other than me that uses default Marth! +10 points for Kel!

Top Bottom