• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's not particularly hard, per se, but it interrupts the match a fair bit. I mean, it seems a bit stupid that you should have to stop what you're doing simply because you have to jump up to avoid the lava. And plus the platform holder thing seems a bit unfair.
You should be watching the stage, the lava is seen to HELP some players. That's the point of a COUNTERPICK.

That ledge completely screws over Olimar and Ivysaur, but otherwise.... OK, I suppose that one isn't so bad.
THATS THE ENTIRE POINT OF COUNTERPICKING THIS STAGE! It also screws up Link/Zamus (to a degree), Falcon, Ganon, and many others.

All moving stages should be banned IMO. It ends up being more about keeping up with the screen than actually fighting.
Have you ever even played on RC? It moves so epicly slow.... even Link and Ganon can keep up with the stage...

Pretty sure Lylat is a CP rather then Neutral due to the tilting. :/

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The fact that the stage tilts doesn't really seem like a good enough reason to make it a counterpick rather than a neutral. And besides, why isn't Bridge of Eldin a counterpick? Yes, it has walk-off edges, but that gives it reason for King Dedede to counterpick it. If Brinstar is a counterpick then **** it Bridge of Eldin should be too.

BTW, off-topic, but SuSa, is it just me or do you frequent half the character boards lol?

SuSa

SBR voting, it was like 16 neutral, 8 CP. -_- so it's a Starter/CP stage. Up to the TO.

Bridge of Eldin is also overbearingly huge, like Temple. It promotes an unhealthily large amount of camping. Also any stage with a permanent walk-off has been banned from what I know.

I frequent most of the boards, yes. :p

Gea

Smash Master
Lylat is CP due to the stage screwing recoveries. I don't think its that big of a deal (yoshi's is just as much of a CP imo) but I can see why space animals would hate it.

SuSa

Yoshi's is considered Neutral. Lylat is a Starter/Counter only due to having like 8 CP votes with 16 Neutral votes. -_- Which IMO should make it a neutral.

Also some people in the SBR think PS1 should be BANNED. -_- (like 2-3 people)... I question their reasoning on that.

Gea

Smash Master
Wall infinites, fall through the stage, iffy edges, promotes stalling.

While those reasons aren't legit (to me anyways), some of the SBR is REALLY liberal on stage bans, only wanting like 4-5 stages max. Hell, I know Oregon has a really restrictive rule set.

Also Susa you live in HB? **** I used to live in Fullerton. Wish I had known, you seem like a cool cat (I swear I typed that before reading your title)

SuSa

Avoidable wall infinites, you can fall through nearly ALL stages. (I've fallen through Smashville+Yoshi's Island + Lylat + Delfino + PS2 + like 3 other stages.

Edges are something you need to get over with, if you have a problem with those edges ban FD. :|

Can't deny the second, it does sort of promote stalling on some parts. :x

Luckily the liberals aren't the majority. ^^; But still..... lol

Also, I wish you still did. :'( Don't even know ya but still.... lol wish I had more nearby smashers... I have some medium level players (there is this guy named Paper. He used to get 3 stocked by me, now he's taking me down to 2nd stock high % or last stock. oo he's a G&W.... I feel he'll be the best G&W in SoCal soon (which isn't saying THAT much.. xD but still) it's amazing how much he has improved.... then there are others... Dao (best player that's local to me IMO) and that's about it. :x So the more the merrier.

I LOL'd at your last part.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah I know. It is crazy to think someone is calling the shots back there that wanted to ban it. Oh well, all stage lists seem to be regional anyways.

Dude do you ever eat at Pizza D'Oro? Or Athens West? ARUGHHHH I miss those places so much.

Gea

Smash Master
Pizza D'Oro is a family run Italian place that is pretty cheap. Kinda hidden in a neighborhood.

Athens West is a greek place run by some immigrants that is both cheap and DELICIOUS. It is off of Yorktown near Main Street in a shopping center with a McDonalds and Starbucks. If you like Greek food, gogoooo

sasook

Smash Champion
How can you hate Pizza? ;-;

It's not particularly hard, per se, but it interrupts the match a fair bit. I mean, it seems a bit stupid that you should have to stop what you're doing simply because you have to jump up to avoid the lava. And plus the platform holder thing seems a bit unfair.
There are plenty of stages where you have to stop what you're doing because you need to pay attention to the stage. PS1+2, Norfair, Pictochat, Delfino, Halberd, etc.

All moving stages should be banned IMO. It ends up being more about keeping up with the screen than actually fighting.
Let's throw in Delfino and Halberd then. lol

As for why Lylat isn't neutral... I'm not sure.
Pretty sure Lylat is a CP rather then Neutral due to the tilting. :/
O.o

Lylat's a neutral in my area...

Have you ever even played on RC? It moves so epicly slow.... even Link can keep up with the stage...
Lol, and turns out it happens to be one of his best stages. :laugh:

Zero

Smash Hero
Crap, that's exactly what I thought of saying after seeing that post.
Beat me to it Riddle. :mad:

....Japanese ppl eat weird pizza btw >_>
OMG JAPANESE PIZZA IS AWESOME!!!!

