• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Neko, ask Junk about cross-pacific WIFILULZ.

Ask Neo if you want a perhaps similar humourous answer.

zomg Shaya does something awesome.

(Frame 10 of fsmash hitbox btw)

Dot connectors in the hitbox aren't literal straight lines, they're all ARCS.

Purple is tipper.

Some of the arcs are weird, Tipper dot2 to the dot on the hilt curves 'kinda' inwards, then curves back out as it approaches the hilt... it sounds stupid... but thats... kinda how... it worked.

Cape hitbox ftw.

Someone tell me how to do nice arcs in photoshop -.-
Google search "vectors."

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Guess what Shaya?

Heatran, Scizor, Salamence, Gyarados, Swampert, Celebi

My team, so original right? :laugh:

Also yeah Articuno is legal but sucks due to Stealth rocks lol

So Fsmash hitbox comes out on 10, when is it technically in "Front" of marth, like 20?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You're a *** ZMT.

A big, *** *** *** ***.

I was excited about playing pokemanz until people told me about scizor.
*sigh*

Fsmash hits frames 10-13.

Tried vectors, failed, I hate them, **** them. I do two dots, I try and make an ark, but when you make one 'arc' between two points it ****s up the rest of them, and the thing is totally not user friendly, *******s.
I am NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGNER.

I'm pretty sure frame 11 has no 'body' hitboxes (unlike 10), frames 12 and 13 seem to though.

Anyway ****ed around this whilst being bored for like... hours... sigh...

Anyway, point to note here guys...
You can only tipper people at CERTAIN PLACES, not just the 'edge' of the arc (fabulous purple). dohoho gay.
The top left tipper hitbox on frame 11 exists... but... the arc animation seems completely redundant otherwise.

Also Marth's fsmash is really bad at that whole Z axis stuff, even though half the god **** reason it isn't super long range is because Marth strikes at a gay angle.
marth spot dodge = 2-20, end 24; Marth fsmash at several points won't hit him frame 21 or 22.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
You're a *** ZMT.

A big, *** *** *** ***.

I was excited about playing pokemanz until people told me about scizor.
*sigh*

Fsmash hits frames 10-13.

Tried vectors, failed, I hate them, **** them. I do two dots, I try and make an ark, but when you make one 'arc' between two points it ****s up the rest of them, and the thing is totally not user friendly, *******s.
I am NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGNER.

I'm pretty sure frame 11 has no 'body' hitboxes (unlike 10), frames 12 and 13 seem to though.

Anyway ****ed around this whilst being bored for like... hours... sigh...

Anyway, point to note here guys...
You can only tipper people at CERTAIN PLACES, not just the 'edge' of the arc (fabulous purple). dohoho gay.
The top left tipper hitbox on frame 11 exists... but... the arc animation seems completely redundant otherwise.

Also Marth's fsmash is really bad at that whole Z axis stuff, even though half the god **** reason it isn't super long range is because Marth strikes at a gay angle.
marth spot dodge = 2-20, end 24; Marth fsmash at several points won't hit him frame 21 or 22.
If you send me those screen shots (without the dots) I'll be glad to vector for you. I have GIMP, so I just hold shift to fix the screwy arcs, but I'm not sure about PS.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Shaya if you want, a mod can transfer my thread to you, you seem to have a better approach (and more time) for the hitboxes.

Tennet

Smash Champion
no, there is a Z axis in brawl. get unrestricted camera and watch wario spot dodge from the side.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Brawl has a Z axis, its just not really noticable.
Let me rephrase that.
A functionally two dimensional game of attacks. So not talking about spotdodges, airdodges, or 3Dimensional graphics.

ToZ: we're just talking about the game like a graph. X axis is horizontal, Y axis is vertical. Z axis would be kinda like getting closer or further from the camera.

Player-3

Smash Hero
So, teach me about the axis of Brawl.

Mike is my favorite Marth. Get at me.

