• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Use a better character.
Typical answer. It was expected.

Wanna try giving me decent advice that correspond to my characters like adumbrodeus did? Or are you not capable of doing that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
calm down guys, is only the 1v1 ruleset.

I wonder if they'll consider the 2v2...

MrEh

Smash Hero
Typical answer. It was expected.
Good. Then you probably understand that it's probably the greatest solution in gaming history.

Wanna try giving me decent advice that correspond to my characters like adumbrodeus did? Or are you not capable of doing that.
You're in the Zelda boards, asking how to win with Peach, Luigi or Kirby.

Oh ****. +1 for DTP, lol.
+1

I wonder if they'll consider the 2v2...
Depends on how much money is in it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
7. If Players are scheduled to play each other for a 2nd time in an Open Bracket, and they played a Best of 3 Game Match in the Winners Bracket, their Match will expand to a Best of 7, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 2 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 7 will resume with Game 3 and Player A leading 2 Games to 0. When the Match is resumed, the loser of the Winners Bracket Match must select the Stage for the upcoming Game. When the Match is resumed, the winner of the Winners Bracket Match must select their Character for the upcoming Game first. The loser of the Winners Bracket Match must then select their Character for the upcoming Game.

8. If the Players scheduled to play each other in the Finals played each other in the Winners Bracket Finals, their Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player A leading 3 Games to 0. When the Match is resumed, the loser of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must select the Stage for the upcoming Game. When the Match is resumed, the winner of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must select their Character for the upcoming Game first. The loser of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must then select their Character for the upcoming Game.
wtf?

Also, I noticed there that they WILL include the 2v2, but will not be online...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Good. Then you probably understand that it's probably the greatest solution in gaming history.
Can't argue with that I guess lol

You're in the Zelda boards, asking how to win with Peach, Luigi or Kirby.
Don't give me that. Yeah we're in the Zelda boards, but we were on the topic of MLG rules and so I brought up Green Greens, in the social thread, where we can pretty much talk about anything.

Even if I asked for advice regarding Zelda and Green Greens I surely would've got the same half *** answer from you, as usual.

EDIT: bleh, I'm being kinda harsh. Just forget about it lol
It's no big anyways.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Super sets for repeat opponents. Awesome, the game will drag on longer then it already does. lol

As far as doubles go, let's just hope the missing friendly fire rule isn't intentional. And I think they don't have an online qualifier for doubles since there will probably be a smaller turnout. (It's doubles after all.)

EDIT: bleh, I'm being kinda harsh. Just forget about it lol
It's no big anyways..
Bingo. It's the social thread. It's not so much informative as it is an easy +1.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
LOL @first stock. Wow.

That wasn't really GG's fault, though, except for the tight edge. (Talking about the first stock only.)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
LOL @first stock. Wow.

That wasn't really GG's fault, though, except for the tight edge.
That's the point, the entire game was tyrant making one lol mistake after another cause he was bad on the stage, probably cause he never played it.

That's why it's such a good teaching tool for what not to do on the stage, look at what tyrant did, do exactly the opposite.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Zelda seems good on Green Greens, but it is still a dumb, broken stage. It's not the stage hazards; it's the ridiculously small boundaries. The hazards wouldn't be so bad if they were on a bigger stage.

The starters are a complete joke but you get to strike 7 stages so you'll never play on something stupid.

The CP's to include Norfair & Green Greens is eh. I used to CP Norfair before it was banned in my region.

Honestly, I'll never go to an MLG tournament.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Zelda seems good on Green Greens, but it is still a dumb, broken stage. It's not the stage hazards; it's the ridiculously small boundaries. The hazards wouldn't be so bad if they were on a bigger stage.
Yes, it's got small hazards, but I don't see them as being too small to do anything beyond what a counterpick does.

The starters are a complete joke but you get to strike 7 stages so you'll never play on something stupid.
Actually, that's the reasoning, and well, if people are playing to win you should occasionally play on a stage you consider a CP for a starter, but the real point is a more even MU for the first round.

Honestly, I'll never go to an MLG tournament.
I wouldn't give up help quite yet.

good luck at herb 3 KLO :)

i rofl'd at that tyrant vid
I hope you rolf'd for the right reasons, that's an example of what lack of stage knowledge does to you.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yes, it's got small hazards, but I don't see them as being too small to do anything beyond what a counterpick does.
If you get knocked off the edge you wont come back there's no edge guard the blast zones are dumb small.

