• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Marth is even.
MK barely wins.
Wario barely wins, or is even.
None of this disagrees with what I said, though I disagree in regards to Marth and MK, but that's a discussion for another time.

I'm saying any character whose game requires them to jump other than those three gets *****.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I think it's only a matter of time until people figure out that any character that has to jump to win - Excluding Marth, MK, and somehwat Wario - get ***** by ZSS.

Poor low tiers.
Agreed...for the most part at least. I was surprised others weren't abusing up air to the extent that I was until recently (I know I saw Nick use it in such a way in a match against Coney). Maybe some of you did this stuff all along, but I always felt that my timing/speed/spacing with up air was the one thing I that I did best. Being able to short hop up air out of shield/off the ground instantly and with quick reflexes vs the opponent's approach is a HUGE advantage.

Peach, btw, is somewhat a unique case because her zoning game with turnips makes things kinda messy. Too tired now to go into detail, but it's probably around 55-45 ZSS favor imo

Zero

Smash Hero
I think it's only a matter of time until people figure out that any character that has to jump to win - Excluding Marth, MK, and somehwat Wario - get ***** by ZSS.

Poor low tiers.
Not even excluding, really. MK doesn't really count here, as he doesn't have to jump to win.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Wario will always be evenish because of how hard he is to kill if he plays it safe. Both characters keep each other out pretty well, which makes it a long match usually, though I find it pretty entertaining because it's all micro spacing

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Btw to those checking metagame minutes
I brought this up before but you can downb kick cancel to bair if you do it on any opponent on a platform and they get slid off

Zero

Smash Hero
Noobs don't realise we have TWO general threads, one general metagame and one social. It works way better than the system other boards use.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, I'm learning to always beat MK's nado with the back hit of uair.
It combos into everything!
It's amazing!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'll grab the replays Nick made and give them to him tomorrow~

to give you guys a small primer just look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7mu4_JLzE#t=2m27s

At certain angles your ridiculous Uair is able to reach the cylinder shape of hurtboxes MK has within his nado. Nick's vids will show some nice demonstrations.

You're all lucky D:, RosiePeach's Nair/Bair doesn't allow for much follow up after breaking nado.

:rosalina:

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'll grab the replays Nick made and give them to him tomorrow~

to give you guys a small primer just look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7mu4_JLzE#t=2m27s

At certain angles your ridiculous Uair is able to reach the cylinder shape of hurtboxes MK has within his nado. Nick's vids will show some nice demonstrations.

You're all lucky D:, RosiePeach's Nair/Bair doesn't allow for much follow up after breaking nado.

:rosalina:
Using Up air against the nado was something I messed around with for a little while, and the results seemed so random that I thought I must have just gotten lucky or maybe hit him as it was starting or ending. I guess I gave up too quickly on it, but I'm hyped! One more little reason for me to start running the streets again :glare:
Heh, and good stuff Nick

Snakeee

Smash Master

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Double post!

So, I randomly went to the Fox boards a little while ago, and they have this thing where if they grab MK while MK's in the air, and buffer a grab-attack... MK has a forced air release.

I wanted to try it with ZSS.
It turns out, if you grab DDD from the air, it's a force air release. Your only followup is regrab. and if you buffer a grab-attack out of it, you get that forced quick ground release thing.
It... makes no sense.
That basically means... if you d-smash DDD, you get a free running GR CG... on places with walk-offs.

Top Bottom