• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
I´ve always managed to get the ¨super spike" most often when chasing with a boost jump, and it seems like it´s not all the way up the whip but more like 3/4 of the way up, and slightly in front like norad said.
it happens like right below the ball right when the ball starts getting sucked it, I know it and hate hitting that spot, because my dastardly friends starting at high damages getting hit by it teching and punishing before my move ended >:(

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Or dB spike it.
this...

If a snake is dumb enough to recover from low(and close to the edge) then you can gimp or Dsmash To Db.

If you anticipate it really well you can go for the down B spike, but that is what I'd call the 'greedy' choice. I'd only go for it if I have proper spacing on him.
If he goes up high I'll Up B him, and if enough of it hits it will drag him down (I forget exactly how that works). Most commonly though, I'll just keep b-airing/f-airing him.
Sometimes, Snake is hard to hit when hes recovering from above. T.T

SMFP YOUR AVY ****ING OWNS.

/caps.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Has anyone else here been able to get a flip-kick spike out of Dsmash while the opponent is still on the stage? If they're right on the edge, the KB on the Dsmash puts them out over the edge, so the spike is fatal. Is this fool proof, or is it DIable? I'd think that if you DI'd both the Dsmash and the kick, you'd end up hitting the stage, but I've never seen it done before.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Has anyone else here been able to get a flip-kick spike out of Dsmash while the opponent is still on the stage? If they're right on the edge, the KB on the Dsmash puts them out over the edge, so the spike is fatal. Is this fool proof, or is it DIable? I'd think that if you DI'd both the Dsmash and the kick, you'd end up hitting the stage, but I've never seen it done before.
Charby does it in his combo video. He has to get it out of a shield break, though.

Zero

Smash Hero
What risk? If they DI into the stage, they can either tech, getup attack or roll away. dB kick doesn't have huuuuge amounts of landing lag, so there's not much risk involved.

sasook

Smash Champion
Btw.....did anyone ever figure out how to perfect that double flipstool thing? I never really understood what people meant by "has to be grounded" and stuff.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Guys... You know how we all hate Sakurai, everyone talks **** about him... many people say that because he played a huge part in making the kirby series, that he was biased in the creation of the kirby characters in SSBB, which is why they are all high tier. But honestly... look at this. o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiCcOJ7gfyo

Zero

Smash Hero
HE IS ENTERTAINER

That's a really old video, I think I linked it in ZSS IRC back in ye ol' days. I love how he almost wizkicks off the edge in the first part of the match.

Look at that Ganon spacing with wizkick, it's godly!

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
hey can't you usmash out of a shield with zss or anyone?
i heard that some where..

please don't replay with hateful things, i just want to know

Zero

Smash Hero
SuSa, you're coming around to the ZSS boards quite often now, considering maining her yet? :p

In respect to the question, yes you can usmash out of shield. However, in almost any situation where an opponent is above you, it's almost always better to either utilt or uair. An exception would be against an aerial Lucario or Peach, for instance.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Naww, just expanding my knowledge of characters I have issues fighting against.

A Zamus ***** me on RC. I need to learn her weaknesses. ;) What better way to fight your opponent then to know them and their habits? :)

Zero

Smash Hero
I agree, there is no better way. Although RC is pretty **** broken for ZSS, I suggest banning it :)

But then there's Brinstar. I'm assuming RC is absolutely terrible for Snake, except for the boat part.

Zero

Smash Hero
Ooh, I never knew it was a good stage for Snake. But then again, outside my own character's metagame, I'm as bad as a new player.

Tournaments now are starting to ban RC, or so I've heard. But when stages like Weegee's are legal at HOBO, I hardly think it'll be widespread. -_-

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think it should be legal personally. Since stage control characters generally have the neutral stage in their advantage, and then can CP if they win the first, I feel that an aerial based stage like RC is important to balance stage control against aerialists.

And even though the stage moves, it's not so fast that it hinders anyone. The only character that I feel is broke on this stage is MK because of stupidly low SL gimps, but hey that's MK.

