• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♥Who you truly are out of reality♥

Oracle

Smash Master
I always imagine myself in really cool fight scenes that are creative where I use the environment in innovative ways. Or that I have telikenisis.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Me and my friend had a cool conversation about dreams and imagination yesterday.

We talked about how your dreams never really spawn "new" things.They are nearly always based on things youve experienced and or variations/mutations of these things.

We also talked about how humans find infinity hard to grasp because our lives and everything we do is restricted by a beginning and an end.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
We talked about how your dreams never really spawn "new" things.They are nearly always based on things youve experienced and or variations/mutations of these things.
Makes enough sence to me. Usually things you recently experienced effect you dreams, or something deep down in your subconsious. Example, the other day I watched Bolt and that night I had a dream about getting a dog.

And to not be too specific, last year I kept having the same kinds of 'nightmares', if you will, around the same time said 'nightmare' happened some years ago.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
My dreams are rarely majorly effected by what has recently happened to me. That would bore me to tears.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
I daydream and dream alot of adventures with ppl here and with my friends at HS lol. But most of the time they r rly random dreams, where it rly weird (I.e Beating up aliens with toothbrushes o-o)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
This is probably going to sound very lame to a lot of you, but:

I'd like to be in such a physical state that I could float out of earth and explore everything the visible universe has to show. I'd like to see everything and have some sort of recoding device implanted into my eyes so I could bring it back to earth and show everyone.

I mean come on, just look at this nebula for example:

That HAS to inspire a member or two in this topic. :)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That looks beautiful. I never really took my mind into outer space. But seeing that picture makes me want to now.

A galactic utopia, distant from the earth, but surely not distant from the calm...

mzink*

Smash Ace
In my daydreams I am usually much cooler than I actually am lol. I put myself into lots of different situation I see. I see racing on tv, bam I'm a racecar driver lolz.

A lot of times I daydream that I have cool psychic powers lol.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
In my daydreams I am usually much cooler than I actually am lol. I put myself into lots of different situation I see. I see racing on tv, bam I'm a racecar driver lolz.

A lot of times I daydream that I have cool psychic powers lol.
"Mindgames, son!!!"

lolol. There are times when I imagine being able to predict actions and what not. Especially after watch Next with Nicolas Cage. The way they presented his foresight was top notch.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That looks beautiful. I never really took my mind into outer space. But seeing that picture makes me want to now.

A galactic utopia, distant from the earth, but surely not distant from the calm...
You never did? Wow...everytime I do I just start thinking we're just useless tiny little beings in the universe. I dunno, it just happens only when I think about that. So many topics come to mind as well: religion, politics, etc etc. We are tied up to a bunch of society rules, but with what purpose? Everything just seems useless and problematic when you put these things together. The universe is so big...

Blah, this is a whole new different topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's only a manga atm. Which makes me sad for I hunger for more.

Truly. I don't know why I have this fascination with these genres. I have a great attachment to games that are within the 'Survival' genre of games. I own SOS: The Final Escape and Disaster: Day of Crisis. I have all three Lost in Blue games on the DS, and I desperately need to find another copy of Dead Rising for 360 and am awaiting the release of 'I Am Alive'.

Pretty much anything that puts the norms of societal normality on hold for the simple purpose of staying alive in an uncontrollable situation.

cykofox

Smash Ace
i dont know.

sometimes i look at myself in the mirror, and i get this real weird feeling.

i don't get it anymore, but before its like i was looking at myself through another dimension.

well i don't really need a mirror.

all i have to do is think about my existance, that I am who I am, and no one else can be me, and its like my soul leaves my body instantly.

weird huh?

Pikaville

This is probably going to sound very lame to a lot of you, but:

I'd like to be in such a physical state that I could float out of earth and explore everything the visible universe has to show. I'd like to see everything and have some sort of recoding device implanted into my eyes so I could bring it back to earth and show everyone.

