• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I won a tournament yesterday.
Doubles/Singles.

No Marth + Diddy, my usual partner wasn't there :(. But for the first time I made Marth + MK work, teaming with someone who ive been sporadically teaming with for the entire life span of brawl but which has always resulted in failure/us raging at eachother.

I ****ing love watching the replays of doubles though. lololol

If they ban Brinstar (like they should),
you CP Delfino.

Just camp on the platforms.
They're long and hard, giving you lots of room to dash around making IC's uair crap useless.
Generally the platforms are too high for ICs so that it requires them to full hop/double jump, meaning GET *****.

Camp and wait for the transitions between parts of the stage to start wrecking havok. Then repeat running away.

You primarily want to destroy them early when you have the 'multiple pillars' part of the stage. This is where you can abuse the water + invincibility frames + ledges to seperate them and kill, and once you have that is when you do SUPER CAMP. THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO TO AVOID IT.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pretty informative post Shaya I had no idea they couldn't short hop and hit me on the platforms o:

I'm CPing that stage now over Brinstar if at all possible

Player-3

Smash Hero
only ics i fought i havent lost a game to

only been grabbed once too

spacespacespacespace
campcampcamp
lololololbrawl

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol wut
not alby

that guy doesnt play ic
he chaingrabs with d3

and if he namesearches, doesnt show up to tournaments he said he would

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I've been Dolphin Slashing a lot O.o

But in a good way, I've gotten extremely consistent with it. Makes the MK matchup a lot easier.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i would do it but theres nothing to discuss

1- team with a diddy
2- learn how to use banans effectively
3- **** and protect your banana throwing friend while he gathers ammo

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

Player-3

Smash Hero
wtf shaya

first vid around 2:50

you baired him so much
why didnt you do at least one dair? i guess your way worked but idk why snake went for the edge and not the stage
lol

and why did you full hop uair so much? just wondering i find it useless when you can sh uair/sh delayed uair

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
if u want to **** MK then no

correct/newbpost
corrected. But a smart marth can **** even Jesus.

didn't the marth boards have a doubles thread before iirc?

and doubles are too fun.
I dont know if there was, ask someone who pays attention.

Thats why we should discuss it. So we can watch vids of (**** team) marth + ??? vs. ??? + ???(***** team)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
wtf shaya

first vid around 2:50

you baired him so much
why didnt you do at least one dair? i guess your way worked but idk why snake went for the edge and not the stage
lol

and why did you full hop uair so much? just wondering i find it useless when you can sh uair/sh delayed uair
He was too high above my head for me to get a dair without ledge jumping which is too laggy.

I like getting people further up from the ground,
and Marth's fast fall speed is very under appreciated (better than 2/3rds of the cast), making going for full hop uairs at a safe position to avoid counter attacks, and then fast falling resulting in you most likely being on the ground before them is better.

∫unk

Smash Master
2 best marth's on teams:

zex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrkr1mI0Yg

to sd twice and still **** a team that's taken games off m2k/ally is crazy. it took warp and i no sd's + comeback mode to barely beat that team.

mikehaze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQIaGcYIVzk

mike and havok play more 1v1 but they still have some situations where the opponent is being pressured by both sides and has no escape option

here's me and warp from last weekend if you're bored and want to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C95zsY68OKg

wc teams are scary

Player-3

Smash Hero
He was too high above my head for me to get a dair without ledge jumping which is too laggy.

I like getting people further up from the ground,
and Marth's fast fall speed is very under appreciated (better than 2/3rds of the cast), making going for full hop uairs at a safe position to avoid counter attacks, and then fast falling resulting in you most likely being on the ground before them is better.
dairs are fun though

is his ff really that fast?

thats pretty cool

ill abuse that more

∫unk

Smash Master
Calling other regions "garbage" is new, funny trash talk that helps you become a better player and helps your region become better by verbally establishing superiority.

I think the EC is really good and the WC has a lot they can learn from them.

Top Bottom