• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm still not feeling like I'm using the potentially 2nd best character in the game.

Shaya you said something interesting on the BBR Tier List thread.

DB N->DB U->DB-DB D->DB N prevented DI. I also believe this to be the fastest as I pointed out......nearly a year and a half ago. :x Is this the version you use most?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm lazy and only use the db up for the second one if they're DIing out of it.

And once they see that the upwards one can't be DI'd out of, they stop trying to DI it, so I go back to lazy version.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol

Then I'll do just that. Noone seems to DI out of the normal one anyway. :I including the DB4 down.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Reigun.

One of the great mysteries in life: How many infractions do you have total?

EDIT: Techno fits all.
35 infractions for 33 total points :( I've been on relatively good behavior recently.

:131:

Nike.

Smash Hero
lol

Then I'll do just that. Noone seems to DI out of the normal one anyway. :I including the DB4 down.
Holy gawd I'd love to play whoever it is your playing. Everybody in my area SDI's like a pro.

I don't think there's enough info on dancing blade on the boards, except for EL's thread a month after the game came out. There's so many properties and variables behind each part of it. There's 18 different versions to use, maybe we could find out which combinations are the best for certain situations or something.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yo Bengalz, you're from the place where George Mason University is? What badass things are there to do there?
yep i live right next to GMU.

all the badass things are actually up in DC, we're a pretty boring area. :/

why do you ask?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm supposed to head over there for Spring Break for a trumpet competition. Just wondering if there was anything tourist-worthy.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
trinity force is quite an expensive item, honestly.
And it doesn't increase your dps by its cost compared to similar price items (over several seconds).

all it does is give a noticeable burst every 2 seconds.
But like... with that 4k gold... they could have grabbed an infinity edge and deal 30-40%+ more damage over 5 seconds (which continues to scale, Trinity Force/Sheen have a hard cap of dps, which is your base attack damage [NOT YOUR TOTAL ATTACK DAMAGE] at most every 2 seconds -> compared to AD, attack speed and critical strike chance making that IE even more ****).

Trinity Force you're paying for the slow (which is pretty good, 1350 + 100 [combine cost]), and when you subtract that, then trinity force seems like a pretty good deal.

Trinity force isn't that great on Nasus. He gets 150 bonus damage using his q... which he can just farm up himself quite easily and put that 50 minion's gold into something else... (Like A LAST WHISPER which gives him 40 damage + guaranteed that his qq does a lot of damage to everyone due to 40% armor cut).

IMO Nasus is a great tank because he doesn't need specific items to be a good tank. A lot of tanks need sunfires or banshee's veils, etc etc.
Nasus can just grab base items (like chain vests, negatrons) and be just as effective at a fraction of the cost (he doesn't need health as much either due to the bonuses of his ult). Of course he has no initiation though, so yeah, he's a damage soaker.

Also Trinity Force bonus damage only applies to your auto attacks, not all abilities.
Nasus is my main. I don't build TF on him, I just build Sheen. Sheen is an absolutely amazing item on him lol the other 2 TF abilities I would rather spend that money on tanky items.

People try to use TF on like, every character but it really only lives up to its potential on maybe 5 champs. Corki, Poppy, and Irelia come to mind

VietGeek

Smash Hero
kinda weird how im okay with zmt's account being hacked

types almost like the real person

obv :012:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nasus is my main. I don't build TF on him, I just build Sheen. Sheen is an absolutely amazing item on him lol the other 2 TF abilities I would rather spend that money on tanky items.

People try to use TF on like, every character but it really only lives up to its potential on maybe 5 champs. Corki, Poppy, and Irelia come to mind
A lot of characters can throw out specials every 2 seconds, there's still a hard cap on how effective that is though. Like let's say you get UBER fed and somehow can afford a TF really early in the game (like sub level 12 or something), then **** yeah grab it, because you're going to absolutely MELT the competition faster than they can do anything...
IMO the only thing its good for is killing towers, which don't scale with critical strikes.

Nasus was my first character I ever bought, and hence was my main until I got Ezreal.
It's kinda crazy he's getting used this much now, and nearly all the developed 'metagame' for him in terms of how to use him well has been thrown out the window for MOAR DAMAGE MUST MUST MUST DAMAGE OMG 50% DAMAGE INCREASE.

Like, insta-newb alert back in my day if people were to level up siphon strike beyond level 1 early.... Wither being a crazy skill that was better early because people didn't have merc treads. And Spirit Fire clearing all 6 creeps at level 4 (i.e. when you're at the lvl 7 mark). But yeah... everyone just levels up siphon and tries to hard core mash it to level it up now.

Also it's funny, over time, there's been some indirect buffs to Nasus.
Not many people get mercury treads these days.... it's quite bizarre. Most casters feel they have to get sorc boots and most everyone else is grabbing the ionian boots atm... Nasus being able to reliably get the 5 second wither on most enemies is actually huge for him as well.

