• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
I need practice with Wario match up! ****, Wario is really gay. The MU is 60:40 right?!

Fear, i will pm my Msn to you. If you want to try wi fi someday.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Learn to utilt. Utilt's respectably large horizontal range directly above his head gives Wario many issues (lol crossover oh wait).
The big issue in the match up is approaching. Approaching eachother is a ***** for both characters. Gotta be gay moar. Wario wants you to.

and tipper fsmash on reaction to their really slow aeria- oh wait.

∫unk

Smash Master
no they can wait for you to u-tilt then hit you but its good if you know they're coming in

its just a spacing matchup you could only use f-air and grab and win

its a good matchup to learn spacing tricks and how to destroy spacing patterns

whatever you do mindlessly attacking is not going to work. thats the big thing i dont think a lot of marths understand... when a high level player is doing sh f-air its different from just any marth doing sh f-air.

the same maneuver but one player is actively trying to cover/eliminate options while the other is just hoping to get lucky.

completely unrelated but LMFAO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2nuFRmtBIo

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
Well i will try to do that. Maybe i will record a match vs Wario for a video critique this weekend.

Always thanks Shaya and Junk.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ayen: Definitely. I got your pm and added you on msn. You're definitely way better than me though. =b

Steel and all you other mac whores:
I'm a comp sci major. You people can enjoy your macs but realize they're not superior in any way, shape or form. Some people argue they have a better ui but that's a matter of preference, which is fine. People who argue it has better programs for artistic things(video editors, etc.) are simply misinformed. Windows has all of those available to them...and most of them are free. Macs are not less susceptible to viruses. People who make viruses just realize that macs have less than 7% of the market and it's not even worth their time developing viruses for them usually. Either way, with the money you save not buying a Mac, you could have bought a good virus scanner anyways(or just use avast or AVG). But it's really not too hard to avoid getting a virus these days anyways. Cost-wise, Macs cost more. End of story. If you're actually a computer geek, Macs are much more limiting when you're doing really low level stuff due to lack of privileges when working at the OS level(usually when you're programming in assembly). Obviously Microsoft also has some blocks on privileges(in comparison to say...Unix) but it's significantly less than Macs. So really, the only advantages of having a Mac are preference of the UI and the tech support. Mac tech support is pretty good.

Touchy subject for me. I have this argument with my Apple buddies all the time.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Mac = PC.

I use a Mac, personally--it's a huge-screen'd desktop, an iMac running OSX10.5.8 (Leopard~), and it has SIGNIFICANTLY better specs than all our other computers (which is 1 pretty old desktop PC, an old PC laptop that doesn't work anymore really, another, less-old-but-still-not-new PC laptop with a bad battery and power cord and who knows what else wrong, and another PC laptop that I think is newer than my Mac but runs like ****).

So obviously, desktops > laptops. But also, a Mac fresh out of the box > a PC fresh out of the box--that is, in terms of pre-installed software and settings etc. Srsly, Garage Band/iMovie >>>>> Windows Movie Maker, Safari >>>>> Internet Explorer, and IMO iTunes >>>> Windows Media Player. Oh, and TextEdit > Notepad/Wordpad, perhaps. And the UI is gahjuss of course.

The fewer viruses thing is nice, even if it is just 'cause virus makers don't want to bother making them for Macs (which is part of the reason I don't like to try to argue people into liking/getting Macs--the fewer the better ;)).

But from there, it all depends on what you wanna do. Coding, gaming, stuff like that? PC is better. Working in media, arts, etc.? IMO Mac is better. The lack of Mac love when it comes to a lot of programs is annoying, but a little digging and you can find some real treasures. At least, that's what I've found. A pricey program not available for Mac? Hit google and find something that does the same thing, but for Mac--and oh yeah, at least half the time it's free. ;)

The biggest attraction to Mac for me, though, is all the little features and such. New technology (or at least, new implementations of not-so-new tech) presented in a user-friendly, shiny package just makes me stare, drooling, 'til my eyes gloss over. :laugh: I LOVE Genius, for instance. Similarly, AppleScript and Automator are pretty awesome. As are the iPods/iPhone and all the apps, etc.

Although lastly, I don't see or have any trouble with privileges. From what I've seen, it's about the same as PCs. Granted I don't do much "low level" stuff anyway, but still. O.o

Err... tl;dr: Read the first line and ignore the rest. :laugh:

Maybe you should have thought about that before you went and got mike pregnant.

Kadaj is off becoming a father just like Neo.
PFFFFTTT SO glad I hadn't just taken a sip of anything when I read this. omg. :laugh:

(BTW, is anyone else having trouble with most of the board's images not displaying? Avatars, buttons, etc.--not loading. It's weird.)

