• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♥Who you truly are out of reality♥

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Daydream....

....a visionary fantasy experienced while awake, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions.

~Google Definitions

Knowing this meaning, who or what do you imagine yourself as? Is there something radical you wish to display yourself as that is mortally impossible to achieve?

Do you fantasize in being the strongest hero in the city? The world? The universe? Having the ability to make a dynamic change to the world at the tip of your fingers?

A renowned vigilante, defeating unexpecting crooks while concealing your identity and disposition?

Or a super model unrivaled by beauty itself?

Perhaps a mastermind game designer, developing the ultimate video game industry that crushes the competition.

There is no right or wrong answer to this. The mind is a powerful device without visionary limitation.

(Forum rules still apply. Meaning no disrespect, flaming, and please stay on topics relative to the thread.)

♥Hearty Input♥:
To be on the verge of doing something very fun, exciting, and possibly slightly dangerous probably with friends. If you have one dream what do you really do once you achieve it and it wears out? Start a new one ofcourse!

Sticking to just one dream would be like getting a tattoo and I don't think theres anything so paramount in my mind that having had it inked into my body I could continue representing that as THE crucial statment of my life. Theres gotta be more or your just limiting yourself.
The ability to use imagination is probably the best thing the human mind has.Look how far it's brought us up to now.

I mean dreams spawn things that you would never even think of.What is it about the human brain that forces a resting mind to wander so vaguely,does it take an extremely relaxed brain to wander outside reality?So real and vivid yet jumbled and erratic.
In the more modernized places of the world, the ability of mankind to meet basic needs are pretty much completely satisfied. Theres a void left by that in which we have to create purpose thus we have religons, beliefs, and so on. Truthfully, people want drama and conflict or you'd never watch movies or tv sitcoms or . . . well any story in any form really. The resolution after a terrible incident, the perfect scene set in the wake of turbulent events is all that more meaningful for having followed something bad or sinister.

Theres an episode of the Twilight Zone where this 1920s like Mobster dies and presumably goes to heaven. He's got girls galore, gambles and never loses, everything he could have wished for in life. He comes to grow sick of it. Theres no losing, no conflict, and in a strange way no drive to do those things he once envied. He then discovers to his horror that he's not in heaven he's in the "other place".

People need problems. You could also reference the Matrix 2 where the Architecht talks about the perfection of the original Matrix and how all of the humans rejected it. A lot of the other peoples dreams involve being part of the overcoming struggle against whatever problem is plauging us. If people don't have problems I think they will create them.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I terraform Mars and live there (somehow). Then I EMP pulse Earth and send down millions of Matrix Sentinel robot things to scan everyone's eyes like those spider things in Minority Report. Basically it means I can forever keep track of everyone on a computer thing, so I can drastically reduce crime.Also the robots can travel faster than the speed of light because a teleporting machine that they're all connected too that teleports them to the 4th dimension and back into the 3rd wherever they choose.

After that I can basically do whatever I want. Also I do all this with my trusty sidekick, R-110.

Man, my plan sounds so flawed and stupid when I write it down. But in my daydreams it's perfect. I have way too much spare time.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I daydream about being 10 again. Lying down in the lush green pasture, looking up to the sky with its wispy, swirling clouds and the warm sun. No sounds like shouting, screaming, or glass breaking; just the whisper of the breeze caressing my cheek. There's not a soul in sight, the world is empty, and then...

"HEY! YOU'RE NOT TAKING ANY NOTES!".....

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
Heartz, I highly suggest you youtube "Doctor Steel, Building a Utopian Playland"

My vision is that I am not a basement musician, and instead, quite the respected and artistic 'up-coming', 'next-in line' big thing.

Then again, im one of those new-age hippies who believe silly things like our thoughts and our mind is a part of the reality process, and am confident I will show myself the way into that role when the time comes.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Invisibility and flying abilities. Seriously, is there something you can't get from that?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Heartz, I highly suggest you youtube "Doctor Steel, Building a Utopian Playland"

My vision is that I am not a basement musician, and instead, quite the respected and artistic 'up-coming', 'next-in line' big thing.

Then again, im one of those new-age hippies who believe silly things like our thoughts and our mind is a part of the reality process, and am confident I will show myself the way into that role when the time comes.
Fantastic. I've enjoyed the entire thing. I am updating the first post with the link. Thanks so much for the input. It was a perfect example.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i dont wish for much

just to be where my gf is...i only get to see her once every few months for like a week or two at at ime :(

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Love the emotion in this topic. I constantly fantasize about my future and I always think about family and such. Sadly, Brawl plays a smaller part. I wish I was 10 again.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If anything I'd have telekinesis, and possibly other psychic powers. That would help so much in life, and would help prevent a lot of problems.