I mean come on, just look at this nebula for example:

That HAS to inspire a member or two in this topic. :)
Dude this is the greatest thing you could have said.

I have also dreamed of just being everlasting,floating through space exploring it and seeing all its mysteries,phenomenons etc.

And dude its not lame,thats one of the greatest experiences a human could ever hope have,but never can.

Good work on thinking of awesome stuff too.:laugh:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You never did? Wow...everytime I do I just start thinking we're just useless tiny little beings in the universe. I dunno, it just happens only when I think about that. So many topics come to mind as well: religion, politics, etc etc. We are tied up to a bunch of society rules, but with what purpose? Everything just seems useless and problematic when you put these things together. The universe is so big...

Blah, this is a whole new different topic, so I'll just leave it at that.
That is not exactly off topic. The mind to me is a spherical, dimensional haven untouched by the laws of religion, politics, science, and common sense. Anything can come into the mind, whether you let it or not. Why else do you think we are unable to release something out of our minds whenever we wanted to? It is the most powerful thing of the human body, yet is so vulnerable.

Because of our thoughts, much of the planet is constantly changing, for better or for worse. One man's opinion can become the opnion of many others, thus beginning a possible revolution. We aren't entirely useless. Faith plays an important role in this.

Pikaville

That is not exactly off topic. The mind to me is a spherical, dimensional haven untouched by the laws of religion, politics, science, and common sense. Anything can come into the mind, whether you let it or not. Why else do you think we are unable to release something out of our minds whenever we wanted to? It is the most powerful thing of the human body, yet is so vulnerable.

Because of our thoughts, much of the planet is constantly changing, for better or for worse. One man's opinion can become the opnion of many others, thus beginning a possible revolution. We aren't entirely useless. Faith plays an important role in this.
That was beautiful.

I wish there was a planet where everything was perfect.Beautiful weather all the time,peace amongst all peoples and everyone had everything they needed.

The weird thing is that somewhere out there,the odds are such a planet does exist.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman

Absolutely correct, everything you do (or don't do) eventually snowballs into something more, even if you don't realize it. Like by this post, it may cause someone to think diffrently or respond or something of the like. In everything we do, theirs a consiquence, either good or bad. Or yesterday when I just happened to go to an art convention for the juniors and seniors at my school, and I met the first selectman of my state and now she wants me to meet this illustrator she knows. Little things like that.

Who really knows, it's exactly like that 'if a butterfly flapped it's wings...' theory. Something that happens far away could severly impact your life and you won't even realize it. It kind of makes you think a bit, and seems to make your actions, as slight as they are, a bit more important.

IrArby

Smash Ace
That was beautiful.

I wish there was a planet where everything was perfect.Beautiful weather all the time,peace amongst all peoples and everyone had everything they needed.

The weird thing is that somewhere out there,the odds are such a planet does exist.
I think that would be really boring for people. In the more modernized places of the world, the ability of mankind to meet basic needs are pretty much completely satisfied. Theres a void left by that in which we have to create purpose thus we have religons, beliefs, and so on. Truthfully, people want drama and conflict or you'd never watch movies or tv sitcoms or . . . well any story in any form really. The resolution after a terrible incident, the perfect scene set in the wake of turbulent events is all that more meaningful for having followed something bad or sinister.

Theres an episode of the Twilight Zone where this 1920s like Mobster dies and presumably goes to heaven. He's got girls galore, gambles and never loses, everything he could have wished for in life. He comes to grow sick of it. Theres no losing, no conflict, and in a strange way no drive to do those things he once envied. He then discovers to his horror that he's not in heaven he's in the "other place".

