• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Mr-R

Smash Champion
yeah I also have a tourney tomorrow, todays the melee day ( armada is also there btw and hes gonna attend brawl as well ) hope the weather wont *** me up xD

-Ran

Smash Master
I've played so much of Light's Sheik, and for what it's worth.... Don't play the match up like the match up is meant to be played. High level Sheik is all about predicting and punishing with her insanely quick moves, and if you play by the book, and space it as it should be, you'll get picked apart.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Smash Drama was too good

I'm not catching on to that statement Ran, so we aren't supposed to space? Being in Shiek's face would be worse wouldn't it?

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
I've played so much of Light's Sheik, and for what it's worth.... Don't play the match up like the match up is meant to be played. High level Sheik is all about predicting and punishing with her insanely quick moves, and if you play by the book, and space it as it should be, you'll get picked apart.
Please explain the thinking behind these statements. I thought that a big part of Marth's metagame is spacing. How can you just eliminate that?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
this is a really dumb post lol

*continues lurking

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm serious. If you are always where you should be, you'll be punished. I'll post later, since I'm on my phone. I probably played against Light 50 times over the past month.

Nic64

Smash Lord
If you're getting punished for being "where you should be", maybe you don't know "where you should be", the way you describe it is a contradiction. Mixing up/not being predictable is something you need to concern yourself with against any decent character, the way you're saying it is like "play completely backwards".

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
If you're getting punished for being "where you should be", maybe you don't know "where you should be", the way you describe it is a contradiction. Mixing up/not being predictable is something you need to concern yourself with against any decent character, the way you're saying it is like "play completely backwards".
I agree 100%. Lol at "maybe you don't know 'where you should be.'

Palpi

Smash Hero
It is because there is probably a different 'zone' you want to be in than most match-ups. If you are playing it like other match-ups, then you are not adapting.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm serious. If you are always where you should be, you'll be punished. I'll post later, since I'm on my phone. I probably played against Light 50 times over the past month.
light could just be a better player than you and you don't know the match up

my thread on marth's zones explains exactly what to do with sheik in terms of body and sword placement, i highly doubt this has changed in however long i havent played this game unless the mechanics of the game got an update and if so please lmkk

Suspect

Smash Hero
Light is good against marths, he beat broly in a mm.

I only like playing lights sheik, his rob and mk plays pretty gay -_-

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
yeah I also have a tourney tomorrow, todays the melee day ( armada is also there btw and hes gonna attend brawl as well ) hope the weather wont *** me up xD
Didn't he place 17th or something at Genesis with Shiek? You should definitely record a MM$.

Top Bottom