• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Bus is only like $20 round trip. You could maybe get a ride with Street Fighter guys next time, if we do the same thing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Too busy with GF I'd assume ZMT?

Anyway losing to MKs and Snake in tournaments yet again. Damn one of these days I'm going to learn the matchup.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Yeah partially, its going well

Also I completely dropped Marth lulz

Ill still chat here tho since all meh friends are here =]

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh nice, :D good to hear things are going well between the two of you.

Good choice, you won't get recovery ***** by MK down air.

I really think I'm going to have to start recovering high now.......But I'm going to eat nothing but fsmash and dsmash when I land on the stage.

Albert.

Smash Master
It's even because Pika is like MK-lite in the sense that he has a lot of fast punishers, a lot of power, great dash, great grab game, a lot of frame set-ups and stupid gay s***. Pika just doesn't have MK's range.

Here's an example of one of Pika's stupid tools: Thunder jolt is mad useful for both offense and defense, like You Hit Pika offstage and then he just sends a Jolt to cover his path back to the ground. The jolt interrupts your air frame trap because you have to deal with the jolt, whether it be a dodge, clash or evade.

Now obviously you can work your way around that, but then he's already limited your options and limited your ability to do a standard Uair>Fair Bair>Fair Fair>Fair Airdodge bait frame trap, now you have to come from below or fromstraight horizantal, either of which is easier said than done.

Pika's Ability to punish a Marth whiff is on par with MK, Wario, Falco, and Snake. You don't want to whiff against Pika.

You can't gimp him either, but he can certainly gimp you. It'd be awesome if Marth had more jumps trolllface. Marth also has to work distinctly harder to net kills on Pika Than Pika has on Marth. Pika has a ton of kill options and set-ups vs Marth, A lot of which are really quick (AH SCARY D:)

His spot-dodge is ******** good (evades DB)

But now, the most conclusive evidence that the old theory-craft consensus That Marth wins the match up, might be wrong, is that there are very few instances of Marth players beating top Pikas. Hasn't Anther beaten Neo and Pierce in the past? Hasn't Esam beaten Mike and Chaz? Chaz would be the most knowledgeable in the match-up (he usually has to play Esam in tourney at our FL monthlies) but Chaz usually can't get a win on the little rat :(

Regarding Esam's overpoweredness- (don't give me that "well he's obviously just on a diff level than everybody, m2k-syndrome) You could say that Chaz isn't on the same level as Esam but Esam and Mike are certainly known as members of the Best if not The Best of their respective characters.

OH, Mike did beat Anther at an MLG but If you're thinking honestly, you know that Game 2's sudden win for mike was pure flukesies.

Pika is gay.

Hi Esam if you've name-searched.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Vs pretty much everyone you wanna recover low unless you know they are prepared for it and are letting you get back on safely by grabbing the ledge too early. Dolphin Slash is your only recovery move and it has far more vertical recovery then horizontal right? So you pretty much have to recover low.

When I played Marth, I used to have a habit of using my jump (uselessly) and then using my up b so if I get hit out of it, I basically die. Only use your jump if you have to, and abuse your aerial mobility to aid recovery.

Vs MK if you recover with a jump onto the stage he can just shuttle loop you and you get gimped at 0%, too risky rly

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I tend to save my jumps too, xD learned the hard way from playing against a Pikachu yeseterday. It's just that the MK I was playing was expecting it, so whether I went straight to DS or not I ate Down Air. Maybe I was too vertical?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
^

anyway I've got a nice 6 days before the next tournament. I guess I'll goof around on Wi-Fi to try and develop some recover strats and practicing what you've recommended.

C.J.

Smash Master
I love fighting vs Pika. Too fun... until they start ducking and crawling places making them twice as hard to hit. Ditto squirtle.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If you're serious, then I'm so down for this.

When are you able to play during the week?
I can play anytime this week 24/7 cause I have chronic insomnia xP

If anyone wants to play wifi let me know, I can use whatever character you want, learn tons of mu's =]

Top Bottom