People need problems. You could also reference the Matrix 2 where the Architecht talks about the perfection of the original Matrix and how all of the humans rejected it. A lot of the other peoples dreams involve being part of the overcoming struggle against whatever problem is plauging us. If people don't have problems I think they will create them.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
One day i would like to have the speed of sonic, i always dream of how fast that would be and im pretty fast right now

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I think that would be really boring for people. In the more modernized places of the world, the ability of mankind to meet basic needs are pretty much completely satisfied. Theres a void left by that in which we have to create purpose thus we have religons, beliefs, and so on. Truthfully, people want drama and conflict or you'd never watch movies or tv sitcoms or . . . well any story in any form really. The resolution after a terrible incident, the perfect scene set in the wake of turbulent events is all that more meaningful for having followed something bad or sinister.

Theres an episode of the Twilight Zone where this 1920s like Mobster dies and presumably goes to heaven. He's got girls galore, gambles and never loses, everything he could have wished for in life. He comes to grow sick of it. Theres no losing, no conflict, and in a strange way no drive to do those things he once envied. He then discovers to his horror that he's not in heaven he's in the "other place".

People need problems. You could also reference the Matrix 2 where the Architecht talks about the perfection of the original Matrix and how all of the humans rejected it. A lot of the other peoples dreams involve being part of the overcoming struggle against whatever problem is plauging us. If people don't have problems I think they will create them.
Great opposing input. True, if life were merely a utopia in the beginning until now, our thoughts would be fruitless. I do not wish to make this a religious topic, so I will just make this a standard example:

The story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They were given a paradise without pain and conflict, with only one rule: To not eat any fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However, temptation is at its best with all of us at all times. Corruption can take joy away and ruin it not just for one person, but for everyone.

Of course, after milleniums of war, death, betrayal, and suffering, a utopia can serve us quite well. Though very few of us concern with that as far as the afterlife, in a religious sense. We would all have to be mindless robots in order to live in a utopia without darkness and despair, because there will always be those who will "think" too much.

This quote will be included with the first post. This isn't a debate, though this can really serve as a reason as to why we arent living in an everlasting paradise now.

slave1

Smash Lord

that was awesome.

but i am a cyborg. and i kick monstrous buttox

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I wonder...Heartz, if I may, I want to know your opinion.

If you belive that the mind is a strong dimension, what are your opinions on the idea that change to a person emotonally affects the thought process and how they live their lives? I wa just wondering, since how powerful the mind really is and that certai things affect it in certain ways.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I wonder...Heartz, if I may, I want to know your opinion.

If you belive that the mind is a strong dimension, what are your opinions on the idea that change to a person emotonally affects the thought process and how they live their lives? I wa just wondering, since how powerful the mind really is and that certai things affect it in certain ways.
Thanks for asking, though you should ask others as well. I'm not exactly a genius, you know. :laugh:

A lifestyle definitely effects how one thinks. This is natural. It all comes down to where we came from and how we were raised. Yes, the mind is very powerful, but I also previously mentioned that it is quite vulnerable as well. This is a silly comparison, but the mind is like Zelda in Brawl. Strong and magical, yet incredibly feeble defensively.

Living your life basically trains your mind. If you were abused as a child, you absolutely WILL live your life thinking you will be abused by everyone, or at least most people. Your life affects your mind, but your mind can effect your life; a vice versa. It is like a balance. It is your choice on what you want the priority to be. This is what humans deal with daily. Take it to the story of Cinderella.

But even with these being said, what makes a person a strong-hearted person is them rebuking the negativity of the past and present, because it is the future that counts for us all. There is a pensive war in all of us, and we must be properly equipped to win each battle.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for asking, though you should ask others as well. I'm not exactly a genius, you know. :laugh:

A lifestyle definitely effects how one thinks. This is natural. It all comes down to where we came from and how we were raised. Yes, the mind is very powerful, but I also previously mentioned that it is quite vulnerable as well. This is a silly comparison, but the mind is like Zelda in Brawl. Strong and magical, yet incredibly feeble defensively.

Living your life basically trains your mind. If you were abused as a child, you absolutely WILL live your life thinking you will be abused by everyone, or at least most people. Your life affects your mind, but your mind can effect your life; a vice versa. It is like a balance. It is your choice on what you want the priority to be. This is what humans deal with daily. Take it to the story of Cinderella.