I can't for the life of me understand why BIO has brinstar banned though. WTF

sasook

Smash Champion
SuSa, you're coming around to the ZSS boards quite often now, considering maining her yet? :p
It's my fault. SuSa follows me wherever I go :laugh:

The Link boards, now the ZSS boards.....I've seen him on the Zelda boards a few times....lol

And RC shouldn't be banned. It's an awesome stage, don't complain. It's great for the Snake main up there, it's great for us, and it's great for Link. What more could you want?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Brinstar should be banned though. As should Rainbow Cruise. And Jungle Japes should be made neutral.

Though admittedly I'm biased like **** regarding the last point.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Brinstar should be banned though. As should Rainbow Cruise. And Jungle Japes should be made neutral.

Though admittedly I'm biased like **** regarding the last point.
Why would you want japes to be a neutral? o_o It's arguably ZSS' worst stage...

Or is it good for peach?

sasook

Smash Champion
RC and Brinstar? What is wrong with you people ;-;

Gettin' rid of all my good stages v_v

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well when I look at it, brinstar is no where near bannable, which is why I don't get it. RC and Japes I can both see being banned, although I think both are okay (obviously I hate japes but from an "unbiased" standpoint it's fine)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Why would you want japes to be a neutral? o_o It's arguably ZSS' worst stage...

Or is it good for peach?
I play Peach slightly more than I play ZSS, so it being Peach's best stage just about counteracts it being ZSS' worst stage. (Though I'm sure WHY it's her worst tage but w/e)

TBH, it's fine as a counterpick. I still think that RC and Brinstar should be banned. Oh, and Frigate Orpheon too.

sasook

Smash Champion
RC and Brinstar are fine, just learn how to play them and you'll love them in no time. And Frigate is faaaaaarrrrrr from being banned, even though I hate that stage.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
RC isn't fine. It's no less broken than Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (1-2 is way more broken) or Rumble Falls or any other moving stages. The only reason it's legal is because of pre-existing Melee bias. :p

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
RC and Brinstar are roughly equal in terms of brokenness IMO(yes, I realise that brokenness not a real word).

sasook

Smash Champion
RC isn't fine. It's no less broken than Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (1-2 is way more broken) or Rumble Falls or any other moving stages. The only reason it's legal is because of pre-existing Melee bias. :p
Lol, I think it's just because you're not a fan of moving stages. The blastzones are large, you can't really walk-off CG there, and almost all infinites are nullified because of the platform movement.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
1-1 and 1-2 are walkoffs while moving...

RC, Frigate, and Brinstar are all fine.

Brinstar:
What's so broken about this stage? Avoiding lava ISN'T that hard... :|

Frigate:
Gives fair enough warning for the flip, most people use it as a CP because of the right edge during the first transition. Hoping their opponent doesn't know it has no ledge to grab.

RC:
A few walkoffs but they are temp. Not throughout the stage, nothing really bannable about it IMO. :/

Also Japes can't be a ****ing Neutral... not sure if you know what a neutral is. (I want to know why Lylat isn't a neutral... it may be the tilting of the stage. :/)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303

Brinstar:
What's so broken about this stage? Avoiding lava ISN'T that hard... :|

It's not particularly hard, per se, but it interrupts the match a fair bit. I mean, it seems a bit stupid that you should have to stop what you're doing simply because you have to jump up to avoid the lava. And plus the platform holder thing seems a bit unfair.

Frigate:
Gives fair enough warning for the flip, most people use it as a CP because of the right edge during the first transition. Hoping their opponent doesn't know it has no ledge to grab.
That ledge completely screws over Olimar and Ivysaur, but otherwise.... OK, I suppose that one isn't so bad.

RC:
A few walkoffs but they are temp. Not throughout the stage, nothing really bannable about it IMO. :/
All moving stages should be banned IMO. It ends up being more about keeping up with the screen than actually fighting.

Also Japes can't be a ****ing Neutral... not sure if you know what a neutral is. (I want to know why Lylat isn't a neutral... it may be the tilting of the stage. :/)
I was joking about Japes being a neutral. It's fine as a counterpick IMO.

As for why Lylat isn't neutral... I'm not sure.

Top Bottom