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
In PC or MAC i can post in Smashboards and watch Smashboards, so whats the problem? Ok, thats lol.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ok here's the thing viq. I guess in order of how you addressed them.

Your PC and Mac: How much did each one cost....and how much older is your PC than your Mac? Also, it's not just that Desktops are better than Laptops in terms of power and such, you're probably carrying around your laptop and it's probably getting beat up over time so that might be why it's not working as well after some time.

Mac fresh out of the box > PC fresh out of the box: I'll give you that. But that's an advantage that wears out in 3 days when you have all the stuff you want installed and set up on your PC(By the way, more software out for the PC than the Mac because PC's have a 93% marketshare. I assume everyone here is a gamer so PC DEFINITELY gets way more access to games(a significant amount too) over Macs).

UI: Personally, I hate the Mac ui so much but some others seem to like it. PC ui is alright. But then again, when I have linux installed I basically work from terminal, so I'm probably not a good judge for ui. But I will say that I can find some software that gives any NT(Windows) system the look and feel of a Mac without eating up much memory.

Viruses: Honestly if you get one, it's probably your own fault and you probably deserved it imo.

Other programs: Actually, the amount of freeware available for the PC is higher than that for Unix. Unix is obviously second(because Unix IS freeware), and Mac last. You argue about quality but I can get the exact same thing for free, only it'll be easier to find. But like I said, the whole working in the arts thing is a misnomer. Some of the BEST software(I'm talking about the REALLY good stuff, not just the free stuff) for the arts is actually out for PC's anyways. Pinnacle Studio. Photoshop. CAD's. You name it.

Apple's "shiny new features": This is honestly what I hate about Apple. They take something people have done, wrap it up, and sell it at two to three times the price. I don't care that they take other people's ideas because that's what drives the industry. It's more just that they overprice it like crazy and it still sells because people get caught up in the "shiny new" feel of it. They're marketing geniuses, I'll give them that. But really you're getting ripped off.
Also genius is TERRIBLE. Use pandora. >>
Apple's portable mp3 player line(iPod, iPhone, iTouch, etc) I have to say is pretty slick. Overpriced and other people have the same thing at a cheaper price, but for the iPhone and iTouch, Apple brought enough people into one place to have a good source of Applications for them.

Privileges: I'm talking about like low level coding stuff so honestly this is just a really minor point seeing as it probably affects 3% of the population of computer users.

tl;dr: I hate Apple because they're geniuses when it comes to marketing their stuff and manage to rip off 6% of the computer population with the "look at how sleek it looks!" PC's and Mac's are pretty much the same in terms of ACTUAL OS functionality. But PC's have a much larger population supporting their use and way more people writing programs for it. In addition, they're more bang for your buck. It's just a fact. PC=Mac in terms of Functionality, but PC > Mac in terms of actual access. Unix > both of them if you have the time and patience to set it up.

Ayen: The problem is if we come to an agreement we're not fighting. If we're not fighting, I don't have an excuse to not be doing homework.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Something that worked with me on the wario matchups were shorthopped uair and utilt right after in an non approaching manner. It works for a couple of times.

btw Steel's edit for the pc argument was lol

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
feardragon, your description of mac vs windows reminds me somewhat of nintendo vs xbox and how nintendo's marketing has gazillions of people buying their overhyped gimmicks.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Nintendo abandoned us.
They're not a gaming company anymore. They've pretty much done everything except for flat out say it. Past few E3's they've made it clear they're marketing toward people who don't play video games...They're like the old hero that everyone looked up to but is now old, senile, and a total douchebag.

To me it's still, "I'll settle for an xbox because I can't afford a ps3," not, "I wonder if I'll have more fun with an xbox or a PS3." PS3 has better games in my opinion.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
ps3's gone through a huge price drop so its not so bad. i liked some ps3 games, although i think i enjoy xbox games overall myself. there is however no circumveting how gorgeous ps3 games look

∫unk

Smash Master
i dunno if u turn on ur wii and have access to....

smash 64
melee
brawl (hacked with textures default ruleset etc)
22 other wii games
wave race 64
star fox 64
mario kart 64
paper mario
zelda ocarina of time master quest
metal slug
megaman 9
15 of the best snes games (could have more)
10 of the best gba games (could have more)
other mediocre apps like the radio and wii earth

right as you turn on the wii with no cd switches its pretty tight

Tennet

Smash Champion
i dunno if u turn on ur wii and have access to....

smash 64
melee
brawl (hacked with textures default ruleset etc)
22 other wii games
wave race 64
star fox 64
mario kart 64
paper mario
zelda ocarina of time master quest
metal slug
megaman 9
15 of the best snes games (could have more)
10 of the best gba games (could have more)
other mediocre apps like the radio and wii earth

right as you turn on the wii with no cd switches its pretty tight
I do! except that 22 is a smaller number

Albert.