But even with these being said, what makes a person a strong-hearted person is them rebuking the negativity of the past and present, because it is the future that counts for us all. There is a pensive war in all of us, and we must be properly equipped to win each battle.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for your input, I wanted to know since you seemed to have a rather interesting grasp on the concept.

But yea, I feel the same way. What happens in life really does effect on how you think or behave, and it's a miracle how some people just seem to thrive after all they have been through. Because of this, i've been rather intrigued on how certain people think (at least in recent times).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Ahh, I see. Thanks for your input, I wanted to know since you seemed to have a rather interesting grasp on the concept.

But yea, I feel the same way. What happens in life really does effect on how you think or behave, and it's a miracle how some people just seem to thrive after all they have been through. Because of this, i've been rather intrigued on how certain people think (at least in recent times).
So have I. Humans are an....interesting species. Most individuals feel that they are the most normal of them all, even though they hold many idiosyncrasies. No human is perfect. I used to wonder how people can be so cruel toward others, or murder innocent people. But then I realized it is all based off their lifestyle, so they feel it is second nature to them. I may sound an intellectual being, but I have my issues as well. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
So have I. Humans are an....interesting species. Most individuals feel that they are the most normal of them all, even though they hold many idiosyncrasies. No human is perfect. I used to wonder how people can be so cruel toward others, or murder innocent people. But then I realized it is all based off their lifestyle, so they feel it is second nature to them. I may sound an intellectual being, but I have my issues as well. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Everyone has their issues, even I have my own inner demons :)

Yes, people are confusing. Using me as an example, my close friends call me an enigma since i'm so "confusing" as a person, as horrendous as that sounds. I know i'm not perfect, far from, actually.

But in many cases you come to find that you can't stand others, yet you feel this subtile attraction to be with them. It's nature's way, I suppose. But I do beleive that deep down everyone has their purpose for doing such acts, and that each person is good in some way. It's just that everyone else has to accept these diffrences in each other, which sadly, alot of people don't do anymore. People just seem to turn into more vain, selfish, and uncaring beings these days.

It's nice to see kind people, it's a sweet relife.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Everyone has their issues, even I have my own inner demons :)

Yes, people are confusing. Using me as an example, my close friends call me an enigma since i'm so "confusing" as a person, as horrendous as that sounds. I know i'm not perfect, far from, actually.

But in many cases you come to find that you can't stand others, yet you feel this subtile attraction to be with them. It's nature's way, I suppose. But I do beleive that deep down everyone has their purpose for doing such acts, and that each person is good in some way. It's just that everyone else has to accept these diffrences in each other, which sadly, alot of people don't do anymore. People just seem to turn into more vain, selfish, and uncaring beings these days.

It's nice to see kind people, it's a sweet relife.
I uberly agree. I can't really bring myself to hate anyone because of that reason. People have their reasons. People aren't racist for the heck of it. They base their opinions off what others say and what they see, making them think a way they should not. I won't say this is justified, though. The problem is is that people refuse to "think" for themselves. Calling every Arab a terrorist, or every black man a thug because everyone else is doing it. Most people seem like they don't even think at all. That's life. Diversity is good but most of the time, people take it and destroy it.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I uberly agree. I can't really bring myself to hate anyone because of that reason. People have their reasons. People aren't racist for the heck of it. They base their opinions off what others say and what they see, making them think a way they should not. I won't say this is justified, though. The problem is is that people refuse to "think" for themselves. Calling every Arab a terrorist, or every black man a thug because everyone else is doing it. Most people seem like they don't even think at all. That's life. Diversity is good but most of the time, people take it and destroy it.
What they're doing is being completely ignorant. It's almost as if they're too busy to think for themselves and take someone else's opinion on something just so they can feel as if they're "in". It's shallow, and it depresses me to see these people every day of my life.