@ adum that isn't lack of stage knowledge that's just proff of a crappy stage being crappy. So i guess peach killing snake that early was lack of stage knowledge. I got it **** man you're so insightful....way to prove your point =/.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you get knocked off the edge you wont come back there's no edge guard the blast zones are dumb small.
DI?

But again, small blastzones help characters who prefer on-stage play, which is why this is a counter-pick.

Unless you can prove that one character or a small group of characters gets a 100% win rate here, it's fine for a counter-pick.

@ adum that isn't lack of stage knowledge that's just proff of a crappy stage being crappy. So i guess peach killing snake that early was lack of stage knowledge. I got it **** man you're so insightful....way to prove your point =/.
First stock... that was stitchface, he was dead the moment he got hit off-stage pretty much regardless of the stage. The fact that he kept getting himself into those situations however meant that he had no idea how to approach properly on the stage and use it to his advantage.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
DI?

But again, small blastzones help characters who prefer on-stage play, which is why this is a counter-pick.

Unless you can prove that one character or a small group of characters gets a 100% win rate here, it's fine for a counter-pick.

First stock... that was stitchface, he was dead the moment he got hit off-stage pretty much regardless of the stage. The fact that he kept getting himself into those situations however meant that he had no idea how to approach properly on the stage and use it to his advantage.
I don't remember saying anything about a 100% win ratio for any character on that stage is that what it takes for a stage to get banned? I understand MLG host this site an as a member of the BBR you should support them but let's be realistic my dude. This stage blows play a G&W or d3 on this stage then tell me something about lack of stage knowledge. ALso i would like to know why it is that you being from NY can even claim advanced knowledge or green greens and laugh it off. This isn't MW go to a tourney get some EXP hell i'd take you more serious if you played online seriously. But green greens is bad. Hell if you let green greens be legal why not shadow moss island or corneria it's only lack of stage knowledge that are holding players back =/.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't remember saying anything about a 100% win ratio for any character on that stage is that what it takes for a stage to get banned? I understand MLG host this site an as a member of the BBR you should support them but let's be realistic my dude. This stage blows play a G&W or d3 on this stage then tell me something about lack of stage knowledge. ALso i would like to know why it is that you being from NY can even claim advanced knowledge or green greens and laugh it off. This isn't MW go to a tourney get some EXP hell i'd take you more serious if you played online seriously. But green greens is bad. Hell if you let green greens be legal why not shadow moss island or corneria it's only lack of stage knowledge that are holding players back =/.
You honestly have no idea how seriously I play, the fact that I haven't been to NJ lately is meaningless. I'm a reasonably common sight in NYC tournaments and my school has a quality population of tournament players.

Honestly, it's mostly because I chose to practice on the stage once I saw Praxis' argument and I realized "hell, I was playing the stage all wrong".

What it comes down to is we obviously have very different definitions of what a counterpick is.

Bandit

Smash Lord
People die off the top much too easily (though it plays right into Zelda's hands). The blocks could create some lulzy moments and the wall infinites can/will happen.

I believe it is a stage Zelda will excel at because it's a camp fest with few approach options (most of which are from the air).

-----

I won't be going to MLG tournaments because I generally don't hit the big tournaments. I went to Pound 4 and played Brawl+ only, but Pound 4 was in my backyard. Generally, I don't travel OoS. I would have gone to HERB3 (had it lined up already with work) but the TO was so unorganized and the thread died from not being stickied that we cancelled our plans. The TO proceeded to drop Brawl+ entirely, so now, the trip would've been a waste (though I would've entered Brawl singles/doubles and maybe Melee teams).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That sucks, but never had that experience with large tournaments, I always enjoy them, too bad.

Also, it isn't that campy, it just seems that way, Zelda does like it though.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You honestly have no idea how seriously I play, the fact that I haven't been to NJ lately is meaningless. I'm a reasonably common sight in NYC tournaments and my school has a quality population of tournament players.

Honestly, it's mostly because I chose to practice on the stage once I saw Praxis' argument and I realized "hell, I was playing the stage all wrong".

What it comes down to is we obviously have very different definitions of what a counterpick is.
Really what tourney players go to your school? Also i check the results threa for every tourney in the area. Hell I just check everytourney thread each weekend just to see who's placing what and with who. It's cool if you don't go to tournies very often becuase neither do I.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Really what tourney players go to your school? Also i check the results threa for every tourney in the area. Hell I just check everytourney thread each weekend just to see who's placing what and with who. It's cool if you don't go to tournies very often becuase neither do I.
A few examples, Will used to go, Ben (N.A.G.A.C.E) goes. Ben's in a bit of a slump atm though, trying to snap him out of it.