However, I'm the Timesplitters fanboy around here :p.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I daydream about alot of things, but since i'm more of an artsy person, barely any of those thoughts are about myself, more or less my own characters and such.

But when I do daydream about myself, I picture myself outside, during a sunset, drawing whatever's on my mind. I'm talking to a certain someone I fancy, with some calm movie-like score in the background. And a dog, I've always wanted a dog.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I terraform Mars and live there (somehow). Then I EMP pulse Earth and send down millions of Matrix Sentinel robot things to scan everyone's eyes like those spider things in Minority Report. Basically it means I can forever keep track of everyone on a computer thing, so I can drastically reduce crime.Also the robots can travel faster than the speed of light because a teleporting machine that they're all connected too that teleports them to the 4th dimension and back into the 3rd wherever they choose.

After that I can basically do whatever I want. Also I do all this with my trusty sidekick, R-110.

Man, my plan sounds so flawed and stupid when I write it down. But in my daydreams it's perfect. I have way too much spare time.
You brought the 4th dimension into this......thats crazy stuff.Your robots could come from anywhere and no one would know why.Tetraspace is a scary thing when you read up on it...

In my dreams I am the man who can save the world from destroying itself and unite it,bringing on a new golden age of peace,prosperity and advancement.I am the man who finds out the answers to why we are here and how.I dream of civilizations in vast far away systems whose intelligence,perceptions,powers and language we could probably never comprehend,at least not without generations of training/learning our brains to work at full capacity instead wasting them on pointless day to day activities that make already rich/greedy men even richer.

I am lost on this planet....

Would life be better if you could live in your dreams?

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
I daydream about being 10 again. Lying down in the lush green pasture, looking up to the sky with its wispy, swirling clouds and the warm sun. No sounds like shouting, screaming, or glass breaking; just the whisper of the breeze caressing my cheek. There's not a soul in sight, the world is empty, and then...

"HEY! YOU'RE NOT TAKING ANY NOTES!".....

Great. That's what I do.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Would life be better if you could live in your dreams?
Very good question. I am almost positive that every user on this site dreams that they can become a certain someone or something. This is what video games do to us. It alters our mind, increases our pain tolerance and what not.

We can imagine being able to defeat the most gargantuous colossal with a knife, or use an explosive attack that supposedly should kill us.

While people bring up that video games can make one worse, it also can increase the power of imagination within one's own mind. This eventually branches out to the things we do everyday, such as reading, writing, or playing sports.

Imagination may not be actuality as reality, but it can serve as great self-motivation, because you believe that you can achieve the impossible, which only means you are doing your best.

IrArby

Smash Ace
To be on the verge of doing something very fun, exciting, and possibly slightly dangerous probably with friends. If you have one dream what do you really do once you achieve it and it wears out? Start a new one ofcourse!

Sticking to just one dream would be like getting a tattoo and I don't think theres anything so paramount in my mind that having had it inked into my body I could continue representing that as THE crucial statment of my life. Theres gotta be more or your just limiting yourself.

This thread has actually really got me thinking. Thank you.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

This thread has actually really got me thinking. Thank you.
Great input. Editting the first post with it.

And I fully agree. As expansive as the mind is, there really is no reason for anyone to set it on just one goal. Sometimes, having radical ideas isn't as bad as one would think, of course, it would have to be a productive idea in some way. This is as far as possible things, though.

And glad to be of service. The pool room needed something more :D

Darkslash

Smash Master
A mecha pilot...

Thankfully there are games like Air Rivals which makes me feel like I'm a pilot from Macross complete from missile spam. I have yet to make a pilgrimage to Japan to play the POD game, which makes you feel like a real Mobile Suit Pilot.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This is really something cool and awesome to add to the normal trash that is the PRoom

it stimulates thought thats not always....i dont know...not in the same way the debate hall does.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
A mecha pilot...

Thankfully there are games like Air Rivals which makes me feel like I'm a pilot from Macross complete from missile spam. I have yet to make a pilgrimage to Japan to play the POD game, which makes you feel like a real Mobile Suit Pilot.
Whoa that sounds awesome. You have a link to that? :chuckle:

This is really something cool and awesome to add to the normal trash that is the PRoom

it stimulates thought thats not always....i dont know...not in the same way the debate hall does.
Funny thing is, this is like my first time being in the Pool Room since only once or twice half a year ago. I had no idea how....variable it was.

Darkslash

Smash Master

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I don't daydream that I'm someone else. I'm always still me, but am doing something that I really want to do. Sorry that isn't very specific, but it's rarely the same thing for me. What I daydream about is often influenced by what I've been thinking about and my surroundings (whether it be a giant lecture hall or just me in my room)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
A mecha pilot...

