• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
LOOOL so sorry I missed this, videos please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM9yUVcnvN0

I found this video, the msot recent YouTube vid of Salem playing. To his credit it's a little old and you can improve a lot in 5 months and I was still pretty impressed at some really inventive uses of down-b and paralyzer. I like how he stays safe against Falco by running to the middle of the stage when Falco goes off (if you think about it we have a lot of options there). So really looking forward to seeing the newer stuff from the tourney.

With that said, technical stuff tends to work once or even for a while, then you get downloaded and start losing and usually we just go back to being very campy and safe. I'm reminded of Anther, who was super fun to watch but eventually it stopped working as well, now he's still good but I think plays more like ESAM

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I got 5th oh and, I'm just bad against his Falco on BF, I'm banning it next time and ****** shadow's **** if we play again. (should've done it in the first place since I did all the other times against people who I thought had an actual advantage against me on it)
Seriously... everything he did was obvious freaking obvious, the only thing that actually threw me off was his walks.

Everything else though? I just ran into it like an idiot, notice how when I was vs bleachigo (if it was on stream or not, I don't know) I ***** his **** without any problem watsoever, 3 stocked that Free Bird, the Falco match-up ratio IMO is a complete lie also, it's about 50-50 or so it's not actually bad unless you do something wrong, as in, not ban the right stage... lol.

And Nick Riddle needs to get over himself, you can't be the best forever.

Besides, you're only "Kinda the best in the world." Just kinda, not simply just "The Best In The World" or something which should at least sound accurate "I'm kinda the best Zss in the world" and from what I heard? people say your play style is boring (Not giving out any names) seriously though? What I think? I think you don't know how to use this char and should pick up somebody else, really.

50$ MONEY MATCH AT APEX: [Salem vs Nick Sammich] LES GO
Dat McGriddle callout tho? :dwam:

I used zero suit before it was cool

rather

when it became cool with the nick dsmash trolling

I still liked watching snakeee in 08 though

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Salem congratulations man really awesome job. Apex is going to be hype, you got Salem getting better, he might surpass nickriddle man time for all zss to step it up.

:phone:

shlike

Smash Ace
salem plays more exciting than me and dakpo, so naturally I want him to beat nicks style of dsmash dsmash dsmash dsmash. Im also gonna try my bestest to go to apex to witness this

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Oh yeah.

and does anyone know what determines a normal footstool or flipstool off a downB?

I just press Y as soon as I'm close to their hitbox and it seems random for me

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh yeah.

and does anyone know what determines a normal footstool or flipstool off a downB?

I just press Y as soon as I'm close to their hitbox and it seems random for me
You can just hold Y, you don't have to time it.
And I'm pretty sure that if you hold left/right, you'll do that really fast, horizontal rolling footstool
If you hold up, you do the regular really high footstool.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Salem + nick riddle+ Ikki = future Dakpo
I can't wait to use the best of all my favorite zss and mash it into one great zss

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I might be at Apex too. So this goes out to Nick Riddle and Salem:

<3

culexus・wau

You can just hold Y, you don't have to time it.
And I'm pretty sure that if you hold left/right, you'll do that really fast, horizontal rolling footstool
If you hold up, you do the regular really high footstool.
I prefer hitting it so I'm not commited/in case I want to do a late flipkick

both holding up and holding Y both result in flipstool [in training mode vs a standing idle cpu]

Salem + nick riddle+ Ikki = future Dakpo
I can't wait to use the best of all my favorite zss and mash it into one great zss
I don't think its really possible to mix styles like that.

sure you can take a little from everyone.

but ehhhh...

I just want more zoot soot gimmicks myself.

I ****ing love risky business. <3

I might be at Apex too. So this goes out to Nick Riddle and Salem:

<3
West Coast's resident goddess has better be there!

YOU GO GIRL~

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So a realization from a Smashfest last night amongst other factors have brought me back here.

I need some vids to work with. Who has a very patient ZSS that I can look at for some ideas?

Zero

Smash Hero
Good to see initiative Dakpo, I think you should take the first step and post a critique and extract Nick's opinion of it, to spur further discussion.

Nice to see that our boards still have some breath in them.

culexus・wau

in response to that video.

perhaps we should steal from the peach boards and have a little skype [or whatever chat] /critique stream.

Where we all share videos in which we point out things/critique/analyze/what have you.

real time

at the same time

[this requires us being relatively tame to eachother and not going off topic tho!]

Top Bottom