I know personally i'm nice to everyone. Once, a girl who had picked on me since elementary school asked me for help with her english assignment. I didn't hesitate to help out. Ever since then, she treated me with the upmost kindness. It's a shame that doesn't happen often, sometimes you help people and they just push you into the dust even more.

And about diversity, last week in english we debated over transcendentalism and this one girl brought up that people should stop following others and do what they want to do in life. I bluntly replied that even if you give people complete freedom in what they say or do, most people will still choose to follow others and not bother to think about what they really like in life. She got angry and tried to come up with a rebutall of some sort, but she couldn't really think of anything. Not like i'm saying everyone does that though, like I know people may choose to do what others do but it's merely coincidental and not being a follower.

Heh, don't get me started on racists. My entire family's racist, even to our own ethnic background. It's a real shame.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
What they're doing is being completely ignorant. It's almost as if they're too busy to think for themselves and take someone else's opinion on something just so they can feel as if they're "in". It's shallow, and it depresses me to see these people every day of my life.

I know personally i'm nice to everyone. Once, a girl who had picked on me since elementary school asked me for help with her english assignment. I didn't hesitate to help out. Ever since then, she treated me with the upmost kindness. It's a shame that doesn't happen often, sometimes you help people and they just push you into the dust even more.

And about diversity, last week in english we debated over transcendentalism and this one girl brought up that people should stop following others and do what they want to do in life. I bluntly replied that even if you give people complete freedom in what they say or do, most people will still choose to follow others and not bother to think about what they really like in life. She got angry and tried to come up with a rebutall of some sort, but she couldn't really think of anything. Not like i'm saying everyone does that though, like I know people may choose to do what others do but it's merely coincidental and not being a follower.

Heh, don't get me started on racists. My entire family's racist, even to our own ethnic background. It's a real shame.
Ouch on that last statement. My family is mixed so it is rather opposite.

Humans can become loyal lemmings in a heartbeat. This is why major success is limited. People choose to be a follower rather than a leader, but where do followers eventually end up? Following someone or something else.

The mind has so much to it, but if you choose not to put any goals and objectives into fruition, then you are wasting your life as a human. The main problem is that people are afraid. Afraid of failure and rejection, but these are exactly the things that make people stronger.

Take Martin Luther King, Jr. for example. He had a "dream" and it came to life, but it wasnt easy getting to that point. He was beaten, incarcerated, ridiculed, and betrayed, but in the end, he fought for his dream. Even with his death, that dream still lives, but the world will still never be perfect.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Ouch on that last statement. My family is mixed so it is rather opposite.

Humans can become loyal lemmings in a heartbeat. This is why major success is limited. People choose to be a follower rather than a leader, but where do followers eventually end up? Following someone or something else.

The mind has so much to it, but if you choose not to put any goals and objectives into fruition, then you are wasting your life as a human. The main problem is that people are afraid. Afraid of failure and rejection, but these are exactly the things that make people stronger.

Take Martin Luther King, Jr. for example. He had a "dream" and it came to life, but it wasnt easy getting to that point. He was beaten, incarcerated, ridiculed, and betrayed, but in the end, he fought for his dream. Even with his death, that dream still lives, but the world will still never be perfect.
People who stand up for what they want and what they believe in always strike me the right way. It's not very often you see someone who does anything like that anymore. But people always believe that they can't do anything of the sorts or they don't beleive they're worth it. They're killing themselves, in a way. Risks and failure is a part of life, you can't escape it forever. I realized this about a week ago (finally) and i'm going after every chance I get to do something or try to be the better person in whatever situation.

They don't understand that faliure is a given. You will usually always fail at something. But it takes the stronger person to get up and try again and again. In a sence, if you want it badly enough, you'll do anything to get it, and people have no real motivation for anything anymore.

Martin Luther King Jr. is an outstanding example, by the way.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Dang, everyone has big dreams. I only dream about getting a new computer or moving and other realistic stuff. It's really dull. The only crazy dream I had was about getting shot and that wasn't very fun.
And to think I'm younger than most of you.

Top Bottom