• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So my computer should be getting fixed tomorrow. Once I get it back, I'm gonna put together a compendium of Marth knowledge, match-up strategies and general tips that tend to get to lost in the social thread (like what Shaya just posted), since a lot of the stuff we have in guides and whatnot is reeeally old. Anyone have suggestions on what to include, or have something they want to say about anything for me to throw in there?

Enzo

Smash Lord
How do you beat Lucario with MK D:
I went to my first tourney in like a year and got wrecked by lucario HALP
idc if its not mk boards these boards are better :))

on another note i finally got completely caught up in OP and those flashback chapters were pretty cool, im hyped to see luffy and comp. lay waste to hode jones easily

Reizilla

More scoops?

Yeah, I haven't been disappointed with this arc. Just kinda wished the princes weren't such wimps. Or that they at least showed them fighting a little more.

V

Smash Ace
Tyrant won a MK banned tournament in socal today. He used marth, falco, snake, wario, and gdub.

:phone:

Reizilla

Impossible. All MK users are pansies who can only ride a broken character. Tyrant is no exception.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yo i was in training mode messing with boost grabs and i did something that looked like a reverse dash attack i was like 0_0

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've decided to use marth instead of diddy after apex(snake main till then). Expect to see me around these parts more often and posting videos for critique :)

KillLock

Smash Lord
Got 3rd at a 64 person tourney this weekend (alot of random con ppl entered): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13148037#post13148037

I have like 5 tourney sets uploading this week. Espy ***** me harder than usual, but my set with KPrime was really close. I'll put that on the critique thread in the next day or two.

So what's happening?
haha, we just had a con here as well with 60 people. I ended up breaking first

cons are the best for attendance :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
OMGGG Killock yes. Espy, KPrime, me, and about 8 smashboard players entered. Payouts for top3 were $176/$80/$32

CJ, I haven't read anything posted in the last 4 days lol. What did you want? :O

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Do you guys know if it's possible to cancel/stop the auto-fastfall from c-stick'd dair at any point?

ie, I got hit with a banana offstage at 0% and buffered a fastfall dair and died.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Con payouts are so broken, lol.

Well, if we're sharing tournament results I got 4th at one today. I was 1 sonic main away from getting 3rd. I have no idea what to do in that MU, I swear.

Socal has had some many tournaments lately it's crazy.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sonic is easily the most annoying character to play against. And I guess he must be **** at cons or something, cuz theres 2 sonics in top4 at mine O_o

Nike.

Smash Hero
A recovering or aerial approached spindash can be beat by Marth's bair. I screw it up, though because the incoming spindash is constantly a hitbox and you have to time the exchange pretty well.

Spindash on the ground can be clanked with jab & dtilt, outright beaten with a fair & nair (both require good timing), or just powershielded.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Huh, had no idea about that. My main problem was grounded spindash, though. I never thought about Dtilting it. Usually I would try shielding it then DS OoS....then we kept trading hits and I was like, Wtf?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Grounded Spindash is extremely fast. It's impossible to react to if your standing too close to him when he starts it, so there has to be enough space between you two to react properly.

I try to powershield before using anything else. After he hits the shield, he'll most likely try to aerial right above you. After the powershield, punish his aerial with uair/bair (depending on where he's at). Smart Sonic's (such as Espy) will watch if their spindash wokred on you. If it didn't, he'll space himself after the jump far enough so that your aerial will be too far away to hit.

Sonic can also not elect to jump from spindash at all, forces him to slow down and turn the opposite direction on the ground. It's punishable. His other main option is to upb after jumping from the spindash. His goal is to try to hit you with the spring. You can aerial it and then try to cover his landing since he's just forced himself into a freefall.

If your in the air when he starts to spindash towards you (meaning you won't shield it in time), tipper fair/nair will beat it. However, the timing on this is EXTREMELY tight. Espy's literally learned the timing so that he'll hit me after the aerial but before the land -> shield/upb. In this case, try using counter as your landing.

KillLock

Smash Lord
you can counter grounded spin dash on reaction

against aerial spindash i do jab/fair/bair/counter(depending).

Nike.

Smash Hero
KillLock, I've watched those 2 games of you and Kurado ALOT. I really envy your timing on punishing his spindashes. You make it look like a 6-4 MU. Would kill to see you play Espy/X.

KillLock

Smash Lord
haha thanks

me and kuraudo have a ton more sets that he still needs to upload as of recent, but he's been procrastinating hard. :(

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR mentioned something about it being possible.
I'll have to ask him again.
If you have down slightly press then you won't fast fall the C-sticked D-air. You can also press down forward to run off the ledge and with it still held press down on the c-stick and you won't fast fall

Top Bottom