• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

sasook

Smash Champion
Yes, but you're well practiced with craq walking, being a Link main :p
Craq Walking is so good for Link. I'm jealous :(
I can do it with link easy, but with ZSS its more grrr, I guess its because I just found out about it recently, also yeah it owns with link, thats like the main reason I learned it was for my link alt.
Lol, I meant doing it with ZSS. It is easier for Link, but I still don't find it hard with ZSS. Maybe it's just muscle memory or something.

sasook

Smash Champion
Is it worth learning as ZSS? I was frustrated trying to do it earlier but I´ll practice if it´s actually useful.
IMO, no. It might have slight use for a small sliding dsmash on slanted portions of stages, but other than that, I don't really think so.

Though, I'd love for someone to prove me wrong and find a use for it. That'd be awesome.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
No, we tested that. It turns out her dsmash will probably never slide because it cancels momentum.

The day I realized that was a sad one indeed.

Zero

Smash Hero
We have one of the best taunt games in the game. Added to our normal arsenal of fantastic taunts, we have the craqwalk, combat walk, backwards crawl, and what may be seen as the most broken taunt of them all: forward smash.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
We have one of the best taunt games in the game. Added to our normal arsenal of fantastic taunts, we have the craqwalk, combat walk, backwards crawl, and what may be seen as the most broken taunt of them all: forward smash.
Can't forget the age-old "hold A button" and "dash dance to usmash" taunts.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Its still p. bad with d-tilt even with maximum accuracy tested at like 1/4 speed I could only slide like 6-8 inches, I was disappointed because with link like this its like 5-6 feet or something crazy.

Yeah I can do it with ZSS just I mess it up sometimes, or I just can't keep going full speed.

Can't forget the age-old "hold A button" and "dash dance to usmash" taunts.
Or the age old d-air spike, after the opponent has no chance of recovering.

sasook

Smash Champion
I did that to my friend. He was like "so...... there's Bowsercide, Kirbycide......THAT IS THE ZAMUSIDE"

lol

Zero

Smash Hero
Don't forget the Zerocide, which is famous here for buffering dsmashs and then dairing to my death. Or forgetting to tether. Or randomly dairing off the stage. I need a new ZSS controller.

:(

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Don't forget the Zerocide, which is famous here for buffering dsmashs and then dairing to my death. Or forgetting to tether. Or randomly dairing off the stage. I need a new ZSS controller.

In my circle of brawlers, I was famous for (and still sometimes accidentally/pity stock) dair-ing myself to death once a match.

Nixernator

Smash Ace

My controller sometimes thinks that Down-B is Side-B...
Off the edge is when it hurts tho =(. Happened 3 times in one set in pools last tourny, self gimps at 60%? Lame.

I've learnt my lesson and now bring a spare controller to tournies Lol.

PS: Brawls buffering system can be so silly, buffering Dsmash only for it to end up Dair is so dumb.

sasook

Smash Champion
Psch, try imagining this, it happened to me:

I was on a roll ok? Like, uair -> uair -> wire (we weren't that high up) then as I'm coming down... sourspot uair -> bair -> offstage whip (I missed)....land on stage, land the offstage dsmash, go in for the KO with a fair....

boom. Dair SD. rofl

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Psch, try imagining this, it happened to me:

I was on a roll ok? Like, uair -> uair -> wire (we weren't that high up) then as I'm coming down... sourspot uair -> bair -> offstage whip (I missed)....land on stage, land the offstage dsmash, go in for the KO with a fair....

boom. Dair SD. rofl
I do that all the time. ;_;

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
I felt gay when i did a backwards flip jump resulting in my last stock death in a tourney.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I need to post here moar. :/

My controller has a weirdly sensitive control stick. I try to side-b, up-b, even down-b sometimes, and end up with neutral-b. Which sucks, 'cause side-b is a such a staple in both ZSS's and Marth's game. And Ike, in a different way.

And yesss ^ I hate when I accidentally flip and/or kick the wrong way. >.<

I haven't had accidental dair suicides happen very often, save for when I switch to ZSS right after playing Marth. Instead, I just get really nervous off-stage trying to avoid doing that. XD

Oh, and craq walking? AKA pivot walking AKA Haze Walking? I love doing that. It looks so silly~

sasook

Smash Champion
Oh, and craq walking? AKA pivot walking boosting
Pivot walking has different inputs, though the common misconception is that pivot walking = pivot boosting.

Pivot boosting = using only the control stick, just like how it looks on screen

Pivot walking = originally called Doop Walking, something to do with holding A and angling the C-stick upwards.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
aah. so then what's pivot boosting?

One would have thought I'd have found the difference considering I spent hours searching for explanations of it. >.<

sasook

Smash Champion
Pivot boosting is tilting the stick back and forth, just like how it looks on screen. A little harder, but more versatile for the characters that can exploit it. Marth and Link are good examples.

From what I've seen, pivot walking is easier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwwdhol9NX8 The guy who made that is pretty bad at pivot boosting, but good at pivot walking.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I just wish we could dair spike snake out of his cypher, and then get saved by the cypher damage. Stupid dair only doing 4 damage ruined that plan.

Snakeee

Smash Master
If you anticipate it really well you can go for the down B spike, but that is what I'd call the 'greedy' choice. I'd only go for it if I have proper spacing on him.
If he goes up high I'll Up B him, and if enough of it hits it will drag him down (I forget exactly how that works). Most commonly though, I'll just keep b-airing/f-airing him.

noradseven

Smash Lord
If you anticipate it really well you can go for the down B spike, but that is what I'd call the 'greedy' choice. I'd only go for it if I have proper spacing on him.
If he goes up high I'll Up B him, and if enough of it hits it will drag him down (I forget exactly how that works). Most commonly though, I'll just keep b-airing/f-airing him.
last hit box the one thats slighty in front of u and really high is the one that sucks down.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Slightly in front and at the very top of upb is the part that spikes? I can never remember/figure that out for some reason... XD If only that wasn't so hard to test. :/

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I always assumed it was simply the part at the top that looked kinda like a ball. Like a less exaggerated version of the one you see on side B.

sasook

Smash Champion
The spike hitbox for me has always been like, 3/4 of the way up, from the gun. The "ball" does the slow spike, but the 3/4 way does the super fast one. That's what I've found *shrug*

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The spike hitbox for me has always been like, 3/4 of the way up, from the gun. The "ball" does the slow spike, but the 3/4 way does the super fast one. That's what I've found *shrug*
Probably true. There's a "sourspot" just north of the gun too that stalls the opponent in the air and combos into uair. :D

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I´ve always managed to get the ¨super spike" most often when chasing with a boost jump, and it seems like it´s not all the way up the whip but more like 3/4 of the way up, and slightly in front like norad said.

Top Bottom