• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Is there a certain way to make them vibrate I know its with the electric attack but do you have to hit in a certain area or something?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Is there a certain way to make them vibrate I know its with the electric attack but do you have to hit in a certain area or something?
Electrical attacks always make people vibrate.
It just generally doesn't do anything.

I asked because no one else knew and couldn't find it on your wonderful forum.
I just figured more people would know about something in a game that's 3 years old, when people knew about it 1 year after the game came out.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
What you do, is bait a really punishable move, and then sprint away and immediately press both of the triggers and A, and hit start twice really fast.
Don't forget to declare yourself the winner immediately after the pivot grab.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I use to try B sticking. But i found it impossible to dash dance anything. And then momentum cancelling was a joke for me.

I did it with peach for a while, when i first started. But i remember someone mentioning it for ZSS and when i tried it, it was just...

*shudder*
Awful.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I don't B-Stick but I did recently change Z to special for C-bouncing. It's pretty easy and it helps with my side B spacing a lot. It also helps with my flipkick edge cancel spacing.

I like using X for buffering grabs and Z-catching/dropping more than Z.

Also, you can still boost grab and pivot boost grab by using C-stick down + shield.

idk if you have any secondaries but this config has also helped me with Peach's free pulling and I like using X for IC's CGs.

The only way things I can think of that would be harder would be charging Falco's BDACUS and charging Squirtle's shell-shifted smashes since you'd have to claw or set another shoulder button to attack. But I claw for DACUS anyway so wasn't really an issue. You should give it a try.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I don't B-Stick but I did recently change Z to special for C-bouncing. It's pretty easy and it helps with my side B spacing a lot. It also helps with my flipkick edge cancel spacing.

I like using X for buffering grabs and Z-catching/dropping more than Z.

Also, you can still boost grab and pivot boost grab by using C-stick down + shield.

idk if you have any secondaries but this config has also helped me with Peach's free pulling and I like using X for IC's CGs.

The only way things I can think of that would be harder would be charging Falco's BDACUS and charging Squirtle's shell-shifted smashes since you'd have to claw or set another shoulder button to attack. But I claw for DACUS anyway so wasn't really an issue. You should give it a try.
what is C bouncing? Is that just B sticking with Z set to special instead?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Special inputs overwrite attack inputs. So you can use the C-stick (set to smash) and a B button to do a special but the timing is pretty tight. I use C-stick + Z to wave bounce side B. It's pretty much a harder version of B-sticking that you can do without changing controls. It's just hitting the B button + C-stick is really awkward since you have to claw.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Random question

I hear the infinite on Wario is difficult because of its strict timing. Can I buffer the dsmash, or does that make it come out too early for the infinite to work?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The infinite is kinda hard. I though if you buffered it then it went to early, but of course i could be very wrong. Its been so long since i needed to use that hahaha .Just know that they can use bike to get out of it

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Though, we have a regrab on wario

in order for them to bike, they have to bike in the opposite direction, if i'm not mistaken.

Which means, that we can predict the bike, regrab and then with the next release we can PG him away from the bike.

I've done it before, the timing is strict. But it feels soo good..

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Though, we have a regrab on wario

in order for them to bike, they have to bike in the opposite direction, if i'm not mistaken.

Which means, that we can predict the bike, regrab and then with the next release we can PG him away from the bike.

I've done it before, the timing is strict. But it feels soo good..
So I'm somewhat new to ZSS and I'm curious about this (since there is a Wario in this state). How is this infinite done? I know the one on ROB and I'm getting pretty good at it... but this one is new to me.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ocft5K4OE We have that infinite on Wario and probably other tire locks too. If we grab Wario when he's near a tire we can set it up with GR > super spike Up B.

@Tuen You should try pivoting before you footstool ROB. It makes the infinite easier, you just have to be careful not to buffer a D tilt

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah before you footstool you should turn around to make life easier.

We have like, what, 7 infinites? Wario, Squirtle, Tire, Banana, ROB, SmashVille and platformcancel.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Smashville and platform cancel infinites? Explain yoself

and if the wario hasn't seen the dsmash infinite before, it'll work lol. I've used it many times in tourney. Of course it's situational, but if they are unaware they can DI and jump out, then thats a free kill.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I think we only have 5. What are the smashville and platform cancel infinites?

Edit: I took 10 minutes writing my post. Is the GR on the smashville platform agaisnt Mk actually an infinite though? He should be able to get out if he breaks out of the grab when the platform is at the end of the screen.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I wanna hear this back room stuff.

I'm hoping to get into the BBR with puff this coming season.
I need to write more articles about her obviously.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think we only have 5. What are the smashville and platform cancel infinites?

Edit: I took 10 minutes writing my post. Is the GR on the smashville platform agaisnt Mk actually an infinite though? He should be able to get out if he breaks out of the grab when the platform is at the end of the screen.
Dsmash works even with a little but of movement, and if he does release at that point a fsmash/bair will kill him from like 50% onwards.

The only thing that might go wrong is that when you pivot grab him to go to the other side, you only get to regrab him once before the movement starts again because the platform is too small... but once again, grab works with like, 1 step worth of movement (we might have a step>regrab on MK but it's not practical lol)

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
At 50%+ he should be able to stay grabbed long enough for the platform to stop then start moving the other way.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
They can DI it. And bike in the oppoisite direction.

Reading the Bik and regrabbing is the good choice, and since we have a regrab on wario, it really isn't hard to grab off the bike.

A majority of Wario's won't get out though. IME

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
They can DI it. And bike in the oppoisite direction.

Reading the Bik and regrabbing is the good choice, and since we have a regrab on wario, it really isn't hard to grab off the bike.

A majority of Wario's won't get out though. IME
They don't need to bike.
They can just hold away.
In the couple of frames he can move, he escapes d-smash.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ocft5K4OE We have that infinite on Wario and probably other tire locks too. If we grab Wario when he's near a tire we can set it up with GR > super spike Up B.

@Tuen You should try pivoting before you footstool ROB. It makes the infinite easier, you just have to be careful not to buffer a D tilt
I'm figuring that out right now. On one hand, it's real nice to be facing the right direction when it comes to dsmash. On the other time, the time spent pivoting (without dashing away...) is used up stun time, so there's less time to footstool. And I personally like taking my time there to make sure I get it right.

But I've also only practiced the infinite specifically for a few practice sessions, so I'm sure it will get better.

For the wario/tire infinite, is it not OK to just start from the dsmash and loop from there?

Top Bottom