• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I generally find I react to sonic's spin dash reasonably well... the sound it makes as it releases is pretty distinct and that's what I "hear out" for.

dancing blade is also pretty good (both aerial/grounded) because of dat transcended priority.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i entered a tournament for the first time in forever:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13145127&postcount=12141

i dunno i don't have time to practice and losing kind of sucks but brawl is still fun to play anyways. i'd rather just play friendlies and hang out than tournament though i think i'm going to do that next time.
I saw that, and felt sorry for you having to play a bad MU so early.

Who was the Lucario anyways? I wasn't aware WA even had one, and I know Yugo and I didn't attend. Was it CLU7CH/Casey? imo that MU is actually not too bad for Lucario even when the guy can consistently CG lucario, but Lucario has to play really pokeish all the time, because although his crossup game is really good, as soon as he spotdodges or bairs, you either try for fsmash/AS at longer ranges, or you gtfo out of there and reset (all of this is as lucario, of course), and you have to know how to space dair and do frame 1 FP in that MU or you're going to get bodied.

But yeah, we have a lot of D3 annoyers besides MK around in PNW lol :p, even our Warios know that MU really well (you remember Pwneroni, right?)

∫unk

Smash Master
I saw that, and felt sorry for you having to play a bad MU so early.

Who was the Lucario anyways? I wasn't aware WA even had one, and I know Yugo and I didn't attend. Was it CLU7CH/Casey? imo that MU is actually not too bad for Lucario even when the guy can consistently CG lucario, but Lucario has to play really pokeish all the time, because although his crossup game is really good, as soon as he spotdodges or bairs, you either try for fsmash/AS at longer ranges, or you gtfo out of there and reset (all of this is as lucario, of course), and you have to know how to space dair and do frame 1 FP in that MU or you're going to get bodied.

But yeah, we have a lot of D3 annoyers besides MK around in PNW lol :p, even our Warios know that MU really well (you remember Pwneroni, right?)
i dunno who the lucario was... i ***** him game 1 then game 2 i went some other char and got ***** (i kept doing this throughout the tournament cause i was trying to find a secondary) then game 3 i was up like a whole stock and just let lucario do the lucario comeback cause i just wanted to kill him by fishing for dumb kills. ill just play him again next time and win. also i went fd i forgot lucario is actually decent there. in retrospect i'd rather have a platform to approach.

i remember pwneroni.. i dunno he beat me in a friendly set when i had zero wario experience but then i got wario experience so we'll see i guess. he was getting bodied in doubles iirc. edit: nvm actually just his partner mk was hecka bad pwneroni was doing well

everyone there is good vs d3 yeah but i dunno they still make mistakes in spacing in stuff and if im playing well i feel like i could beat anyone w/ ddd.

i didn't like that i had to play brick (who got second in bracket) in second or third round winners when there were clearly way easier matchups (like zerostar vs zxs or something some random dude) at the same point of the bracket... in the end i dont care too much since i should win vs all of them anyways but it was annoying to only lose to brick in friendlies (and ****** everyone else i was playing) before tournament then have to play brick as my first hard opponent in tournament :/ i dunno maybe if i won i could have said it gave me an advantage haha

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you believe everything tyrant says? noooooob hahahah
This times a 1000.

Tyrant told me his falco was able to beat Larry's in dittos.
This was before and after my newby marth cg'd to spiked him 3 times.

Not only will I never know if he was sandbagging, I will never know if he actually beat larry in dittos.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I beat Tyrant's Falco in a friendly at WHOBO3, Fthrow x 2 -> dair -> dair to end the game.
And I also pondered if he was sandbagging.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Listening to tyrant was your mistake. If he says something to you, there is a 90% there trolling somewhere.

And thanks for the tips, guys. I've only played a sonic in tournament about two times so i'm totally confused when I DO ever play one.

I'm also considering picking up wario as a secondary for MUs like those/a character that's more reliable in doubles than marth.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Trying to pick up MK in a region where all the regulars either use MK themselves and have used him since brawl's release or people that have learned the MU isn't exactly the best idea....

Plus my MK is booty.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i dunno who the lucario was... i ***** him game 1 then game 2 i went some other char and got ***** (i kept doing this throughout the tournament cause i was trying to find a secondary) then game 3 i was up like a whole stock and just let lucario do the lucario comeback cause i just wanted to kill him by fishing for dumb kills. ill just play him again next time and win. also i went fd i forgot lucario is actually decent there. in retrospect i'd rather have a platform to approach.

i remember pwneroni.. i dunno he beat me in a friendly set when i had zero wario experience but then i got wario experience so we'll see i guess. he was getting bodied in doubles iirc. edit: nvm actually just his partner mk was hecka bad pwneroni was doing well

everyone there is good vs d3 yeah but i dunno they still make mistakes in spacing in stuff and if im playing well i feel like i could beat anyone w/ ddd.

i didn't like that i had to play brick (who got second in bracket) in second or third round winners when there were clearly way easier matchups (like zerostar vs zxs or something some random dude) at the same point of the bracket... in the end i dont care too much since i should win vs all of them anyways but it was annoying to only lose to brick in friendlies (and ****** everyone else i was playing) before tournament then have to play brick as my first hard opponent in tournament :/ i dunno maybe if i won i could have said it gave me an advantage haha
Well yeah, you also hadn't played this game in a long time iirc.

Also, what do you think of Bladewise? I wish more people knew how good he is, the fact that he beat Zex in dittos (then again, it is dittos lol) I think says some regard, plus his marth is really good in doubles.

Nike.

Smash Hero

Roxas M

Smash Master
Listening to tyrant was your mistake. If he says something to you, there is a 90% there trolling somewhere.

And thanks for the tips, guys. I've only played a sonic in tournament about two times so i'm totally confused when I DO ever play one.

I'm also considering picking up wario as a secondary for MUs like those/a character that's more reliable in doubles than marth.
Try wario or falco then. They're fun and different from marth.

:phone:
Sounds like a plan.

Hopefully picking up wario (or possibly falco) may help me get rid of my mental block against camping. I blame EU for that.

∫unk

Smash Master
i don't know i'm used to having like 4-5 opportunities to mindgame the opponent in recovery and marth gets 1 it's annoying

maybe he has more than 1 but i felt like i had 1

i mean basically it was just an edgeguard the whole time i didn't know what to do lol

and yeah i need to get better T-T

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mike mindgames all day with b reverse dbs.
well timed neutral air (fast fall about half way through) into dolphin slash for a ledge grab... If you recover at the right angle he can't nair you.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm going to marry this girl. (and holding over until Robin does something cool in OP again)

And I've been meaning to change to Reizilla since I changed to Shun Goku Satsu. I just figured it'd be a waste of good premium to not make a few stops along the way.

Reizilla

Frak. Okay, do you want exact dates? There really aren't THAT many :x

Reizilla

My Zombie Dog Ate Me: march 2008 - may 2010
Rei-gun: may 2010 - aug 2010
Shun Goku Satsu: aug 2010 - may 2011
Flutteraging_Demon: about a week
qB[ may 2011 - July 2011
Alfalfa Monster: July 2011 - yesterday
Reizilla: Present

I'll probably stick with this one for a while.

Reizilla

Azua did it twice but they were like 3 months apart. Virg has done it 4 times. But they're always like 2 weeks after I send them in, so I'm guessing he hates doing already xD

Top Bottom