• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Tuen, use down B to sweet spot the ledge. If he edgehogs you, footstool him. Also save your second jump if you don't use it for momentum cancelling and jump and hit him off the ledge after his invincibility if he edgehogs your Up B. Then down B back to the stage.

We have D smash > footstool > Dair on the entire cast. You have to time it so you only hit with the ground hitbox of Dair which will lock them. The only problem with this is that we'll always have better options since we probably can't follow up the Dair due to the lag.

@infinite F tilt, Dash attack, Fair1, Dair and paralyzer all lock whenever a character fails to tech after hitting the ground. The only problem is they are pretty hard to set up on characters other than ROB/Wario because the super spike hitbox of our Up B is hard to hit with and only Fair1 and paralyzer force an edgeslip on hit on the BF platforms. And people aren't going to sit there in their shield...

My favorite CP's (preference) would have to be RC, Halberd, Delfino and Brinstar. Frigate isn't really that bad for us just always be aware when you can't grab the ledge and recover high.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Buffered forward tilt followed by either a second buffered forward tilt or dash attack depending on DI. At mid percents I'll superspike him into DAL. I doubt buffered F tilt is guaranteed (no tech) but it's very rewarding and worth trying sometimes.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No. When he called dsmash --> footstool --> dair a 'lock', he meant that it's inescapable. But on every (except for ROB), they get hit by the dair, knocked in the air, and you suffer from ending lag, so there's no chain here after the dair.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
No he's talking about how the second hit of dair jablocks at low percents. On heavy characters they are close enough that you can get dsmash footstool dair dsmash

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Infinite, assuming you're facing left and the opponent is in front of you, footstool and DI left then Dair. Mess with the timing and eventually you'll get the lock. The percentages for this are weight dependent. Bowser gets out at 11%, Jigglypuff gets out at 5%. You can chain everyone at 0% though.

Yeah, I think you can hit them with a buffered turn around D smash but if the DI even a little bit you won't be able to hit them with anything but dash attack. If you walk at all they powershield the D smash. It technically works on all characters, the timing is just really tight for getting the D smash on Mk and other lightweights.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ah ok, I never knew this existed. I'll go try it out.
But, if you risk missing the dsmash after the dair due to them DIing, and this is at low percents...wouldn't it basically be better to just dsmash x2 fair instead of going for this lock? Or are we hoping that they don't DI?

Maybe if they DI you can (instead of going for a dsmash/dash attack) paralyzer --> grab or something.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
It does. It just doesn't make him go into the forced get up animation unless you lock him 3 or more times. Usually the best string is GR > Up B > F tilt > DA > F tilt > D smashx2 > Fair

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Oh what that's so bizarre lol how did you ever find that? I've never heard of a jablock like that but I'll check it out. Cause if that works it gives us 45%ish from a grab, barring that they don't tech it (they won't the first time), plus a regrab into aerials or if they're high enough %, infinite pummels

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
...Sigh.

That's so fking old. I think I've linked that video to Zero Stepping, like, 1000 times already?

Also, there is no guarenteed DA/Ftilt out of an upB on Wario, but if they immediatly roll/tech it you can predict it and regrab him, or just techchase however you'd like.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they can roll away but it's worth trying the F tilt sometimes. That's actually why you have to ground lock him three times. There's so much ending lag on Up B that he hits the ground and bounces then lays there. I think it's a universal mechanic, I first noticed it with Mario when I locked with Fireball, jabbed, then tried to charge an F smash just to have them roll away.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It is an universal mechanic. There's a specific part of the animation which requires 1 hit, then afterwards you need 3 hits for a guaranteed get-up.

It is a mixup all in all but I don't think it's worth it. It's better to fair at low-mid and bair at higher percents than that.

link2702

Smash Champion
just like i asked the mario boards...

I'd like to face a truly good ZSS player.