Have you played any of the Armored Core games? You might want to check those out. The series ranges from PS1-PS2-PS3. (Most of them are on the PS2) It's definitely one of my top favorite games. [/off topic]

I don't daydream that I'm someone else. I'm always still me, but am doing something that I really want to do.
This.

Music really affects my imagination, so I really like to listen to New Age music like this and dream of one day becoming a fantasy swordsman with an excellent balance of agility and strength, who uses the sword for light, justice, the greater good when necessary, and to protect those he cares for from all harm. One who uses the art and it's uniqueness that impress those who see it.

Is this dream merely an impossible goal of my imagination? *Shrugs* Either way, I'm working on it. As found in my profile, someone quotes: "Teachers can only teach you so much... to bring out the true art of swordsmanship is through your own imagination."

Songs like this definitely do the trick, too.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
This.

Music really affects my imagination, so I really like to listen to New Age music like this and dream of one day becoming a fantasy swordsman with an excellent balance of agility and strength, who uses the sword for light, justice, the greater good when necessary, and to protect those he cares for from all harm. One who uses the art and it's uniqueness that impress those who see it.

Is this dream merely an impossible goal of my imagination? *Shrugs* Either way, I'm working on it.
Liar. You want to be a overgrown, gallant knight with a giant sword ten times wider than a Buster Sword and longer than a Masamune. jk

I'm not surprised, Aksel. And yes, music can really pump you up when thinking.

Pikaville

The ability to use imagination is probably the best thing the human mind has.Look how far it's brought us up to now.

I mean dreams spawn things that you would never even think of.What is it about the human brain that forces a resting mind to wander so vaguely,does it take an extremely relaxed brain to wander outside reality?So real and vivid yet jumbled and erratic.

BTW has anyone here ever experienced a lucid dream?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

You're so right. In fact, the ring structure of benzene was devised after Kekulé had a dream of a snake swallowing its tail, and he applied that to close a carbon chain in on itself. The power of the mind huh?

Oh and yes I try to induce lucid dreams as much as possible.

Pikaville

You're so right. In fact, the ring structure of benzene was devised after Kekulé had a dream of a snake swallowing its tail, and he applied that to close a carbon chain in on itself. The power of the mind huh?

Oh and yes I try to induce lucid dreams as much as possible.
I wonder if its possible to harness this brainpower while conscious,or does it require the brain to be in total rest.

Lucid dreaming is very exciting.You can do what you want.Alot of the time though when you realise your dreaming and that "power" hits you,you wake up.Its very frustrating.

I had a dream before that came true down to every detail once as well.I dreamt that I was standing talking to my friend at the corner near my house where we used to meet,I asked him if my friend Eoin was coming to which he replied "he's on his way" I look at the ground and look back up and he is cycling round the corner on his dads bike.

About a week after this dream the exact same thing happened,he took his dads bike because his was broken.....freakiest moment of my life.

Ive had one or 2 David Attenbourough narrating how the universe works dreams as well.They were heavy!But they make sense based on what we know(kinda)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

Very neat input. Editting the first post.

And I have not experienced a lucid dream for years now. I don't understand why not, though. I know of a way to practice it, but I don't actually have the steps for it.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I never have, i've tried it but it didn't end up working. Kind of glad, since the only good dreams I have are daydreams. Usually when I sleep, I never remember my dreams but the ones I do remember are usually horrifying or makes absolutely no sence whatsoever.

Hence why I stick to daydreaming. That way, I get alot of good ideas for my drawings or poetry.

slave1

Smash Lord
some sort of person that blows things up.

and having the sexiest wife in the world. and me having the most perfect body a guy could ask for.

i dont really ever think about what i kind of super person i could be. i daydream of buildings blowing up, or watching things break in slow motion. and how cool it would look like... wow i sound like a terrorist.

except my building dont have people in them.

lol so much talk of dreams, i just think of cthulhu

Halaster

Smash Ace
Daydream....
....a visionary fantasy experienced while awake, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions.
~Google Definitions
That is a really cool definition.

I'd have to say my dreams are often "Viva La Revolution" type things... Fighting to better the world somehow is an idea that I'm kinda enamored with. I'd like to do that in life (preferably without the revolution, though).

I also have to say that Phoenix Wright is an idol of mine (fighting for the innocent when nobody else would stand beside them). His fight is one I dream of partaking in on occasion.

Basically my dreams are of going on some idealistic crusade against what I consider to be wrong in the world (Being the radical that I am >.>).

Other than that being a wizard or a rogue in a fantasy universe would be awesome, same with being a space fighter pilot.

Top Bottom