Still while Nasus has been given some strength that people may complain about, he's still uber hard countered by the likes of kennen in solo lanes.
Kennen, Anivia, Nidalee, nearly anyone with good harassment + range will make Nasus' life a living hell. And then he's pretty much useless.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
A lot of characters can throw out specials every 2 seconds, there's still a hard cap on how effective that is though. Like let's say you get UBER fed and somehow can afford a TF really early in the game (like sub level 12 or something), then **** yeah grab it, because you're going to absolutely MELT the competition faster than they can do anything...
IMO the only thing its good for is killing towers, which don't scale with critical strikes.

Nasus was my first character I ever bought, and hence was my main until I got Ezreal.
It's kinda crazy he's getting used this much now, and nearly all the developed 'metagame' for him in terms of how to use him well has been thrown out the window for MOAR DAMAGE MUST MUST MUST DAMAGE OMG 50% DAMAGE INCREASE.

Like, insta-newb alert back in my day if people were to level up siphon strike beyond level 1 early.... Wither being a crazy skill that was better early because people didn't have merc treads. And Spirit Fire clearing all 6 creeps at level 4 (i.e. when you're at the lvl 7 mark). But yeah... everyone just levels up siphon and tries to hard core mash it to level it up now.

Also it's funny, over time, there's been some indirect buffs to Nasus.
Not many people get mercury treads these days.... it's quite bizarre. Most casters feel they have to get sorc boots and most everyone else is grabbing the ionian boots atm... Nasus being able to reliably get the 5 second wither on most enemies is actually huge for him as well.

Still while Nasus has been given some strength that people may complain about, he's still uber hard countered by the likes of kennen in solo lanes.
Kennen, Anivia, Nidalee, nearly anyone with good harassment + range will make Nasus' life a living hell. And then he's pretty much useless.
No I hate DPS Nasus, I don't like the concept at all. If any AD item at all I get Frozen Mallet and that's not even for the AD.

Also yeah I get 1 in Siphon Strike at level 1 and that's where it stays for a while, unless my lanemate really can't benefit off Wither (Which he always should since it *****). I think Treads are a must in this current metagame, although I can understand changing it up in certain instances. Too many people don't even look at the other team when picking their builds, and honestly with the amount Treads shut Wither down that alone is almost convincing enough to get them.

I'm also surprised at the surplus of Nasus players now lol and it pisses me off every time I see a Nasus4DPS thread or something.

I can kinda understand it now, though, within the past week-ish. That SS buff? feelsgoodman.jpg

I know what you mean about heavy harass lanes though. Last week had a Mundo + Kennen lane, and I got hardcore denied. With this new buff though, Nasus can kind of afford to get denied since SS gets so **** so fast.

Also, just had an Ezreal on my team a few games ago and it reminded me of your pain. My condolences.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Absorb health spam which is way broken because no NPCs actually have flat Resist Magicka.

's Like, what's the point of having Destruction as a skill when Alteration does the same thing but better + has actual utility.

DURRR URRRR DESTRUCTION SPELLS HAVE A BETTER MANA/DMG RATIO.

Well yeah, but ever since when did you not have 10000 Restore Magicka potions which you either made yourself with the most broken form of Alchemy ever to appear in any 1 game, or which you just nacked from the Mage Guild chest 20 at a time?

Real talk, Absorb Health only gets inferior at the point on which you have a full set of artifacts with maxed armor skills and you don't care about survivability and just about pure damage and are using spells which take up your entire Magicka pool at a time.

Now shut up.

Player-3

Smash Hero
anaky is the man

he's the only person i respect for trolling on smashboards

except for the falcon boards but they don't count

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I must add that Lucidity gets everyone and his mother to max CDR and as we all know, CDR is the best scaling stat for both damage and utility. 40% reduction is realistic when properly built and no longer means you have to cut back too much on more regular stats.

15% reduction is just way superior to every other boots except for Merc Threads, and even then depending on the enemy team composition. I'd go as far as say they're slightly broken, and 10% would make them less overcentralized.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Viridian city 9 going on right now.

Minty lost to Kai and is playing Afro in losers bracket. Winner plays Vinnie.

Kadaj beat Cheese!

http://twitter.com/vinnie516

Edit: Anti just beat M2K. Wow.

Edit: Minty beat Afro but lost to Vinnie. Vin usually goes ROB against him :/

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm sad that there isn't a livestream for it :/

Good job to anti, finally getting that win over M2K

Penta beat Chibo? Gooooooo penta!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
From what I recall,
Kadaj has an extremely high winning record against ICs.

I believe he has a winning record against LAIN, Meep, etc.

He spent a few weeks playing an ICs main (forgot who he was) consistently about a yearish ago and I don't believe he's lost to an ICs in tournament since.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I wonder if he's played Hylian in tourney. Hylian's favorite matchup is marth and he would destroy me at all the local monthlies before he moved.

Top Bottom