• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
Well if you use Marth every now and again, then come here and talk about him, strategies or **** like that. If you wanted to bug him, then bug him on his profile or PM him. *shrugs* Sorry but I hate people that go off topic just for the heck of it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
so guise i made 5th today

i lost to a pika/yoshi (due to no matchup exp... at all.... last stock high %s each match got hit by kill moves i wasnt thinking of...)

and a mk

ff
i should have beat the mk, last stock he was 150% then i dj into his dair and di it horribly and die at like 90
|:<

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
so guise i made 5th today

i lost to a pika/yoshi (due to no matchup exp... at all.... last stock high %s each match got hit by kill moves i wasnt thinking of...)

and a mk

ff
i should have beat the mk, last stock he was 150% then i dj into his dair and di it horribly and die at like 90
|:<
Aw. That sucks... D: Better luck next time?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
lol Terios

xD so you felt like saying I kiss boys eh!?

Sorry I'm straight ;D
I <3 you anyway.

1) Did I say there was?
2) I explained that I don't like spammers
3) Wish I could, but I'm not taking matches until my training is done.
1. Yes
Sorry but I hate people that go off topic just for the heck of it.
2. It's not like I came in here singing a random song or posting links to random vids. I was saying something to someone who posted in the thread.
3. Sadface. Maybe some other time.

Edit: Was it Bigman/Rai/Scatz? He's legit dude. Don't feel bad lol

Better luck next time dude.

-Ran

Smash Master
light could just be a better player than you and you don't know the match up
Light and I are going even now. A month ago he was significantly better, but I closed the gap. Now it's back and forth. He's one of my favorite people to play with in Texas.

Light is good against marths, he beat broly in a
mm.

I only like playing lights sheik, his rob and mk plays pretty gay -_-
Yea, Light knows the Marth match up VERY well, hence you have to mix up constantly. I suppose that's what I was attempting to say when I wrote my post with having had a single minute of sleep. [I still haven't.] What I meant is that you need to vary your spacing greatly to the extent that you're never where Sheik will expect you, and sometimes going towards the third, or fourth option in a situation ends up being better than the initial option since the Sheik player should have a pre-constructed method of dealing with it in their play-style.

For example, let's say I would attempt to Fair him when he was grounded. Typically, he'd move enough into my spacing so that regardless of how I control my aerial momentum, I'm within his ideal spacing. Due to Sheik's relatively quick speed, it isn't too hard to imagine is it? From there, he could utilize perfect shield [which he does rather well] and punish with one of his quick moves. If I didn't attack with the fair, he could still go for the down-smash [frame 3], or bait the Up-B after a few of these exchanges which then sets up for easy damage.

Light is accustomed to moving into the spacing area that Marth's typically use so that he can punish them. I found that if I altered my spacing significantly every exchange that he couldn't punish me effectively. I'm not saying 'poorly space,' but rather utilize different spacing tools consistently so that there is nothing to key off. So by using the normal methods in the match up, Sheik knows where she must be in relation to yourself in order to close the gap and inflict damage.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
what are you even saying. you're talking completely mind games and against light in particular not the sheik match up. of course sheik wants to get inside your spacing how else does she hit marth? you have a sword so dont let her

saying "well he probably expects one of the three main options so instead you should do this random *** unsafe thing" isn't helpful to anyone.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, someone mentioned they would be playing a top level Sheik and to my understanding Light is one of them. I felt that my insight onto the matter might have been at the very least helpful in reminding them the necessity of mixing up their spacing options consistently. So what, saying that a high level Sheik is all about punishing your actions, and the fact you make it easier on them by being 'by the book' doesn't help?

∫unk

Smash Master
I dunno but warp and I made it out of pools doubles and singles we beat fow and sk92 in doubles pools I'm like 30 dollars up in mms hopefully we do well tomorrow

I'm probably going to use some metaknight even though I want to go all ddd, mk falco icys olimar are too dumb

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
tl dr is too long don't read Kadaj if that was what you were asking.

And having that I'm not even on a better than average level I see why Ran is saying what he is.

Basically that Shiek he's playing goes through a step by step process on how and when to get around Marths fair wall, so he's recommending that we mix up our spacing tactics.

