• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
^
the girl laughs at the innuendo.
viquey wtf happend to your skype? i found you, talked to you once, and you never came online again O_o
Why yes, yes I do.

Haha. For a while, a couple things I was downloading kept making my internet hiccup, which made aim, msn, yim, skype, etc. all log me out and back in and pop open. Since I'm stupidly forgetful, that was the only way I ever remembered to keep logged in. :laugh: But at some point, I guess they auto-logged me out so internet hiccups no longer made them pop up at me. So I promptly forgot all about them. :lick:

...I guess I should log back in, eh? Though I'll still make a point of not being logged in to Skype all that often. I left it logged in one day and wound up with some random French guy chatting me up like we were part of some kind of dating service. :p

More on topic--heh, I love awesome/lucky techs like that. Moreover, awesome impossible recoveries.
See: the "Snakeee's Theorem" section of the Zero Zoot Samus combo vid |D

Marauder

Smash Journeyman

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
lol @ Blazblue. Your Jin is impressive but that Tao wasn't lying about its name. Do you use a stick or the standard 360 controller?

Um.. could someone explain the purpose of shield breaker bouncing?
ya thats not the tao's real name, i just didnt care enough to post it so i call him "scrub." Double Perfects are always funny in games that have chip damage.

i use a stick

and sb bouncing is only good for changing direction on recovery or doing a random *** spacing maneuver on ground.

EDIT: WTF why did i just contribute to the community of brawl....

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Um.. could someone explain the purpose of shield breaker bouncing?
Pretty much what take said. It's mad useful for recovery.

The other situation where I use it is when I barely survived a vertical kill move and I want to land safely. Double jump and charge a shield breaker, just watch for their positioning and move inward or out away from the stage depending on how they are reacting. It works really well.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I see... I always thought it was just a little gimmick >_>. Also, if you're that high wouldn't it be safer to just drift to the stage rather than to leave yourself open by charging SB?

@take: I figured you used a stick. Theres no way that someone could be so precise with a 360 controller in a fighting game.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I see... I always thought it was just a little gimmick >_>. Also, if you're that high wouldn't it be safer to just drift to the stage rather than to leave yourself open by charging SB?
Almost all characters can run faster than Marth can float, SBBouncing can create huge separation fast.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Its just double jump cancelled wave teching (DJCWT) guys, not as amazing as you all think it is <_<

@ Marauder
yes, it is much safer to float back to the stage than to wavebounce SB, which is why you dont see any marths in tournaments do that, and you rarely see it in friendlies even because it just isnt very good, lol

Viquey's hitting it on with french guys eh? good luck :)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Why yes, yes I do.

Haha. For a while, a couple things I was downloading kept making my internet hiccup, which made aim, msn, yim, skype, etc. all log me out and back in and pop open. Since I'm stupidly forgetful, that was the only way I ever remembered to keep logged in. :laugh: But at some point, I guess they auto-logged me out so internet hiccups no longer made them pop up at me. So I promptly forgot all about them. :lick:

...I guess I should log back in, eh? Though I'll still make a point of not being logged in to Skype all that often. I left it logged in one day and wound up with some random French guy chatting me up like we were part of some kind of dating service. :p

More on topic--heh, I love awesome/lucky techs like that. Moreover, awesome impossible recoveries.
See: the "Snakeee's Theorem" section of the Zero Zoot Samus combo vid |D
A frenchman was chatting up my woman??!!

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
So, from my wi-fi escapade, I've learned these things:

- Practice my recovery and ledge options for a few, they lacked execution today, shake of that rust boi
- Place my aerials and time my aggro better
- Work on the Diddy, Peach, and Kirby MUs

God, I was ****** Snakes today =P Fair --> DB (ends with DB4U) --> Uair x3 lmao

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
[22:31] KrunkE1337: i mean on FD
[22:31] KrunkE1337: where mikehaze got ****ed up
[22:31] KrunkE1337: by hylian
[22:31] datcrazyginger: FD is practically the lake of fire vs Hylian.
[22:31] KrunkE1337: and considering no one is even good with ice climbers yet..
[22:31] KrunkE1337: m2k is preaching that IC can and maybe will be the best in the game'
[22:31] datcrazyginger: Wathafack?

Palpi says the darndest things.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
[22:31] KrunkE1337: i mean on FD
[22:31] KrunkE1337: where mikehaze got ****ed up
[22:31] KrunkE1337: by hylian
[22:31] datcrazyginger: FD is practically the lake of fire vs Hylian.
[22:31] KrunkE1337: and considering no one is even good with ice climbers yet..
[22:31] KrunkE1337: m2k is preaching that IC can and maybe will be the best in the game'
[22:31] datcrazyginger: Wathafack?

Palpi says the darndest things.
Well he called IC broken and MK overrated hahaha.
I think M2K got mind****ed.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Mew2King - no hbox you miss the point he wants to ban MK when MK is an EXTREMELY overrated character while things such as ICs broken **** is allowed which is much worse by comparison. If Max, who I hear is his 2nd tourney ever, won with ICs without even abusing infinites, then imagine how broken the character is with infinites. I don't think Lain or Meep nearly use the character to their full potential, cuz they fall for the same **** I do over and over and over again when they have other moves they don't even bother to try to use. The character as a whole is top tier, then with infinites they can be god tier.

This is pretty much what we were talking about. -----^ Random IC from Pa won a tourney with some good players. (MK banned tourney)

I don't disagree with everything he says, but some of it is pretty rediculous.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
...have you guys actually tried playing icy's

and who did mr random icys beat?
I've played Karina's. I can't go to tourneys, so my experience is limited.

I've taken to full hopping off-stage and using reverse DB1 over and over. My opponents just sort of run around on-stage. :laugh:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Mew2King - no hbox you miss the point he wants to ban MK when MK is an EXTREMELY overrated character while things such as ICs broken **** is allowed which is much worse by comparison. If Max, who I hear is his 2nd tourney ever, won with ICs without even abusing infinites, then imagine how broken the character is with infinites. I don't think Lain or Meep nearly use the character to their full potential, cuz they fall for the same **** I do over and over and over again when they have other moves they don't even bother to try to use. The character as a whole is top tier, then with infinites they can be god tier.

This is pretty much what we were talking about. -----^ Random IC from Pa won a tourney with some good players. (MK banned tourney)

I don't disagree with everything he says, but some of it is pretty rediculous.
Except IC's have a hard counter. MK doesn't.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I wasn't aware that one IC doing really well at ONE tournament could move IC's up at least 4(if not more) spots on the tier list above MK.

So how about that one Lucas player who did really well against all those mk's. Ness must be top tier huh?

Seriously, it's not a big deal until it happens consistently.

Top Bottom