If it's not Motion City Soundtrack, it's not music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKs8TsY3XI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQitoIp_scg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJlRCOnioA&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_Nb9uKSs0 <- lol music video cake is awesum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6O9wZ4dtK8 <--- best song ever so true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yo8pPsZpz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN5zvLI512I

tired of typing stuff in youtube

if anyone gets mad at me for liek wtf no heavy rock or light metal i was going to but then decided i didnt want to type no more

if anyone says put a screamo song or heavy metal

then sure i will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgoBnSCt0c

if anyone says that song is good then i pray for your soul

or your brain, not sure which

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Let me rephrase that.
A functionally two dimensional game of attacks. So not talking about spotdodges, airdodges, or 3Dimensional graphics.

ToZ: we're just talking about the game like a graph. X axis is horizontal, Y axis is vertical. Z axis would be kinda like getting closer or further from the camera.
So Z is the third dimension where X and Y are the second. Spot dodges and airdodges are in the Z axis and, thus, the third dimension; this is why you recieve no knockback when hit during a spot or air dodge. All attacks are in performed the second dimension.

Am I with you so far?

Tennet

Smash Champion

Picture that with the y axis being vertical, some spot dodges move partially on the z axis and some completely on the z axis.

While attacks tend to be moving on the x and y axis

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah i know i dont listen to it often so its not the first things that come to mind when im typing random songs into youtube

feardragon64

Smash Champion
So Z is the third dimension where X and Y are the second. Spot dodges and airdodges are in the Z axis and, thus, the third dimension; this is why you recieve no knockback when hit during a spot or air dodge. All attacks are in performed the second dimension.

Am I with you so far?
Yep. Hitboxes only exist in two dimensions. That's why the animation for the spotdodge and airdodge change your position on the Z axis(although in actual game mechanics that's not what actually happens, it's just the animation)

@ the z axis discussion

ever ftilted with falcon?

you cant spin in 2 dimensions guys im sorry
Let me rephrase that.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yep. Hitboxes only exist in two dimensions. That's why the animation for the spotdodge and airdodge change your position on the Z axis(although in actual game mechanics that's not what actually happens, it's just the animation)
**** physics and graphics and all that

its captain falcon

∫unk

Smash Master
Feardragon forgets the 4th dimension in brawl that is time

that's why I can fart on him so much

zmt let's play again I like playing u cuz ur syle is annoying lol

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Lies. You've only gotten like 2 farts on me ever.

And really since Brawl is functionally 2 dimensional, time is actually the third dimension, not the fourth.
Jun doesn't get that. That's why I get the dumbest kills on him. That or when he played me he mind-gamed himself into one of my mistakes by overestimating my abilities.

"Who the hell runs at you with a rock smash repeatedly even when you get punished for it?"
-Junk after getting killed by my like 4th/5th rock smash in a row

Tennet

Smash Champion
*sigh* just because a dimension "doesn't" exist in a game, doesn't mean that a dimension would go down in numbering...

∫unk

Smash Master
All my kos with wario are farts that's how I play lol

You can **** good players by choosing unsafe options and getting lucky but you never beat them...

∫unk

Smash Master
ToZ no... Rocksmash range is amazing

it just has bad start up and ending lag so you punish those

play me again today and I'll try to tell you but you usually don't develop your own style for a while (in the beginning you learn competitive smash basics and all your stuff is taken from other ppl. As you get better you still take but you start doing your own thing)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
ToZ no... Rocksmash range is amazing

it just has bad start up and ending lag so you punish those

play me again today and I'll try to tell you but you usually don't develop your own style for a while (in the beginning you learn competitive smash basics and all your stuff is taken from other ppl. As you get better you still take but you start doing your own thing)
Fixed. I'll play you around 10:00 ET?

EDIT:

What's Zeus' power level? It's... it can't be... it's... NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Namedropping Feardragon... okay.

Top Bottom