It was sooooo good. But not as good as taiyaki. I wanna go back :(

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Pizza is nice, but it's not orgasmic. Now pasta on the other hand, that stuff is brilliant! I could eat a whole kilogram to myself, easy.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
It depends where you are, really. I think you're absolutely nuts if you don't like pizza, but then I remembered that I get my Pizza from new Haven. That's only right under New York pizza.

You probably just haven't had real pizza before.

EDIT: I just gimpyfish comboed a CPU MK for a stage spike.

It was pretty much the highlight of my life.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Pizza is nice, but it's not orgasmic. Now pasta on the other hand, that stuff is brilliant! I could eat a whole kilogram to myself, easy.
Depending on the pasta, if its overcooked, i will get mad and eat a fork or two and then i´d say im on a diet or something.

Pasta has to be ¨Al dente¨ or something, thats how my mom says it.

Pizza, is awsome.

Gea

Smash Master
Pizza is so versatile that I think everyone can find something they like. Generic delivery pizza is heavy and fatty. While not bad, I can definitely see why some people would pass on it.

I am in love with Greek Pizzas. No sauce, flatbread esque crust, feta cheese, kalamata olives, olive oil, etc. Sometimes artichoke hearts on there.

**** its good. Also spinach and mushroom pizzas for God tier.

Well made Alfredo though... that stuff is heaven on noodles. Really bad for you, really easy to make. Put in some broccoli, a bit of chicken. MMMM.

I love the hell out of Italian food but I gotta say that my favorite genre of food is Tex Mex. GOD**** I love the stuff. Cali has nothing on it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Clearly, you've never had Papa John's.

Edit: Oh wait, you're from the UK. In that case, it's a wonder you like any food.
Hey, I said it was good. Just not the best food ever. And what does my nationality have to do with my opinion on food, huh?

Moving away from food, I've come to the conclusion that in terms of dodging attacks, Flip Jump > airdodge. Whenever I airdodge, I always get paranoid that my opponent will predict it and punish me (that happens when you use Peach a lot). Anyway, I decided to experiment with Flip Jump a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that it works very well. You can attack out of it quicker than you can out of an airdodge and the invincibility frames start quicker. And even if they don't attack, it isn't all over, because you can quickly kick out of it. Due to its high priority, it should beat out the move, or at the very least trade hits, and when it comes to trading hits, 75% of the time your opponent will be the one worse off.

So yeah, from now on, I'm using Flip Jumps instead of airdodges, unless I need them to recover.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hey, I said it was good. Just not the best food ever. And what does my nationality have to do with my opinion on food, huh?

Moving away from food, I've come to the conclusion that in terms of dodging attacks, Flip Jump > airdodge. Whenever I airdodge, I always get paranoid that my opponent will predict it and punish me (that happens when you use Peach a lot). Anyway, I decided to experiment with Flip Jump a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that it works very well. You can attack out of it quicker than you can out of an airdodge and the invincibility frames start quicker. And even if they don't attack, it isn't all over, because you can quickly kick out of it. Due to its high priority, it should beat out the move, or at the very least trade hits, and when it comes to trading hits, 75% of the time your opponent will be the one worse off.

So yeah, from now on, I'm using Flip Jumps instead of airdodges, unless I need them to recover.
The thing is, you can airdodge down, you cannot Flip Jump down. if the opponent is good at following you, they can still hit you after the invulnerability of a Flip Jump. (Plus, the arc cannot change)

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Oh, hey, guys, I figured out two cool things earlier today;

Suspended Dair = Dair while you still have momentum from an attack. Spam Dair when being juggled, so you break out of hitstun with it, and have an awesome sex-kick to protect you from below (something we aren't supposed to have!!!).

Also, buffer out of airdodge = input once you see her start to do a spin. Relatively very easy, and airdodge>Uair sounds like it would be an awesome countering tool.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You guys might be able to recover high if you use a move to momentum cancel and then use Dair.

It works with TL's Dair, so idk. Worth testing at least.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also, buffer out of airdodge = input once you see her start to do a spin. Relatively very easy, and airdodge>Uair sounds like it would be an awesome countering tool.
Charby has told me he thinks SHAD to buffered uair is our best approach more than once. I think there's too much downtime in between AD to uair personally though.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
SHAD to Uair has a total of 14 frames of lag between them. Which for pros is more than enough time to punish you.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Just saying. I wouldn't be a big fan of eating if I lived in the UK. Food there is just weird.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Oh wait, just remembered that I have had good English Chocolate.

noradseven

Smash Lord
A page old, but ph00tbag all big chain pizza sucks, tru story, papa johns is p. decent though, mellow mushroom owns for being a chain but still its fairly small, but other than that you really just got to eat at local pizza places.

Top Bottom