• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Dsmash is usually a punisher when marth is coming down from the top. You can't air dodge or swat DK with fair unless you were coming in at a certain angle. He brings his arms above his head so the first hitboxes come out even higher.

I think Dsmash ***** us.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Dsmash is usually a punisher when marth is coming down from the top. You can't air dodge or swat DK with fair unless you were coming in at a certain angle. He brings his arms above his head so the first hitboxes come out even higher.

I think Dsmash ***** us.
You don't really get into a situation where you have to airdodge to the ground right above DK too often in that MU.

Suspect

Smash Hero
HIDE ME FROM THE BBR, OH WAIT PIERCE AND SHAYA ARE HERE, GOT DAMMIT

Can we stop talking about the dk/marf matchup please lol

Lets talk about allys marf

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, you shouldn't be getting hit by DK's down smash.

You shouldn't be getting hit by DK much at all, for that matter. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
marth can footstool dk in his dsmash without being hit IIRC, to give him a better repositioning.
But of course its still going to take a year before people start to consider footstools are 50x safer as a landing mix up than just about anything else Marth can do.

And no, I don't mean you footstool them so the move gets cancelled, I just mean you use Marth's disjointed feat to springboard high into the sky with a maximum aerial mobility bonus and start flying towards a better spot.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
have fun being miles above DK lmao

above being the keyword
Where DK's ground speed is mediocre and a majority of dk's juggles come from follow ups of his MOVES (grabs) [or the like 'flick away' that doesn't send too monstrously far with like dtilt/ftilt] being in close proximity coupled with high base aerial mobility and his range.

He also can't reach your immediate height at all after that jump you get.

Albert.

Smash Master
If marth could always stay in his ideal tipper zone in relation to his opponent in every match vs every character, then Marth would win every match-up and every tournament.

The " oh you had bad spacing, silly" or "you put yourself in a bad situation :/" logic SHOULD NOT even be mentioned anymore.

It's both patronizing and useless.

Do I need to go link every Vid where a top player Meta or Marth player got "out-spaced" by sliding shield, well-timed spot-dodge, the "wait-then-dash-in-with-something", or the "fast-falled-air-dodge-through into into grab" by a character with a theoretically "shorter and thus useless" grab range or attack range?

Another example is "oh Marth should never get grabbed by snake because his grab range is lol-bad"

and then both Mike and Neo have been grabbed by Ally...

Nike.

Smash Hero
LMFAO at Shaya.
Albert is right though. EL had the "Marth beats everything and should never be hit by things" mentality, which is why noobs where scared to post.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Also note that all the options you (Albert) note with regards to breaking Marth's spacing (sliding shield, spotdodge, airdodges) are all:

Garbage

If you're talking about his terrible dash grab, sad shield, non-impressive shieldgrab, terrible spotdodge and lolSHairdodgeapproach.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
in a month, possibly two. my marth will be 4x better than it ever was

hitlist:

1. ally (need to **** him twice)
2. chaz

Nike.

Smash Hero
7. No Alternate or Impersonator Accounts
Individuals are prohibited from holding more than one account without express, advance permission from the staff. Alternate accounts may be banned without warning. Any infractions that are issued to alternate accounts may be reissued to the corresponding primary account, in addition to other punishments. Do not create a new account to get around a ban or other punishment; these punishments will simply be extended or made permanent. Allowing a banned user to use your main account to evade a ban will result in both your account, as well as their main account, both receiving an infraction.

Accounts created to impersonate other individuals or entities are not permitted.

Ban Evasion - 2 Points, 14 Days
Alternate Account/Impersonation - Permanent Ban
This HAS TO be a result of Anaky xD

Albert.

Smash Master
Lord Chair you seemed to will-fully mis-read my post.

I was CLEARLY taking about characters including but not limited to Donkey Kong. This was addressing both your impractical DK analysis and the impractical mind-sets that I've seen from you and other posters on these boards for years.

Regarding Marth... Yes sliding shield, or even walk to shield... can both break his spacing. It's like you've never played a good DK before.

Don't say "just play safer"

Marth is not MK, Marth has to take risks sometimes.
Marth is not MK, he can't retreat aerials for an entire match. Marth only has two jumps and his landing lag can and does get punished.

Albert.

Smash Master
@ Lord Chair

This discussion is over if all you're going to do is reply with falsely superior and dismissive half-thoughts. I have no further use for you

@ Etecoon I'll probably visit some weekend next semester but I'll be there longer for various reasons and so that I can actually go to a tourney or something.

I don't want to MM your Marth w/ DK lol, my DK is garbage.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
in a month, possibly two. my marth will be 4x better than it ever was

hitlist:

1. ally (need to **** him twice)
2. chaz
same for me and my hitlist would be

1. leon
2. leon
3. leon
4. leon
5. glutonny

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Albert, you realize that Marth walks as fast as DK runs, right? Sliding shield and that bull**** should not be a problem unless you're overly aggressive. Yeah, it'll work, but it shouldn't work very often unless you fail at adjusting to it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
THIS JUST IN!!!

Mr.R and Neo have traded their souls to become MAGICAL GIRLS!
For the small small price of beating people in brawl.

Tragic.
However, the potential heat death of the universe has just been delayed another few years.

Top Bottom