Smash Master
one thing regarding Fear's arguement music software is better on Apple.

That's actually proven LOL because all of the music industry uses Apple. So what you said something about "artsy stuff being better on mac isn't actually true" isn't actually true

IN OTHER NEWS I JUST GOT HOME from boston IM GOING TO GO SEE MY gf tonight whoooo :)

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@Fear:

Well, I don't remember the price, but I don't think they were too different--at least, no bigger a difference than you'd expect between a little 15-ish inch screen laptop and a big, 24-ish inch screen desktop. XD Also, as I said, the laptop's no older than the Mac--perhaps newer. And we never bring it anywhere, so it's certainly not beat up or anything.

And yes, I said PCs were better for games, no question. :laugh:

Really, it only annoyed me at first how few programs worked for Mac, but once I figured out ways around that, that's no longer a problem in the least. I think it kinda comes down to where you want to spend your time. Macs are better to begin with, but it'll take you longer to improve upon that (finding and downloading software etc.). PCs are worse to begin with, but it's easier to find better programs.

Wat. You don't like OSX's UI? Blasphemy! :laugh: Meh, it's a minor point anyway.

'Bout viruses: Amen, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Freeware: Perhaps, but my point stands--there's been a free alternative for every program I've wanted that was too expensive and/or not available for Mac thus far. So compatibility hasn't been too much of a problem. Also, things like Photoshop are available for Mac too (...rereading that, that might've been your point, actually, so... yeah xD). I find it easier to multitask and do everything I need to do for whatever art I'm working on on Mac. That might, admittedly, just be a personal thing--better RAM and bigger screen than any PC I've had, which may or may not have anything to do with it being a Mac. But it's not like I'm the first to think this, so there might just be something to it.

And Genius vs. Pandora: I use both, actually, on the rare occasion I have use for that sorta thing (Genius more often, since it'll A--compile a playlist of related music out of stuff I already have and then just play those, and then I can tweak it, so no random things that miss the mark entirely and no limit on how many times you can listen to one track; and B--it's always there in the side panel of iTunes, so if I just have it open to have something in the BG, I might just stumble over something I like without trying). But as of the most recent iPod Touch/iPhone update, Genius works for apps as well as music, which is neat 'cause the amount of apps is really kinda overwhelming. xD

NTM that was just an example. I haven't personally seen much that's been done before being simply repackaged and sold for more by Apple--they build on it in some way, even if it's just increasing accessibility for the average user. But I, of course, can't think of any examples atm. xD

and about privileges: yeah, I guess I'm not sure what you're referring to, as I've had no privilege issues. Nonetheless, you're right, that effects a very small percentage. A percentage which would probably go with Unix or something else entirely anyway.

Lastly, looks like you've gotta do your homework, since we're not fighting! :laugh:

Wait no, this is "lastly"--It's nice to see people here who like Macs (steel, bass, etc.) since lately, everywhere I've looked there's been Mac hate. Granted, I've been lurking in some gaming forums and such, but you know. Just 'cause PCs are better for games doesn't mean Macs suck. ;_;

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
  1. Nintendo abandoned us.
They're not a gaming company anymore. They've pretty much done everything except for flat out say it. Past few E3's they've made it clear they're marketing toward people who don't play video games...They're like the old hero that everyone looked up to but is now old, senile, and a total douchebag.

To me it's still, "I'll settle for an xbox because I can't afford a ps3," not, "I wonder if I'll have more fun with an xbox or a PS3." PS3 has better games in my opinion.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/57938/saturday-night-live-wii-guys
And according to this, a pervert as well.

btw, it's Shaya's birthday.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I was going to reply to everything
But then I realized it was friggin 6:30AM and I stayed up all night and I DON'T feel like writing a reply to all of that. Sorry viq. I'll just say this. I hate Apple culture more than the actual OS.

And ya phi, I kinda figured you were an engineer. lol
That or a physics major.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
PC dual-booting Windows 7 and Linux (personally ubuntu studios) is where it's at.

Mac's don't have the compatibility that I need as a comp-sci major to use their OS, and windows on them is inferior.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
2 observations whenever i see a mac/pc debate:

1- comp sci/eng students usually choose pc typically with a third party os as well.

2- mac users usually bash pc, typically recycling whatever the tv ads say.

otherwise, the remaining arguments always break down to customization/power/growth potential vs. shiny casual user friendly interface.

∫unk

Smash Master
gpeternity im sure pc users would repeat ads too but pcs dont even need to advertise cause of how dominant they are

and im not a mac user in the normal sense of the word so your observations are incorrect

honestly this discussion is really boring who cares what computer you have... im also wearing green shorts and a white shirt today because its a superior clothes combination

Top Bottom