Steel's zoning chart helps me alot with this match up, so I would see how using other spacing methods besides fair would help for a little bit.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Well, someone mentioned they would be playing a top level Sheik and to my understanding Light is one of them. I felt that my insight onto the matter might have been at the very least helpful in reminding them the necessity of mixing up their spacing options consistently. So what, saying that a high level Sheik is all about punishing your actions, and the fact you make it easier on them by being 'by the book' doesn't help?
sheik has the tools to get inside marth's zoning and marth has the tools to keep her out. going in there and telling yourself "ok, i'm gonna have to do what he doesn't expect me to" doesn't seem helpful to me in the least bit. that's just saying don't be predictable, which you apply to every match against every player. there is one primary spacing position you want to be at against sheik, and that's the tip of your sword. you don't want her closer and you don't want her farther. if she's closer than you will obviously get hit, if she's farther then she has ways to sneak in. if you're properly zoning her all she can do is run away, and there's only so much stage to run away on.

palpi i will NOT play my god **** foosball because sometimes i get BORED and feel like tlaking about this crap game

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
sheik has the tools to get inside marth's zoning and marth has the tools to keep her out. going in there and telling yourself "ok, i'm gonna have to do what he doesn't expect me to" doesn't seem helpful to me in the least bit. that's just saying don't be predictable, which you apply to every match against every player. there is one primary spacing position you want to be at against sheik, and that's the tip of your sword. you don't want her closer and you don't want her farther. if she's closer than you will obviously get hit, if she's farther then she has ways to sneak in. if you're properly zoning her all she can do is run away, and there's only so much stage to run away on.

palpi i will NOT play my god **** foosball because sometimes i get BORED and feel like tlaking about this crap game
I told you Steel was bored.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
okay here are the results for those that were interested,

Teams

1 Mr-R & istudying
2 kaak & T
3 Armada & Aniolas
4 Jumpman & Cenel
5 Gregs & Skippo
5 reaper & Pamaro

Singles

1 istudying
2 Mr-R
3 Gregs
4 reaper
5 kaak
5 S1-14
7 Jumpman
7 Skippo
9 Armada

ok so I got send to LB by istud with a 3-2 score,
then in granfinals, because of some kind of weird rule, we started off with 3-2 again and did a best of 13 ? ( so he had a 1 game lead )

he then won with 7-6, Im gonna upload the matches any time soon now so feel free to give me advice.
also kaak wants me to type that hes awesome, so KAAKS AWESOME!!!

ps: Didn't have time to play a mm vs armada :( but istud apparantly 3 stocked him

Player-3

Smash Hero
did istud play diddy in singles or snake?

i recall seeing him play snake in singles but he was playing diddy in doubles

plus i know the diddy matchup pretty well

however theres only one diddy in my state

and i never get in him tourny so i cant **** him

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lol istud quit snake a LONG time ago, I kinda **** snakes xD
he plays IC/DIDDY now AND HIS IC ONLY FAILED CG ONCE!!!,
last match i had like 30 % and he had 100 +, then he got the grab and that KILLED ME XD
and man im pretty disappointed, I ended 2nd twice in a row xD!
ALSO he STILL perfectly chaingrabbed me on lylat/yoshi's , i thought it was rlly hard for IC to chaingrab there ._.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
last match i had like 30 % and he had 100 +, then he got the grab and that KILLED ME XD
ALSO he STILL perfectly chaingrabbed me on lylat/yoshi's , i thought it was rlly hard for IC to chaingrab there ._.
I find Marth easy to CG. or maybe its just my grab style. 8D

Lylat/YI isn't harder, it just makes it look different when you throw, if you don't pay attention to that its exactly the same.

Brinstar and RC are the best counterpicks to Icies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol

I cud b pplr in minutz

I may do that though, now to pick up another sd card, I like my music and textures too much to replace it on my crrent one haha

Edit sorry just saw your comment Mr.R

IC's I'd pick stages like Delfino, Lylat possibly Brinstar. Messes up their chain grabs, and on Brinstar getting rid of Nana wouldn't be as difficult.

Lylat's tilts could mess up chain grabs

Delfino's stage chances might save you during a CG, and a couple of dtilt lock possibilities

Hmm Diddy, I have played a Diddy maybe two times offline, I can't help with that D:
shocked lylat didn't do anything, maybe Brinstar is the better way to go

hmm

Top Bottom