Fun fact, I actually go to more tournaments then the results would indicate, my work schedule often forces me to drop by and just play people as opposed to actually enter.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
@ Grey - A lot of Fraternity stuff came up. Have a philanthropy coming up in two weeks, got 2 essays, had to do some bonding with my fraternity little brother, and other random college stuff. But I'm trying to get back in the scene now (I blame Z for bringing a wii to campus and making me play against a bunch of new people).

@ Adum - Let's make a petition to have Luigi's Mansion as a CP stage.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
multiquote ftw, you ******* talk too much when im not here D:

MLG ruleset is out, guys:

http://www.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/

The stage list is hilarious, I loooooove it. <3
MLG rules are odd

*Bombs MLG*
will join in the bombing
The no wireless controllers rule sucks, but guess what? Wiimotes and whatnot can definitely interfere with matches.... I've seen it happen. And while it's usually easy to fix at smaller tournies, it could take forever to find the problem controller(s) at an event as big as MLG.

It's a necessary evil.

Besides, GC controller ftw. Wiichuck is dumb, lol.
:( its really stupid :(
I have found MANY of the banned stages are Zelda CP's.
another reason Sakurai hate Zelda
MAKE LUIGI'S MANSION LEGAL!!!!!!

And I'm back. Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for awhile.
welcome back
i'd would be joining that petition

Bandit

Smash Lord
@ Grey - A lot of Fraternity stuff came up. Have a philanthropy coming up in two weeks, got 2 essays, had to do some bonding with my fraternity little brother, and other random college stuff. But I'm trying to get back in the scene now (I blame Z for bringing a wii to campus and making me play against a bunch of new people).

As long as MK exists, you will get nowhere with your petition. Hell, any character with any speed can circle camp that map.

Never going to happen.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
lol
I don't know what to say to that.......

This stage is a little too crazy for me. Those bombs.....
And the wind is annoying D:<

I'm still going to practice on it though. Thanks for the tips again bud.
Lol, don't worry, that just happens when you don't practice and play somebody from Washington who plays the stage all the time.

As I said, everything that happened in that stage could've been avoided, and if you want a commentary I can explain it in depth, but I think it would be more useful for you to realize on your one.

Also, the bombs are barely an issue, they kill really late (talking @ around 140 with DI), only have a hitbox one from, activate as soon as they encounter a hurtbox (whether you're invincible or not) and generally just bad. I get more gayness from melee Dreamland.

Just remember to momentium cancel with airdodge when you're sent towards the bombs and you'll do fine.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
A few examples, Will used to go, Ben (N.A.G.A.C.E) goes. Ben's in a bit of a slump atm though, trying to snap him out of it.

Fun fact, I actually go to more tournaments then the results would indicate, my work schedule often forces me to drop by and just play people as opposed to actually enter.
Ah I see that makes more sense then as I went to ktar 2 and wasn't able to enter =/.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well that's stupid.

EDIT: Ether just posted saying TA is on. MLG updated the doubles ruleset.

(I blame Z for bringing a wii to campus and making me play against a bunch of new people).
Oh yeaaaah, you're in Vegas with Z! Tell him to post more in the Pika forum, lol..... we need a western POV sometimes.

@Bandit: Generally, I dislike large tournaments too. Too many people, too much going on, and they're too ****ing long. I can only take so much Smash before I get insanely bored.

I started going a little crazy at Pound 4, not gonna lie. It's just.... too much.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

@Bandit: Generally, I dislike large tournaments too. Too many people, too much going on, and they're too ****ing long. I can only take so much Smash before I get insanely bored.

I started going a little crazy at Pound 4, not gonna lie. It's just.... too much.
did you start facepalming your brains out too?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not that time. =P

Btw, I made it to Winner's Finals in that wifi tourney..... but then I had to go against K Prime, lol. He's the only Pika who can beat me (out of all the Pikas I've played, which is a crapton), and I got 3-0'd as expected. We did friendlies after, and I only managed to win one match...... because he SD'd. ;-;

Anyways, Winner's bracket is waaaay ahead of Loser's, so now I'm gonna have to wait a long, long time til my next match. *siiiiiiigh~*

Top Bottom