I have never faced any at all.

not saying they don't exist(obviously they do, she's high up on the list for a reason.)

just that my state literally had no zss players offline when i played, and i never ran into any in lolwifi on aib or anywhere.

so i'd just like to face one nwo.

yes its lollagfi, but idc...

just an FYI you are talking to someone who has been out of the scene for over 2 years now so anyone here that does face me, don't expect much, nonetheless, just like with the mario boards, i'd literally like to see how a good zss player plays, since i never see any zss players.

so...would anyone be willing to face me?

EDIT: send me a pm for those that are willign to, to set a time.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
just like i asked the mario boards...

I'd like to face a truly good ZSS player.

I have never faced any at all.

not saying they don't exist(obviously they do, she's high up on the list for a reason.)

just that my state literally had no zss players offline when i played, and i never ran into any in lolwifi on aib or anywhere.

so i'd just like to face one nwo.

yes its lollagfi, but idc...

just an FYI you are talking to someone who has been out of the scene for over 2 years now so anyone here that does face me, don't expect much, nonetheless, just like with the mario boards, i'd literally like to see how a good zss player plays, since i never see any zss players.

so...would anyone be willing to face me?

EDIT: send me a pm for those that are willign to, to set a time.
Ask Salem on aib

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
o

I'll play you sometime if you want, but I'm not that good. And I refuse to PM you, you'll have to PM me

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The old people in link2702's pics look like they're doing illegal substances.

Also, I'm addicted to ZSS again. Why can't I stay put on a character? It's always between Kirby and ZSS for me. Why must she be such a fun character? :(

Also, I saw a couple of things in this video that seemed legit, and will try out the next time I have a chance if the situation presents itself, like throwing a suit piece at the wall and footstooling it for an added recovery boost.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The old people in link2702's pics look like they're doing illegal substances.

Also, I'm addicted to ZSS again. Why can't I stay put on a character? It's always between Kirby and ZSS for me. Why must she be such a fun character? :(

Also, I saw a couple of things in this video that seemed legit, and will try out the next time I have a chance if the situation presents itself, like throwing a suit piece at the wall and footstooling it for an added recovery boost.
That video literally was the most fun brawl video i have ever seen in my life

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't think you should ever be needing to recover if you have an item piece in your hand
Unless your opponent got you offtstage and is throwing items at you and you catch one, in which case I guess it works on stages like frigate, CS1, etc (stages with walls at the sides so your suit piece can bounce off and come back toward you).

But honestly it would be better to simply practice your suitpiece play so that you don't get into that situation XD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, I know what the point of the video is - what it's like to be unrealistically good at brawl.
I was responding to Kewkky, who said he'd like to try out the suitpiece toss --> footstool for recovery in the video.
I'm saying it's not very realistic.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol, I know what the point of the video is - what it's like to be unrealistically good at brawl.
I was responding to Kewkky, who said he'd like to try out the suitpiece toss --> footstool for recovery in the video.
I'm saying it's not very realistic.
I don't need to worry about item play, ZSS was my first main in Brawl back when it came out and I used to only use her, so I have no problems with using/catching items. Doesn't really matter if it's not "very realistic", it still looks like a sweet and flashy thing to do to get people going crazy at tourneys. :embarrass:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Definitely cool, might catch some people off guard.
Also very situational and most people will probably shield once they hear the laser charging and/or when they see you bounce like that.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Not sure if you guys seen this so here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HGoFpR3ijs
I ahte you.

Definitely cool, might catch some people off guard.
Also very situational and most people will probably shield once they hear the laser charging and/or when they see you bounce like that.
I hate you too.

Even if it lands, rudimentary sDI will prevent them from going offstage.
This.

Also, why would they just sit there forever? If footstools stunned people that long this game would be the worst ever.
/saltyaboutsalem

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
It's interesting in that I didn't know you could move that fast out of a down b footstool. But I'm still learning the basics here, so don't mind me.

Isn't there a really impressive down b footstool launch we can do off of ROB's gyro? (t0mmy is in my region... this is relevant :-p)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, heads isn't the only part of a character we can footstool, any part that has a hurtbox of its own can be footstooled (I'm sure that items have some sort of hurtbox to them). If DK extends his arm and we try and downB footstool it, it'll work. :o

Top Bottom